Moderna v Pfizer

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Re: Moderna v Pfizer

Post by Kenr6583 » December 18, 2021, 11:05 am

Reinfections have already occurred. Having the antibodies at one time nor the vaccine will prevent a reinfection 100%.
Last edited by Kenr6583 on December 18, 2021, 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 18, 2021, 11:07 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 18, 2021, 10:56 am
From today's Economist Espresso:
A new study by researchers at Imperial College London found no evidence of a difference in severity between the Omicron variant of covid-19 and the Delta variant. The risk of reinfection, however, is 5.4 times higher. Previous infection or a two-dose vaccine regimen offer no more than 20% protection against symptomatic cases of Omicron—but a booster from an mRNA jab can push this figure up to 55-80%. Omicron is quickly supplanting other strains: it now dominates in England, accounting for 54% of cases.
https://www.economist.com/espresso
And from the study:
.....The researchers found that in Britain a two-dose course of the Pfizer or AstraZeneca vaccine was, at most, 20% effective against infection by Omicron. Having had covid in the past was also of little help, conferring only 19% protection—far less than the 85% against Delta found in other studies.

Boosters, however, can make a big difference. A third jab using Pfizer’s vaccine after an initial course of the AstraZeneca or Pfizer jab was between 55% and 80% effective against infection by Omicron.....
https://www.economist.com/science-and-t ... -the-world
Interesting, in light of a couple of "expert" opinions above. :-k
:lol: totally agree , go with the science, not the witchcraft.
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 18, 2021, 11:08 am

The Economist

The preferred media of the globalists of Davos. Of course they promote that.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

papafarang
udonmap.com

Post by papafarang » December 18, 2021, 11:14 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 18, 2021, 11:08 am
The Economist

The preferred media of the globalists of Davos. Of course they promote that.
spoken like a true conspiracy theorist ,we could have hours of fun with you, perhaps next week you could be our guest speaker ?
Hansa village clubhouse . Tel 0981657001 https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Han ... 5851?hl=en

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 18, 2021, 11:14 am

They are actually quoting Imperial College London, not globalists or Davos.

Did you inadvertently skip over that bit, Rico?

samsam
udonmap.com

Post by samsam » December 18, 2021, 11:15 am

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 18, 2021, 8:54 am

https://medicine.wustl.edu/news/good-ne ... rotection/
Good news: Mild COVID-19 induces lasting antibody protection
“Last fall, there were reports that antibodies wane quickly after infection with the virus that causes COVID-19, and mainstream media interpreted that to mean that immunity was not long-lived,” said senior author Ali Ellebedy, PhD, an associate professor of pathology & immunology, of medicine and of molecular microbiology. “But that’s a misinterpretation of the data. It’s normal for antibody levels to go down after acute infection, but they don’t go down to zero; they plateau. Here, we found antibody-producing cells in people 11 months after first symptoms. These cells will live and produce antibodies for the rest of people’s lives. That’s strong evidence for long-lasting immunity.”
There is also the question of damage to the immune system from the spike proteins contained in the vaccines. Numerous articles online are available that outline this damage.

https://greatgameindia.com/spike-protei ... na-repair/
Spike Protein Induced By COVID Vaccines Inhibits DNA Repair & Is Linked To Cancer Finds Major Swedish Study

Do what is best for you.
There is No Swedish study backing the cancer claim up period, i suggest that you stop reading these phony sites that you love and that you never question, source criticism have never been you'r strong Side in life!

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 18, 2021, 11:44 am

Funding
https://www.imperial.ac.uk/research-and ... rtunities/

Follow they money.

A public university in London is not going to be allowed to upset the UK government's vaccine apple cart.

As always, believe whatever you want to believe and do what is best for you.

PureBloods are not mutants.

"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » December 18, 2021, 11:48 am

papafarang wrote:
December 18, 2021, 10:24 am
Have you not been reading about re infections ? the reason we spend our lives catching colds and flu is because natural immunity wanes and you become susceptible again , not enough data yet to figure out how long but scientists say it could be as little as 3 months or could be up to 5 years, but that can't be proved for another 5 years. . what on earth makes YOU think phizer is better than moderna ? i certainly don't
I thought we caught colds and flu because every year it varie's, a bit like covid, they try and predict the variant with the next years new flu shot, our natural immune system seems to work a hell of a lot better than these untested vaccines that they say ease's symptoms only, not prevention. I dont believe I said phizer is better than moderna, I think i said my natural immune system is, especially boosted with basic vitamins. Maybe you should research mRNA vaccines by experts not paid government employee's.....

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 18, 2021, 12:00 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 18, 2021, 11:44 am

PureBloods are not mutants.

Oh dear ........ seems WBU is now looking to Harry Potter and TikTok for his next chapter. :D

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 18, 2021, 12:06 pm

fatbob wrote:
December 18, 2021, 11:48 am
our natural immune system seems to work a hell of a lot better than these untested vaccines that they say ease's symptoms only, not prevention. I dont believe I said phizer is better than moderna, I think i said my natural immune system is, especially boosted with basic vitamins. Maybe you should research mRNA vaccines by experts not paid government employee's.....
Yes, and the fact that these vaccines did not go through rigorous testing (and data hidden from the public) means that the definition of vaccine has to be changed because they do not meet the standards of a vaccine.

Natural immunity is best. No doubt about it.

DuiDui49
udonmap.com

Post by DuiDui49 » December 18, 2021, 1:01 pm

Declan MacPherson wrote:
December 18, 2021, 12:06 pm
fatbob wrote:
December 18, 2021, 11:48 am
our natural immune system seems to work a hell of a lot better than these untested vaccines that they say ease's symptoms only, not prevention. I dont believe I said phizer is better than moderna, I think i said my natural immune system is, especially boosted with basic vitamins. Maybe you should research mRNA vaccines by experts not paid government employee's.....
Yes, and the fact that these vaccines did not go through rigorous testing (and data hidden from the public) means that the definition of vaccine has to be changed because they do not meet the standards of a vaccine.

Natural immunity is best. No doubt about it.
https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articl ... d-immunity

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 18, 2021, 1:19 pm

The CDC???? Another government propaganda arm.
Researchers from CDC’s VISION network gathered data from 187 hospitals across nine states. These were New York, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Utah, California, Oregon, Washington, Indiana, and Colorado.
Tell me about these states. LOL With the exception of Utah and Indiana, they are up to their eyeballs in CDC, WHO, FDA baloney. Hospitals have been lying about covid deaths from the very beginning of this pandemic.

If you want to trust this study, be my guest. I pass.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » December 18, 2021, 1:32 pm

papafarang wrote:
December 18, 2021, 8:29 am
jai yen yen wrote:
December 18, 2021, 12:44 am
glalt wrote:
December 17, 2021, 9:43 am
I live in the boonies of Loei province. I was not vaccinated because there was no vaccine available. Our little village was Covid free for a long time, BUT, somehow my wife and I both got infected. Who is to say whether I would have been infected if I had been vaccinated? As it is, that virus is certainly no fun. Due to the meds I received while in the hospital quarantine, the doctor says I must wait for three months before getting vaccinated. After being released from the hospital, my sense of taste and smell is still not 100 percent or even 50 percent. It comes and goes. I am still weak and clumsy more than two and a half months after being released. My wife also complains of being tired all the time but she Is Covid to blame? Maybe it is just my old age? I am feeling much better but will get vaccinated as soon as the three months is up. Are the vaccines safe? I don't know, but I will take my chances because I don't want to have to go through being that sick again. The numbers may be being manipulated but the general consensus and numbers show that vaccines do work.

I'll add that I am old enough to have seen friends being crippled with polio. That and other childhood diseases are now gone because of the scientists.
Some say that you will have natural antibodies after having Covid and possibly better than the vaccines provide.
those antibodies will disappear when they do you will be able to catch covid again. i wonder what the effect of catching covid multiple times might have ,apart from every time you catch it you risk dying
Probably true but the vaccine police here in Canada are now saying we are needing boosters 3 months after our last shot as they don't last either. They are also saying the vaccines will not prevent you from getting the new fashionable Omicron variant but they are hoping the symptoms will be milder. As of right now they don't really know.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » December 18, 2021, 3:53 pm

This thread is rife with information that while true is badly flawed in that it only presents limited facts, along with completely wrong claims.

1) infection with COVID provides better protection than vaccination; is correct, how much better is not completely clear

2) vaccination or infection doesn’t prevent infection with COVID; also correct but badly limited information.
vaccination and infection while not preventing all infection with COVID vastly or moderately reduces your chances of being infected with COVID.
vaccination and infection Hugely reduces your chances of being hospitalised with COVID
For those hospitalised vaccination and infection enormously reduces the requirements for supplemental oxygen.
For those hospitalised and requiring oxygen vaccination and infection enormously reduces the need for ICU care and death.

3) a course of a vaccination (Pfizer/Moderna/AZ) requires the same vaccination as a booster; wrong most/all vaccines can be used to boost all other vaccines.

4) only a booster increases your immunity; wrong, vaccination followed by infection with COVID gives similar to greater protection. Equally infection followed by vaccination gives good to very good protection.

5) the danger of COVID infection is the same if you have been vaccinated or not; totally wrong, see No.2

6) each subsequent catching of COVID is as dangerous as the first; again completely wrong, 2nd 3rd 4th infections (as long as the period between infection is not years) gets less and less dangerous
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » December 18, 2021, 4:42 pm

I have always maintained that so often people flood sites with MIS-Information and those who are not Computer literate enough to discern the real from the fake get confused.
To many people think they are the Spokesperson on this problem and although it is good to hear some of the viewpoints however many of the arguments written are akin to children squabbling in a playground

I do agree that so often minimal information is put out by Governments, the current Thai one is not good at it, bet generally trawling through the UK Covid Information I get a far better handle on things as opposed top American news outlets which sway from one thing to another li9ke a breeze, bending with whichever Political p[arty is spouting nonsense.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » December 19, 2021, 6:25 am

The US still does science really well KP (as does Blighty). I have found American publications such as The Washington Post really good for Covid information. And American experts such as Fauci :wave: are a treasure too.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 19, 2021, 6:37 am

Unfortunately, the ability of politicians to "infect" the scientific covid narrative knows no bounds. The latest "contagion" has now surfaced in the UK to which a beleaguered PM has desperately attached his political life line.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » December 20, 2021, 8:25 am

The good ole CDC. :lol: :lol: :lol:

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/bl ... ine-rates/
Reports Surface of CDC Overcounting U.S. Vaccine Rates
This is likely not surprising to many Americans; however, Bloomberg {LINK} and now Axios {LINK} are reporting that official U.S. CDC vaccination rates are considerably overstated.

The issue stems from exceptionally high previous vaccination rates reported by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) that remained static despite the same CDC reporting that vaccines continued.

Common sense would ask: if vaccination rates were long-ago in the 99% range for age-groups the CDC reported, then how could the CDC continue assigning hundreds of thousands of new vaccinations into the group? Thus, downward revisions are now being made to reconcile the issue.

Anecdotally, this would align with several tangential datapoints which have always seemed to be in conflict with the preferred government narrative. Additionally, there’s also an obvious motive on behalf of the government to overinflate vaccination in order to generate peer pressure and the self-fulfilling prophecy needed to garner vaccine acceptance.
Yes, the CDC is competent and trustworthy. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Add the FDA, the NIH and the WHO into that mix of incompetence and flip-flopping lies.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 20, 2021, 8:46 am

Bloomberg and Axios just 2 more "leftist rags".

But funny how they become credible sources when it suits the immediate narrative.

EDIT: Inserted quotations to clarify this a direct quote from a different member.
Last edited by jackspratt on December 20, 2021, 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 20, 2021, 9:07 am

I thought Bloomberg was a trustworthy and reliable news source. What happened? I've never heard of Axios.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”