Moderna v Pfizer

rick
udonmap.com

Re: Moderna v Pfizer

Post by rick » October 7, 2021, 10:21 pm

FWIW, Moderna has been unavailable in the UK for months already but when various government entities and private hospitals can't agree with the manufacturer on delivery, isn't it any wonder that Thailand stays on the UK's red list?
Got Moderna in the UK last week. Was available in my local Pharmacy, or Pfizer.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2021, 2:45 am

rick wrote:
October 7, 2021, 10:21 pm
FWIW, Moderna has been unavailable in the UK for months already but when various government entities and private hospitals can't agree with the manufacturer on delivery, isn't it any wonder that Thailand stays on the UK's red list?
Got Moderna in the UK last week. Was available in my local Pharmacy, or Pfizer.
Pharmacy?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2021, 2:48 am

Denmark has suspended the rollout of Moderna for teenagers, following the lead taken by Sweden. Looks like they now recommend Pfizer for the youngsters.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » October 8, 2021, 3:14 am

rick wrote:
October 7, 2021, 10:21 pm
Got Moderna in the UK last week.
My search on the NHS's website for over the past couple of months showed Moderna was was for 2nd jab only or not available. It's still not available in most of the northwest.
accrington.jpg
Was available in my local Pharmacy, or Pfizer.
Pharmacy? Are you in Wokingham?
wokingham.jpg
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 8, 2021, 11:05 am

You don't have to be a doctor or an expert to look at your odds. I'm not a gambler, BUT, the facts show that being vaccinated works for MOST people. If you refuse to be vaccinated, you are betting against the odds. People who think that they are bullet proof may get a really serious nasty surprise. I was anxious to get vaccinated but vaccines out here in the boonies were just not available. I happen to know first hand that Covid IS serious. At 76 years old, that puts me in the high risk group. I lived through it, but trust me, it was no fun. I still cannot get vaccinated because of the meds I received while in the hospital. The doctor says my wife and I must wait for 90 days before getting vaccinated.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 8, 2021, 11:39 am

glalt wrote:
October 8, 2021, 11:05 am
I happen to know first hand that Covid IS serious. At 76 years old, that puts me in the high risk group. I lived through it, but trust me, it was no fun. I still cannot get vaccinated because of the meds I received while in the hospital. The doctor says my wife and I must wait for 90 days before getting vaccinated.
FWIW the delay before vaccination is not a risk is not due to any medication you received. It is solely due to having caught the disease, all medication will have cleared your system within a week or at a maximum 14 days.

The 90 day delay applies to anyone who has caught it, hospitalised, medicated or not. It is an abundance of caution as many people have been vaccinated within much shorter times of being infected.

You do have one consultation, that is that once vaccinated your level of protection will be significantly better than anyone who has only been vaccinated.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » October 8, 2021, 11:45 am

Too much caution? Maybe, but since I was hospitalized, the doctor has to approve a vaccination. That leaves me no choice but to trust the doctor.

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 8, 2021, 11:59 am

glalt wrote:
October 8, 2021, 11:45 am
Too much caution? Maybe, but since I was hospitalized, the doctor has to approve a vaccination. That leaves me no choice but to trust the doctor.
An abundance of caution is not equal to too much caution.

As you both have survived your chances of catching covid19 are low and if you do have that extreme bad luck, severe symptoms are even more unlikely.

The other point is that the 90 day delay will give you an even greater resistance than an earlier vaccination would. So your trust in your doctor is completely justified.

Another reason for delay is that more data is becoming available and that this points to the significant benefits of longer intervals between vaccination and infection and vaccination doses

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 8, 2021, 3:45 pm

people recovered from covid without vaccine will have a better natural immunity as people who did get 2 or 3 shots , they will also be vulnerable of getting covid again , same as the vaccinated will be , but the natural immunity build up from before will protect you .... ;)

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 8, 2021, 7:25 pm

kopkei wrote:
October 8, 2021, 3:45 pm
people recovered from covid without vaccine will have a better natural immunity as people who did get 2 or 3 shots ,
Please provide data to back up your claim. Without data the claim is valueless.

jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Post by jai yen yen » October 8, 2021, 11:07 pm

kopkei wrote:
people recovered from covid without vaccine will have a better natural immunity as people who did get 2 or 3 shots , they will also be vulnerable of getting covid again , same as the vaccinated will be , but the natural immunity build up from before will protect you .... ;)
Maybe but it has not been proven yet and as well natural immunity after getting covid may be good if you don't die from the virus first.

Kenr6583
udonmap.com

Post by Kenr6583 » October 9, 2021, 4:12 am

kopkei wrote:
Sorry, but that's not even close to being true.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 9, 2021, 6:53 am

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/stud ... han-pfizer
and the media is posting so many contradictory information , it is difficult to follow , as they want to shut down all news about what they call anti vaxxers is a solution for having one truth ? , i am not pro or contra any vaccine that will not effect your health when doing his job fully , but they still do not exist...despite all the media brainwash ...as in my situation , not having to travel, not being in the risk group (obese, diabetic....) and with the few covid cases in udon ,i will wait for my preference (for the moment ) what is novavax , later also available in thailand , and this all depending the evolution of covid 19 this year ...when i will survive covid without any experimental use of vaccine ,the better, that is an individual choice and should stay a choice not an obligation ....stay safe all .. ;)

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 9, 2021, 8:20 am

kopkei wrote:
Absolutely correct. Natural immunity is stronger than any of these vaccines. That's why the vaxxed now need booster after booster.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 9, 2021, 8:22 am

kopkei wrote:
October 9, 2021, 6:53 am
and the media is posting so many contradictory information , it is difficult to follow , as they want to shut down all news about what they call anti vaxxers is a solution for having one truth ? , i am not pro or contra any vaccine that will not effect your health when doing his job fully , but they still do not exist...despite all the media brainwash ...as in my situation , not having to travel, not being in the risk group (obese, diabetic....) and with the few covid cases in udon ,i will wait for my preference (for the moment ) what is novavax , later also available in thailand , and this all depending the evolution of covid 19 this year ...when i will survive covid without any experimental use of vaccine ,the better, that is an individual choice and should stay a choice not an obligation ....stay safe all .. ;)
Agree.

The contradictory information is originating in the WHO, CDC, Fauci, UN, FDA and all of the other "experts." They are practicing the political propaganda of scientism. It's not science.
"Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil." - Ephesians 6:11

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 9, 2021, 8:48 am

kopkei wrote:
So much misinformation or inaccurate information in a single post.
The media are a terrible place to get accurate information, it is always an interpretation. The only real use is to find the source that has been used and go to it.
If the source is a peer reviewed paper it is likely to be useful.
If the source is a preprint then be careful as it may not be accurate.
Udon doesn’t have just a few cases. It may have a limited number of proven positive cases, there are many that have not been tested as there is no widespread testing of non symptomatic individuals. And that doesn’t even cover those who are symptomatic but selfishly don’t get tested. There are quite a few who are boasting of that.

One point that is correct, but very badly presented, is that there is no vaccine that is guaranteed to have no effect on every individual’s health. This is equally true for all vaccines for all diseases, it is not any different for all of the COVID 19 vaccines. However the point that you conveniently forgot to mention (of course maybe you don’t know) is that the risks of all vaccines are tiny, well known and easily managed compared to the vastly greater risks of infection without vaccination.

Also please note that you are in a risk group, that of the unvaccinated. That there are higher risk groups doesn’t change the fact that you are at risk of complications when you catch Covid19, death is one of the complications but you may feel that it isn’t the greatest if you get one of the varieties of long covid.

You are welcome to make your own choice, but please understand the totality of that choice.
Last edited by sometimewoodworker on October 9, 2021, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Declan MacPherson
udonmap.com

Post by Declan MacPherson » October 9, 2021, 9:00 am

kopkei wrote:
...when i will survive covid without any experimental use of vaccine ,the better, that is an individual choice and should stay a choice not an obligation ....
That is the crux of it all. It is an individual choice. Do what is best for you.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » October 9, 2021, 9:05 am

Yes it is an individuals choice
So is being banned from shopping or eating were the owners are worried about being shut down
Yes I believe if you have had covid your immune system is better than a vacced one
but the risks are higher in not being vacced

Mjkt
udonmap.com

Post by Mjkt » October 9, 2021, 12:28 pm

I've just stapled my MOPH hospital vaccine cert in English into an old Yellow Vaccine Cert book I was given years ago for Yellow Fever travel passages.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » October 13, 2021, 4:26 pm

For Tamada: Yes, a Pharmacy. It was being used as a vaccination centre, and was only 300 metres from where i was living (Epsom) My second Moderna dose was meant to be in Kingston, but no point in bussinf to there for it when i could walk. They did say Moderna was only for second vaccinations or as a booster.

Better immunity from an infection rather than a vaccine? Lots of people in UK have had Covid more than once. A friend of my son has had it 3 times - once last year, and again in July AND late September. The last time he held a birthday party at his house, and 3 days later all 3 people who lived there had symptoms and were Covid positive.

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”