Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by Whistler » May 17, 2022, 6:59 am

tamada wrote:
May 16, 2022, 4:08 pm
GT93 wrote:
May 16, 2022, 3:07 pm
You gotta be winding us up sport? The CCP owning Aussie states?
They're buying the minerals from underneath the Aussie states. Same same.
A lot of mining, oil and gas companies in the world are global conglomerates. Chinese, Swiss, Dutch, American etc. The fact that Chinese companies are part of the mix is unsurprising. To conflate that with 'owning' states is drawing a very long bow.

Sport, more concessions like allowing them to lease ports has been a strong liberal position. Daniel Andrews with his belt and road foray is the only Labor government that I have seen cosying up to China, thank goodness that got knocked on the head

I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » May 17, 2022, 4:04 pm

They're buying the minerals from underneath the Aussie states. Same same.
[/quote]

A lot of mining, oil and gas companies in the world are global conglomerates. Chinese, Swiss, Dutch, American etc. The fact that Chinese companies are part of the mix is unsurprising. To conflate that with 'owning' states is drawing a very long bow.

Sport, more concessions like allowing them to lease ports has been a strong liberal position. Daniel Andrews with his belt and road foray is the only Labor government that I have seen cosying up to China, thank goodness that got knocked on the head
[/quote]

That long bow Whistles is in the background. When it was revealed comrade dan had signed up for this deal with the ccp, I do not think other states/territories jumped up and down about it. They may have thought it was a good idea or deal, all that cash coming into the country.

And albo has done it again. Through the campaign he has said, 'We have plans, we have plans and more plans'. So he is going to tell us all the plans this Thursday. That will give the coalition no time to argue the points as the campaign finishes for the politicians and media midnight Thursday, talk about a grub of a deceitful little man. Already cast my vote for the coalition, lets see what happens.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 17, 2022, 5:46 pm

The ALP has been releasing its policies (ie plans) since day 1 of the election campaign, Sport.

You've obviously been asleep.

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » May 17, 2022, 7:01 pm

Not been asleep Sprats. Labor has been saying 'We have plans'. Nothing of substance to those plans, they have been wishy washy. And when albo was asked today by reporters re those plans, he said 'Wait till Thursday and you will have all the costings and details'. Yeah right jackass, no time for the coalition to combat them. What a pack of assholes the labor party has been, would not trust with.

Day 1 of labors campaign, what a joke, albo could not answer 2 questions vital for the economy. And people think the labor party is great, in their wildest dreams.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 17, 2022, 7:49 pm

Sport wrote:
May 17, 2022, 7:01 pm
Not been asleep Sprats. Labor has been saying 'We have plans'. Nothing of substance to those plans, they have been wishy washy. And when albo was asked today by reporters re those plans, he said 'Wait till Thursday and you will have all the costings and details'. Yeah right jackass, no time for the coalition to combat them. What a pack of assholes the labor party has been, would not trust with.

Day 1 of labors campaign, what a joke, albo could not answer 2 questions vital for the economy. And people think the labor party is great, in their wildest dreams.
It's all here, Spot .....

https://www.alp.org.au/policies

Detail that even all those dumb conservatives out there should be able to understand. :D

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » May 18, 2022, 1:31 am

There is quite bit of detail in there sport. For example the plan on a stronger Pacific Family. Overall the link does have the smell that someone will be paying more taxes. No doubt you won't like that whiff.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 18, 2022, 6:22 am

good grief . sport & trekkertony aren't even allowed to have rational opinions without getting
shouted down by braying lgtbq mob. aka fringe

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2022, 8:09 am

the_troll_under_the_bridge_in_seattle.jpeg

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 18, 2022, 8:34 am

yes, anyone with alternative view is labeled a troll
we're all too familiar with the labour handbook =;
flaccid fake aussie manuevering
Last edited by pepesgrill on May 18, 2022, 8:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2022, 8:36 am

pepesgrill wrote:
May 18, 2022, 8:34 am
yes, anyone with alternative view is labeled a troll .....
Nope - just you, Cali.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2022, 10:00 am

Sport wrote:
May 17, 2022, 7:01 pm

Sport,

Your bias is so intense, with most of your statements full of invective, not countering policies that have been clearly stated, and have been for some time. The government of the day has a distinct advantage over the opposition, they can submit any policy to Treasury for estimates. So far, if they have done so, they have not released these figures. Of course they would have done so already, but have not released those figures, is that sneaky? There is no obligation for the opposition to submit the costing of their policies to any other body than the voting public who will make the ultimate decision.

As for being sneaky, we only have to look at the last term of this government to see sneaky on steroids. Car park rorts, sports grant rorts, infrastructure grants rorts, all denounced by oversight bodies like the audit departments of the Treasury. The secrecy of the AUKUS treaty, where Morrison failed to be open, as required by the US government to be part of the deal. The betrayal of the French in the submarine debacle, the deliberate delay in rolling out COVID vaccines in Australia. This has been one of the least transparent governments we have seen in recent times and it is all so well documented that it is impossible to refute.

Regardless, in your mind anything Labor puts up is wishy-washy, climate change is a hoax, your entire playbook is at the extreme end of the right-wing agenda. Thank Buddha that viewpoint is unlikely to prevail on Saturday.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » May 18, 2022, 3:54 pm

Mr Whistles, I must congratulate you for finally working out that I am of the far right. We can go on and on talking about the different policies from all of the parties and we will never agree on any of them. Yes 93, labor in and up go the taxes like a rocket, a certainty.

Mr Peps, it will take a lot more from these lefties to rattle my cage. I had been in the danger world for many years, and its water off a ducks back, now retired of course. I did like the photo of Mr Spratts with one eye, he looks kinda cute. Not the monster I thought he was.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2022, 6:59 pm

Sport wrote:
May 18, 2022, 3:54 pm
Mr Whistles, I must congratulate you for finally working out that I am of the far right. We can go on and on talking about the different policies from all of the parties and we will never agree on any of them. Yes 93, labor in and up go the taxes like a rocket, a certainty.

Mr Peps, it will take a lot more from these lefties to rattle my cage. I had been in the danger world for many years, and its water off a ducks back, now retired of course. I did like the photo of Mr Spratts with one eye, he looks kinda cute. Not the monster I thought he was.
Nice one Sport.

I note you failed to address my statement about sneaky government and all the rorts. Then your statement about taxes belies the real figures which shows almost no change under either party in the past 20 years (source https://www.oecd.org/tax/revenue-statis ... tralia.pdf). The Libs could not reduce taxes, it's damned expensive financing all those rorts.

I would suggest you are working on idealogy, not facts on economics or on climate change, I am happy to leave these for the experts to work out, and have the government operate under expert guidance and oversight. That is why we need a better mob in Canberra running the place.

Enjoy being isolated on the far-right, it's getting lonely out there.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 18, 2022, 8:06 pm

Sport wrote:

Mr Peps, it will take a lot more from these lefties to rattle my cage. I had been in the danger world for many years, and its water off a ducks back, now retired of course.
MI5/MI6/SAS/CIA/Navy Seals/ASIS/ASIO alert. :roll:

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 18, 2022, 9:06 pm

jackspratt wrote:
May 18, 2022, 8:06 pm
Sport wrote:

Mr Peps, it will take a lot more from these lefties to rattle my cage. I had been in the danger world for many years, and its water off a ducks back, now retired of course.
MI5/MI6/SAS/CIA/Navy Seals/ASIS/ASIO alert. :roll:
Heralded by the Village People. Macho, Macho Man.

The trouble is being any of the above, hardly qualifies anybody as a political analyst. Point proven, so many of Sport's posts.

Entitled to his views of course, but displaying a distinct lack of ability to articulate anything to support that opinion.

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » May 19, 2022, 4:43 am

yes, it's really quite illuminating. 10-15 minutes of
actual research. and the labour political strategists
/analysts/consultants revealed as scat merchants

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » May 19, 2022, 5:26 am

Morrison or Albanese: Who is really better for the economy?

Conclusion

In the 2022 election, neither party is interested in addressing the fundamental changes needed to lift Australian living standards.

The Coalition is focused on making hay for its base of capital holders and swing seats.

Labor is playing around the edges to soften the downsides of the current economic model for workers without doing the harder reforms that would make them all better off.

The largest difference is in energy policy where Labor holds a clear lead.
https://www.news.com.au/finance/economy ... 789f07f33e

The real truth is pollies feather their own nests and stuff the rest of ya

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » May 19, 2022, 8:52 am

The election results will be in disarray, the AEC have announced that as a result of the impact of COVID, a number (not qualified) of polling places will not be opened.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 19, 2022, 10:26 am

trekkertony wrote:
May 19, 2022, 8:52 am
The election results will be in disarray, the AEC have announced that as a result of the impact of COVID, a number (not qualified) of polling places will not be opened.
Disarray, eh?

Is this the first wave of the "rigged election" flag?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 19, 2022, 12:01 pm

trekkertony wrote:
May 19, 2022, 8:52 am
Disarray? The overstatement of the month goes to TT.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... s-aec-says

A few voting stations being closed will have minimal impact. Votes are not even counted at voting stations, they are all counted at a designated place in each division and none of these are closed.

Just in case the same BS rhetoric is in place from the same type of nutters that we saw in US presidential election 2020, wanting to claim a rigged election, (there will be a few such sad souls). here is a brief explanation of the process and safeguards.

1. At each poll place, sitting candidates have the right to appoint a scrutineer. At the close of the poll, each scrutineer observes all votes placed in a sealed container, each scrutineer then signs the seal.

2. Each container is then sent to the division counting centre, scrutineers have the right to attend the opening of the box, observe the seal is not broken and approve the count to commence. They also have the right to observe the count, review any vote that appears to be in error. After first preferences have been counted, the polling centre manager announces this count. Counting for preferences will continue to take place if any one candidate has not reached 50%.

3. The first informal vote with a dick drawn on the paper is announced by polling staff and a whoop goes up in the station.

Counting typically will cease around midnight if preferences have not been exhausted, then continue again on Sunday morning. The AEC is very professional, to say the voting is in disarray is ridiculous.

Return to “Australia”