Do you like the new forum?

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.

Do you like the new forum layout?

Excellent, It's a big improvment
38%
Good
33%
Ok, but I prefer the old forum
8%
Not sure yet??
21%
Please move back to the old forum, I'm missing it already
No votes

Total votes: 24

admin
Admin

Do you like the new forum?

Post by admin » July 4, 2005, 5:35 pm

Please let us know what you think of the new forum layout :?:

Regards,

Admin :D

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » July 4, 2005, 10:03 pm

I love it, easy to use, more user friendly, quicker loading database, all in all a fantastic choice :mrgreen:.

One thing though, is there any chance you could increase the avatar size limit by a couple of kb's so I can keep my animated av up and running??

No problems if you think I'm being greedy, I'll just go find somewhere to get it hosted :wink:

PopsIcafe
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by PopsIcafe » July 4, 2005, 10:27 pm

It's looking pretty good but I'll have to roam around the forum here for a bit and see the difference, and by the way, can I get my pirate smiley back please.......hmmmmm? :twisted

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 5, 2005, 10:17 am

Hi BB & Pops, thanks for the replies.

We will be increasing the avatar sizes soon and we'll dig out the pirate smiley for you pops.

All the best,

Admin

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 6, 2005, 5:05 pm

Although I like the new forum and all the developments that have taken place on the site today I woke up logged on and found one that I don

farang
udonmap.com

Post by farang » July 6, 2005, 5:31 pm

i like the drop down menus ,less to read lol (lazy things for lazy minds lol) :lol:
www.udonmap.com

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 6, 2005, 5:36 pm

Hi Jim, Thanks for airing your views. It's nice to hear what are members think about the changes that are taking place.

We have choosen the drop down menu option to make navigation more simple and faster. The drop down option allows us to display more options on one page, i.e. if you what to look for the latest houses in our classified section you would choose Udon Thani > Classifieds > Real Estate instead of navigating through the pages manually.

Have a great day,

Admin :D

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » July 6, 2005, 8:04 pm

Well, Admin, since you're asking......
Can I change my vote from "not sure yet" to "OK, but I like the old forum better"? :D I just feel that the old forum was more user-friendly and lively for the computer semi-literates out here. From what you're saying, this new forum will be easier for you folks to maintain so, I'm sure, we will all get used to it eventually. More of the old forumites will be registering and pontificating before long.

The drop down menu seems OK to me but then I'm comparing it to my own "Favorites" drop downs. Talk about a nightmare! I have a folder titled "Thailand" that stretches from top of screen to bottom. Guess I need some more folders, eh?

Now, can I have my "owl" avatar back? I think the rum company may sue us all pretty soon if I don't change from their bat logo. I don't think the "owl"folks will mind. :roll:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

new

Post by Dakoda » July 6, 2005, 9:36 pm

Well atleast I didn't need to fake the file type to get it to load, like on the old one. So maybe it will be more Mac friendly :roll: Well I think it loaded :roll: Hmm, I take all of the above back! :cry: Well a little larger now, you can almost tell where taken 8)

Well after looking around the new site, I think you people have done a great job! 8) Like what you did for the sponser page, very helpful.
Last edited by Dakoda on July 23, 2005, 9:55 am, edited 2 times in total.

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » July 7, 2005, 4:17 am

Awriiiight ! Got me night owl back. No relation to a hawk but what the hell....

The Bacardi folks were getting antsy about me using their bat logo but didn't surprise me a bite. When we visited the Bacardi rum factory in San Juan P.R. last year I thought I found a home at last but they made me go home. Got searched at the airport, too. Even took away a bottle of 150 proof! :twisted:

Got off the topic but point is keep adjusting your pixels, folks. Make 'em fit. LOL. :wink:

----------------------------

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 7, 2005, 12:31 pm

I liked the quick reply box on the old forum and as for the drop down menus, well mine dont seem to be working properly anyway. I have a lot of red X's where I guess there should be a logo or picture or something and the first couple of letters in each wording is missing (covered up?)

I guess we will get used to this new style and then wonder why we ever liked the old one ?

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 7, 2005, 2:27 pm

Yes I liked the quick reply box too, I'm not sure if this forum offers that option but I'm sure there's a hack out there somewhere?

Paul, where do you get the red X's, is it within this forum or another part of the website.

I'll let the web guy know when I find out.

Thanks,

Admin

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Post by JimboPSM » July 7, 2005, 2:45 pm

Red "x" seems to have been fixed now :D

I had the Red "x" on my machine as well but due to my previous posts on drop down menus I reckoned the menus were having a go at me Image

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 7, 2005, 4:14 pm

Sorry - yes I should have been more specific. It was on the drop down menus - however, like Jimbo my 'red-x' has been fixed and all seems well now - Thanks :)

Kari69

Post by Kari69 » July 7, 2005, 6:15 pm

admin wrote: Admin
The avatar of Admin, is it your own face.
If so you are beautifull.

I would like to see the red colour avatar to be replaced with a new one with natural colours to see better your beauty.

Thanks beforehand

Kari

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 7, 2005, 7:01 pm

on the subject of aviators, what happen to that blondie you had, not that the gentleman pictured now isn't a handsome fellow, but the other one was easier on my eyes. and have to agree, admin is a cutie also. married? :lol:

admin
Admin

Post by admin » July 8, 2005, 8:49 am

Kari, Yes that's me, but I don't want to change my pic because I'll probably become famous around Udon and everyone will want my autograph LOL LOL :lol:

Anyway thanks Kari & laphanphon for the compliments.

Have a nice day,

Admin

P.S. It's good to see that 64% of our members like the new forum

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » July 8, 2005, 1:02 pm

Not only autographs but some of the old timers in here would probably be chasing you all over town with saamlaaws, canes and wheelchairs, Admin. :wink: We probably could control ourselves if you decide to colorize it, however.

polehawk

P.S. My "OK, but prefer the old forum" could be counted in the like column since I do happen to like them both. That makes it 71% FOR and 28% NAY. Where did the other 1% go? :?: I worry about these things, ya know.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » July 8, 2005, 2:00 pm

yea, i wouldn't clear that picture up to much, i understand farang and myself are on the prowl for some new female companionship. myself, as of yester day, and no, she didn't mention the 'm' word, lol.

and i can hobble pretty good.

w/o the cane.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » July 8, 2005, 3:25 pm

I thought you were going to hang on to this one LA !

Was it the singing that put her off ? 8)

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”