How to forum

Discussions about the website, map, magazine and magazine articles.
Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

How to forum

Post by Thai_1_On » April 8, 2008, 1:18 pm

Hi Lee I just though of this as a possible new forum for Udon Map forums, the How to Forum.

A month or so back I made a post on how to get a Thai drivers license and I just posted asking about making a border run to Laos. Thanks to Bob Helm he answered my question.

My point is maybe if we have the "How to" forum members can post what they have learned how to do here in Thailand i.e. drivers license, border run, and so on and pass it along to the rest of us :-k

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 8, 2008, 1:39 pm

Thai_1_On.
I think a great idea, but think it would have to be differently structured & moderated than the other parts of the forum.
For example, your obtaining a Thai drivers licence... That should be the topic & there should be only one thread in it - explaining the process, with none of the banter threads that accompany most posts. If someone spots a flaw (as in my post :oops: wrong USD costs) or a change (this is Thailand & nothing seems static for long :D ) then they can post their 'flaw', 'objection', 'better way of doing it'. This could be followed by a bit of discussion until a consensus as to how to modify the How to Process. All the discussion threads could then be deleted & the 'Process' modified.
Any other thoughts????

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » April 8, 2008, 3:48 pm

I agree, a good idea. I'd be happy to set it up. :D

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » April 8, 2008, 10:02 pm

Great idea, I asked for the post about shipping personal effects to Thailand to be pinned.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » April 8, 2008, 11:05 pm

Prenders88 wrote:Great idea, I asked for the post about shipping personal effects to Thailand to be pinned.
I pinned it yesterday Prenders :)

Nice idea with the How to?!? forum T1O

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » April 9, 2008, 1:18 am

Hey BB I haven't seen you for a while, good to see your still around.

Bob great idea for a "special" format to making posts. I just hope we won't be killing the moderators keeping up with the forum.

I have to thank the members at the night market that set this in to motion. You could hear advise on how to do this and how to do that all evening. The other thing was it seems as we are getting a lot of new members moving here and with a "how to" it could make life here a little easier. As we all know the government won't tell us anything on what the procedures are :?

BangkokButcher
udonmap.com

Post by BangkokButcher » April 9, 2008, 2:54 am

Thai_1_On wrote:Hey BB I haven't seen you for a while, good to see your still around.
Always about me ol' mate, just not a lot of time to post lately :(

Hope you're settling in well :), so far so good by the sounds of things...

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » April 9, 2008, 6:58 am

Top idea in essence.
I am forever asking "how to?", "where is?" etc as opposed to trawling through the respective threads.

Return to “Website, Map & Magazine forum”