Australian federal politics

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » May 13, 2016, 2:44 pm

ronan01 wrote:
Aardvark wrote:Your more excited about this than we are. Personally I feel like I've Voted about 15 times in the last 5 Years. I just want some stability. And I'm sick of them changing the Goal Posts on Superannuation, that's our Money so leave it alone ....
Agreed. Dont mess with Super - was meant to provide a stable mechanism for retirement - that is no longer the case it seems.
Exactly Ronan01,
It is not a coincidence that the a..ewipes in Canberra have pushed my pension age out to 67, thereby forcing me and others to delve in and use up your super, when we had been programmed and planned way back to end the work life at 65.
There is not a stiff backbone amongst the whole lot.
They have certainly ensured the trough is full when they retire.

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » May 13, 2016, 4:17 pm

Barney wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
Aardvark wrote:Your more excited about this than we are. Personally I feel like I've Voted about 15 times in the last 5 Years. I just want some stability. And I'm sick of them changing the Goal Posts on Superannuation, that's our Money so leave it alone ....
Agreed. Dont mess with Super - was meant to provide a stable mechanism for retirement - that is no longer the case it seems.
Exactly Ronan01,
It is not a coincidence that the a..ewipes in Canberra have pushed my pension age out to 67, thereby forcing me and others to delve in and use up your super, when we had been programmed and planned way back to end the work life at 65.
I have to wait till 67 also. But the worst aspect of Super changes is the retrospective aspect. And no, I am not anywhere near the "new" $1.6m limit.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 13, 2016, 5:24 pm

Have to agree with that
And they don't have to wait to get their snouts into it

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 28, 2016, 1:34 pm

This election could go either way?

It's interesting what you guys are saying about retiring at 65. If you're going to live to say 80 to 85, retiring at 65 seems early for many occupations. The Tories in NZ haven't yet raised the age beyond 65 and are trying not to do that.

I thought Lambie had a good week. :D
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » May 28, 2016, 7:40 pm

ronan01 wrote:
Barney wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
Exactly Ronan01,
I have to wait till 67 also. But the worst aspect of Super changes is the retrospective aspect. And no, I am not anywhere near the "new" $1.6m limit.
My Financial Planner, advised me a few years ago ( when I hit 55 ) to roll my super over into an annuity and take the minimum 4% per year off the top. That way the Cvnts cant change the rules on me, they already pushed it out from 50 to 55 and watch this space....

As a former Intensive Care Flight Paramedic, I feel sorry for the working population who have to work those extra 2 years. from 65 to 67 . On the Road as an ambo at 67, no thanks

ronan01
udonmap.com

Post by ronan01 » May 29, 2016, 7:33 am

wazza wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
Barney wrote:
ronan01 wrote:
Exactly Ronan01,
My Financial Planner, advised me a few years ago ( when I hit 55 ) to roll my super over into an annuity and take the minimum 4% per year off the top. That way the Cvnts cant change the rules on me, they already pushed it out from 50 to 55 and watch this space....

As a former Intensive Care Flight Paramedic, I feel sorry for the working population who have to work those extra 2 years. from 65 to 67 . On the Road as an ambo at 67, no thanks
No doubt difficult to be an ambo at 67, and probably more difficult being a labourer at 67.

Super was to be a safe and secure investment for retirement, but after the recent raid it is neither:

"Turnbull talks incessantly about his plan for a strong new economy and “jobs and growth” but that boils down to a company tax cut in 10 years’ time paid for by retrospective superannuation changes now…"

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/subscr ... =anonymous

They have changed the rules now and will do it again - so confidence in the system is shattered.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 1, 2016, 1:00 am

Will the member for Warringah make a come back bid for leadership of the Libs if the chips fall his way? The spin, Credlin, says no. Barnaby says Tony has ambitions ...

I think Credlin should have gone into Parliament herself. Perhaps she will and perhaps she's a future PM.

I read a more detailed analysis from Barrie Cassidy after I queried here whether the election might go either way. He in effect said it's very unlikely Labor will win.

It's been a very dull campaign to date but if we look across the Pacific, dullness might be considered a virtue.

EmilyMiller

Post by EmilyMiller » June 10, 2016, 7:24 pm

I find it amusing that Aussies hate their politicians as much as the US guys hate theirs

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » June 12, 2016, 12:35 pm

For me the only guy who gets these election swings nearly right is the ABCs Anthony Green.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 14, 2016, 3:34 pm

Dumb-arse Victorians might elect a dumb-arse Kiwi to the Senate. Oh dear:

http://www.smh.com.au/federal-politics/ ... pivzi.html

How's Pauline's chances looking? I think she's a born and bred dumb-arse Aussie.

Despite the preceding rhetoric I'd happily concede the that the quality of the Australian parliament is miles ahead of the mongrels in the US congress. It's probably better than NZ's but I think we have proportionately fewer loons. This is only one observer's opinion and I don't claim any special insight.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » June 28, 2016, 5:07 pm

The big day draws near. There's less skin in the game when Abbott isn't on the charge. The Senate looks a bit more interesting.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 3, 2016, 8:22 am

Just my thoughts - oh wow - Malcolm has a bloody nose and his big gamble failed. I think he has a nightmare ahead of him as he will be squeezed between the independents and the Liberal conservatives.

I see Jamie Briggs was sent down the road. Wally. The true blue Aussie from Queensland is back. I think Queenslanders are the wallys on that one. The colourful and entertaining Deputy PM got back. I think the other prominent Aussie political entertainer, Andrew Bolt, is in cloud cuckoo-land longing for Abbott.

Shorten seemed to campaign well although Labor's primary vote was very low. Another election may not be far away. Only slim chances of Turnbull doing a David Cameron? The political instability in Oz continues.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » July 3, 2016, 8:55 am

Pauline looks like she has two seats. Good on her after campaigning tirelessly for the last twenty years =D>

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 3, 2016, 10:47 am

And her political positions?

Here's a link to a real wally who has scored an own goal:

"In Melbourne Ports, a competition was playing out between three parties as election night drew to a close. As of 9.30pm, with three booths and most of the pre-polls left to count, Greens candidate Stephanie Hodgins-May needed 800 votes to pull ahead of Labor’s Michael Danby.

The Greens leader, Richard Di Natale, said that by defying the Labor executive and preferencing the Liberal candidate, Owen Guest, ahead of the Greens, sitting member Danby may help to deliver a Liberal government.

“In Melbourne Ports where it’s a three-way contest, we won’t know the outcome yet,” Di Natale told a room full of supporters at the Forum in Melbourne.

“But let me tell you something. At the moment we’re in a battle with the Labor party. And if we get over the Labor party – it’s currently line-ball – we’re a chance of knocking off the Liberals, who are now currently in a position to win that seat.

“The decisive factor there will be whether Labor’s Michael Danby and his preferences, which are going to the Liberal party, will elect the Liberal member. And let me tell you we’re hearing it’s going to be a very close election and I’ll just say to the people of Melbourne Ports; be careful. Because your member may have delivered government to the Coalition.” "

http://www.canberratimes.com.au/federal ... px4iw.html

In my country when a poll says NZers are feeling better about immigrants I want to high five. Most immigration here is from Asia. We need immigrants as they work really really hard. Sometimes I think we are the only country on the planet with immigrants who work much harder than those born locally.

Lots to digest with the Aussie election. One theme - the voters turn away from the heavyweights.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 3, 2016, 11:05 am

Bolts Statement was very bitter and personal. Im sure The Member for Budgies cleared it first ?

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » July 3, 2016, 11:30 am

The Member for Budgies. \:D/

I see there's a re-elected Senator for Fish and Chips. :D

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » July 3, 2016, 6:22 pm

The Braybrook Bulldogs got up over the Bondi Billionaires and the Tories were totally rejected and are now feasting on the carcass of a discredited and irrelevant government. Will just have to wait now for Howard's children to throw PM Turnbull overboard. Medicare is saved for now and life is beautiful :D :D :D
When too much fun is barely enough \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Watch Me!!

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » July 3, 2016, 8:30 pm

Beware the Ides of July , Night of the Long Knives

I read that Medicare does cover children that are thrown overboard.

GT93
udonmap.com

Re: Australian federal politics

Post by GT93 » November 6, 2017, 1:15 pm

Barnaby a Kiwi and not validly elected in a single election. Oh Buddha did I love that story. What a boofhead.

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Australian federal politics

Post by wazza » November 6, 2017, 1:32 pm

Another lower house lnp member today outed as possible dual citizenship

John Alexander , Game , Set and Match

Return to “Australia”