RAT (Rapid Antigen) Testing - Where?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

RAT (Rapid Antigen) Testing - Where?

Post by jackspratt » February 21, 2022, 5:26 pm

I feel this topic requires a new thread, as whatever information is to be found, it exists across a number of threads.

RAT tests are becoming more accepted for travel to other countries (in place of PCR), but the test window seems to be much shorter ie within 24 hours of international departure (RAT) compared to 72 hours (PCR).

The RAT tests are also far cheaper.

Assuming that intending travellers are flying from Udon to Bangkok to connect with their outbound international flight, they will be on a tight schedule if they want to get tested, and certified, in Udon. This is even more so if they need to travel from an outlying town to do the test.

So, to my question - who is doing RAT tests in Udon, and how quickly is the result available? If known, the price would also be handy to know.

Of course, there is always the option to get tested in Bangkok, including as I understand it, at the airport. Any further details on this would also be welcomed eg https://www.occicare.com/suvarnabhumi/? ... gI1iPD_BwE (in Thai, but Translate seems to work OK).

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Re: RAT (Rapid Antigen) Testing - Where?

Post by jackspratt » February 22, 2022, 4:41 pm

Seems can be done (ATK/RAT) at Swampy, for THB550. Result within 1 hour.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Samit ... 00.7518314

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » February 23, 2022, 10:03 am

I'm in BKK now en route for (hopefully) a short trip to the UK.

My airline needed PCR test and I used Dr Donna at Medconsult. Cost was THB 1500 which compares favourably with other places. I got into Suvarnabhumi at 10AM from KK, went for the test at 12.30 and had the results at 11PM. Very efficient.

Other tests are available

https://www.medconsultasia.com/covidtesting/

Many clinics in central BKK advertising tests as you walk around the Sukhumvit area.

ATK test kits are freely available at many bars.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 23, 2022, 11:48 am

^^There is some uncertainty as to whether the ATK test offered at the airport (see my post above) is the same as a RAT test - as required for Australia (amongst others).

I found out this morning, from a guy who is travelling tomorrow with his family to Oz, that Bangkok Hospital in Udon is doing walk-in RAT (and other) tests, with a 2 hour result for the RAT. Cost is THB590, and includes a proper medical certificate with the test result.

mr passout
udonmap.com

Post by mr passout » February 23, 2022, 12:25 pm

Hi Jack,
Do you know if the medical certificate from Bangkok hospital is in English.
I Suppose Thai airways would except a Thai language one too i hope.
Australian government prefers it to be in English that's all.
Hopefully things will become easier as time goes on for both Entering and departing Thailand and OZ respectively
Still stuck here in Perth hopefully mid year sounds good.
Cheers.
https://www.health.gov.au/health-alerts ... el/inbound

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » February 23, 2022, 4:19 pm

had a freind head back to the STates in late January. Got the ATK test and fit to fly cerrificate from BKK Hospital.. I'd call to get their current price. Don't know about Oz but the U.S. only requires the ATK test no more than one day prior to your international departure. I've had two friends in the last couple of months go out with the ATK test and fit to fly certificate.
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 23, 2022, 7:49 pm

mr passout wrote:
February 23, 2022, 12:25 pm
Hi Jack,
Do you know if the medical certificate from Bangkok hospital is in English.
I asked my friend who went for RAT tests with his family today at Bangkok Hospital in Udon to get back to me if the paperwork was not in English. He did not, so I am assuming, based on that and common sense, that it is in English.

As to the wider question, see below for my response to FDK.
Last edited by jackspratt on February 23, 2022, 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » February 23, 2022, 7:55 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
February 23, 2022, 4:19 pm
had a freind head back to the STates in late January. Got the ATK test and fit to fly cerrificate from BKK Hospital.. I'd call to get their current price. Don't know about Oz but the U.S. only requires the ATK test no more than one day prior to your international departure. I've had two friends in the last couple of months go out with the ATK test and fit to fly certificate.
It seems that the RAT/ATK test are one and the same for travel purposes (depending on the paperwork that is issued), but I have not read anything yet to confirm this.

I have couple of weeks before I head back to Oz, so will follow up this point, as it is far more convenient for me to get the test done at Swampy. There is a price difference of 40 Baht between Udon and Bangkok, which is neither here nor there.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » February 24, 2022, 8:57 am

samster wrote:
February 23, 2022, 10:03 am
I'm in BKK now en route for (hopefully) a short trip to the UK.

My airline needed PCR test and I used Dr Donna at Medconsult. Cost was THB 1500 which compares favourably with other places. I got into Suvarnabhumi at 10AM from KK, went for the test at 12.30 and had the results at 11PM. Very efficient.

Other tests are available

Many clinics in central BKK advertising tests as you walk around the Sukhumvit area.

ATK test kits are freely available at many bars.

I see that Boots in the UK are going to be charging six quid for a single DIY RTK test kit so maybe pack a few Thai 100 baht ones with you and self-test during your short stay, just in case that BA.2 variant is nipping your heels?

Of course those over-the-counter test kits aren't (weren't) approved for travel and I haven't checked what's being charged for pre-departure RTK's from the UK yet. Randox had a decent drive-through PCR test set up in a parking lot at MAN that was my backup plan. Pretty sure they will have something equally slick and efficient to keep up with the changes.

Have a safe trip.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

samster
udonmap.com

Post by samster » February 25, 2022, 12:59 am

tamada wrote:
February 24, 2022, 8:57 am

Of course those over-the-counter test kits aren't (weren't) approved for travel and I haven't checked what's being charged for pre-departure RTK's from the UK yet. Randox had a decent drive-through PCR test set up in a parking lot at MAN that was my backup plan. Pretty sure they will have something equally slick and efficient to keep up with the changes.
I used the Manc airport Randox test when I came out in September. £55 with results within 24 hours. Very efficient. Will probably use again when I return home to LOS next month .... unless rules change again. I investigated several places on the classier side of the Pennines but, it was cheaper to drive over to Manc a couple of days before travel.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 10, 2022, 11:44 am

Some follow-up on this.

I discovered a Medical Lab office over the road from the Ban Dung Hospital today.

They do RAT/ATK tests on a walk in basis for THB350. The receptionist showed me a copy of the Certificate they issue on the computer screen, and it ticks all the boxes - for Oz at least. Turn around time is 30 minutes.

They are also open on Sunday evening, fitting in perfectly with the 24 hour window for my Monday afternoon flight from Swampy.

As I have a 5 hour transit at Swampy, I will check out the testing place I referred to above to confirm whether it is compliant, and update here.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » March 20, 2022, 10:38 am

ATK certificate from Ban Dung was OK for Singapore Airlines check-in at Swampy.

https://www.google.com/maps/@17.6905937 ... 384!8i8192

It's the unit on the left side of this block of 3 - over the road from the hospital.

Upped the cost to THB500 because they needed to change the certificate to all English, and with a couple of added details.

Looked at the Samitivej testing station at Swampy, and their ATK/RAT Lab Certificate also looked compliant. Walk in, with test result taking about 30 minutes if not too busy.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Samit ... 00.7518314

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 15, 2022, 2:28 pm

Bro-in-law up in Nong Khai needs a RAT test before flying to Singapore tomorrow.

Any places in NK that will do it today with results before he flies tomorrow night?

Ta
tam
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

the-monk
udonmap.com

Post by the-monk » April 15, 2022, 2:57 pm

Any place in Udon where they provide RAT test results in English for foreign travel ?
Thanks all.
Stay safe.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 16, 2022, 7:29 am

See 4th post in thread above ^^^^^^^^^^^

Update: Confirm it's still 590 baht. They start testing at 08:30 so if you're first in the test queue, you are done with test results, within an hour.

Despite telling them it was for SQ flights transiting SIN and being given a Thai passport for ID, they asked bro-in-law for his Thai ID card and were going to issue the cert in Thai. This seems to be the default option. It's assumed that most locals getting tested are not traveling internationally but need them for work? Anyway, they apologized for the SNAFU and you don't have to wait for the hard copy and will send the test certificate to your phone or email.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “COVID-19/Corona Virus”