all about booster shot in UTH

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Re: all about booster shot in UTH

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 15, 2022, 1:46 pm

Done and dusted, just had my Pfizer Booster at our local Govt. clinic (300 meters down the road). Apparently my MOPH data base will not be updated until Monday after the paperwork has been passed onto the Ban Dung Hospital for processing. Easy.

Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 18, 2022, 3:07 pm

Question for @parrot or anyone else who has had their booster:-
Did your MOPH Certification app change the way you login?
In the past I could just enter my 6 digit pin via their key pad (the one where the fingerprint option does not work) and I was in but now I have to go through entering my 600000xxx ID then the pin via my phone key pad.
OK, my 3rd shot is recorded in there and I have received a hard copy via our clinic but the new login is annoying if one has to show their status in a hurry.

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 18, 2022, 3:43 pm

BD, on my smartphone, I click on the MOPH icon and it auto takes me to my vaccination record, which shows all 3 shots.
Alternatively, I can click on the QR code at the top right corner of the vaccination certificate (which you receive after each shot). That also auto takes me to my personal MOPH record.
I mentioned after my 3rd shot that I'm not going to bother updating my yellow book. As far as I can see, the MOPH record has all I need in the event of travel or proof of vaccination........unless someone can provide other info

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2022, 2:49 pm

Does anyone have recent experience with the walk-in for boosters at the Uni?

Is it still happening, and are they offering alternative vaccines?

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 24, 2022, 2:53 pm

Jack, why don't you keep in contact with the Ban Dung Hospital. They are doing Pfizer boosters on a regular basis. Have no idea about Moderna - unless you want AZ???

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 24, 2022, 3:08 pm

jackspratt wrote:
January 24, 2022, 2:49 pm
Does anyone have recent experience with the walk-in for boosters at the Uni?

Is it still happening, and are they offering alternative vaccines?
I walked in to the Uni on 13 Jan to inquire, as I had heard of two Americans who were recently boosted there. The girl pretty much said, 'Step right up." I decided to come back the next morning....walked in, registered, shot, and out in 20 minutes. Pfizer

samuel
udonmap.com

Post by samuel » January 24, 2022, 3:36 pm

parrot wrote:
January 24, 2022, 3:08 pm
I walked in to the Uni on 13 Jan to inquire, as I had heard of two Americans who were recently boosted there. The girl pretty much said, 'Step right up." I decided to come back the next morning....walked in, registered, shot, and out in 20 minutes. Pfizer
just to be 100% clear - your 1st and 2nd shot was pfizer and you got the 3rd shot (booster) by pfizer as well?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2022, 3:37 pm

Dero - I have. Went there today for the 3rd time in the last week, and the vacc centre was closed again. Tried to get some sense from the reception desk, but walked away thinking it would be easier to go to Udon - particularly as I need to pick up a new box of Allopurinol.

parrott - I will try my luck tomorrow. From a bit of reading I have done, it seems a Moderna booster is slightly more efficacious than Pfizer as a booster. If they only offer Pfizer, I will get that.

Another question - is the Mor Prom app automatically updated after the booster? EDIT - I can see that is answered above,

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » January 24, 2022, 4:17 pm

Yes, I (and the other Americans I've known to get 3) all have had pfizerx3. Immediately after my shot, I sat at a nearby table where a nurse called up my vac info (from my QR code on my phone), entered the new vac info, and I was finished.
I've decided that the Mor Prom app has all the necessary info I need.......no need for the vac passport.....unless someone can convince me otherwise.

mak
udonmap.com

Post by mak » January 24, 2022, 5:21 pm

When I went a few weeks ago the nurse mentioned they were giving 4th shots. I did not inquire further. Maybe it's for people who had Sinovac or Sinopharm. My sister-in-law, who is a nurse at Udon Hospital, has had 4 shots. Her 1st was Sinovac back in April.

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » January 24, 2022, 5:39 pm

my sister in law did get her booster from pfizer , after 1 sino and 1 astra , so real mixed vaccine and she is getting skin (rash ) problems , the somtam shop lady went for her second moderna and was out and closed for a week due to muscle pains , must be very healthy all these vaccines ... :roll:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2022, 7:45 pm

^ Oh! .... were their problems caused by the vaccines?

4 different ones at that.

I'm going for my booster tomorrow - based on your evidence, should I postpone it for a week or two?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 25, 2022, 4:29 pm

Should have listened to myself.

Rocked up to the Uni at about 11am. only to be greeted by a blue uniformed lady staff member. "Pfizer, mei mee" and "hopefully tomorrow, but Thursday to be sure".

Could have had AZ, but declined.

Fifth time lucky - I'll try again at BD hospital, after calling ahead to confirm this time.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 25, 2022, 7:55 pm

Hopefully the trip was not completely wasted and the shopping in C2MU was a calming experience. 55555

mackat
udonmap.com

Post by mackat » February 3, 2022, 8:54 am

I have already had two shots of Pfizer at Rajhabhat University in Udon.The second shot was done on October 28th 2021. Is the University innoculation centre still open for walk ins?

I am in Udon next Monday and Tuesday and would like to get the third shot there too

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 3, 2022, 9:00 am

I thought Thailand was stuck on the 6-month time lapse between last (second) shot and the booster but recent posts suggest otherwise. I thought the only way to get a booster any earlier was buying a Moderna shot from a private hospital. Maybe their policy is changing week by week.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 3, 2022, 9:42 am

mackat wrote:
February 3, 2022, 8:54 am
I have already had two shots of Pfizer at Rajhabhat University in Udon.The second shot was done on October 28th 2021. Is the University innoculation centre still open for walk ins?

I am in Udon next Monday and Tuesday and would like to get the third shot there too
This vaccining centre is open for walk ins
but the last few days they have been only doing kids 12 and under
Took 2 kids yesterday and asked about a booster for me they said come back on Friday

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » February 4, 2022, 2:51 pm

My wife went for her booster today......10AM.....checked in, waiting for about 10 minutes before going upstairs for her Pfizer shot. Waited after the shot for 30min before proceeding to a very short line to get her vaccine certificate. Hats off to the MOPH staff!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » February 4, 2022, 3:45 pm

noosard wrote:
February 3, 2022, 9:42 am
mackat wrote:
February 3, 2022, 8:54 am

This vaccining centre is open for walk ins
but the last few days they have been only doing kids 12 and under
Took 2 kids yesterday and asked about a booster for me they said come back on Friday
I went in about 5 weeks ago and was told that I had to wait 6 months for booster after 2nd Pfizer jab. Now due mid March for me
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » February 4, 2022, 5:12 pm

Was there today at 7.45
very quick as number7
number 2 to do paperwork which they got wrong again but only I am a year younger now
Both AZ and pfizer avaliable

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”