Australian Election

noosard
udonmap.com

Australian Election

Post by noosard » April 11, 2022, 11:34 am

Anthony Albanese has told colleagues he “f***ked up” and it “won’t happen again”.

It was agonising, sloppy and by any definition a trainwreck press conference.

And now every galah in the pet shop, as Paul Keating once said, will be asking him ‘gotcha’ questions for the rest of the campaign.

The Labor leader made a swift exit after he was stumped by questions about the Reserve Bank’s cash rate and the unemployment rate.

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by noosard » April 11, 2022, 11:36 am

Prime Minister Scott Morrison made a hasty exit from his first event of the election campaign as protesters in Hawaiian shirts tried to ambush him.

Scott Morrison backs push to ban trans women from female sports

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 11, 2022, 11:38 am

Clive Palmer has sensationally backflipped on claims he would preference the Greens at the upcoming election, insisting it was “fake news”.

The mining magnate just last week told the National Press Club he would be inclined to put the Greens ahead of Labor and the Coalition, citing the mountain of debt brought on by the government.

But just days later, Mr Palmer has lashed out at the media taking a “tongue in cheek remark” out of context.

“The comment has been taken wildly out of context and twisted by some media outlets,” Mr Palmer said in a statement.

“It is nothing more than fake news.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 11, 2022, 12:13 pm

noosard wrote:
April 11, 2022, 11:36 am
Prime Minister Scott Morrison made a hasty exit from his first event of the election campaign as protesters in Hawaiian shirts tried to ambush him.

Scott Morrison backs push to ban trans women from female sports
Hawaiian shirts? Running away from Songkran celebrants? What a wuss.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 11, 2022, 12:48 pm

This is a dig at Scooty's holiday during the bush fires
Had to rush home and single handedly put them out
His fault that covid came and caused a ruckus
His fault now they got learn to swim

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » April 11, 2022, 1:07 pm

noosard wrote:
April 11, 2022, 12:48 pm
This is a dig at Scooty's holiday during the bush fires
Had to rush home and single handedly put them out
His fault that covid came and caused a ruckus
His fault now they got learn to swim
I remember that. And the disastrous photo op that followed where the volunteer firefighters he was visiting refused to speak with him or told him to bugger off? I thought it was all
pretty well orchestrated by a media that didn't like him or his administration much already.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 12, 2022, 10:55 am

There is no fun in targetting Scomo, it is just too easy. Some parallels with US 20/20 Presidential election.

The contender is not hugely popular, but the incumbant is so much on the nose that he loses rather than the contender winning. I have never witnessed party members attacking an incumbant Prime Minister this close to an election, Scomo has a target on his back. The gap in the polls is significant, but the polling in marginal seats even more so. My guess 5 weeks out, is a significant majority for Labor.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 12, 2022, 7:22 pm

I'm afraid I'm not up to spec with this Australian Election malarky. Who should I watch out for? Who are the shady characters? Do you have anyone like BoJo?

Asking for a friend.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » April 12, 2022, 7:45 pm

Earnest, the executive of both major parties are chock full of powerbrokers, would be's, and typically disengenuious. They are opportunists like a school of sharks, eat their own young if they can, ....nom, nom, nom.

Having said that, lets not be too cynical. Good guys on both sides. I rate Albo as a good guy, very smart, the genuine artical, Morrison not a bit so much. I like the rise of the liberal moderates like NSW's Matt Kean.

Left wing and right wing crazies, boot the lot of them from both parties, take the best out of both of their individual books, then create a better country, free from excesses of louts like the CFMEU and the dangerous financial oligarcy.

I remain a moderate and an idealist if that make sense.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » April 12, 2022, 8:47 pm

It does.

As Billy Connelly said, don't vote because you'll only encourage them.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 13, 2022, 12:29 am

I think under the Australian electoral system electors should vote. In NZ, we definitely should in our electoral system.

The Australian Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has some similarities with Boris Johnson. He has had a colourful love life and he's a total boofhead. I crack up whenever he's the Acting Prime Minister. I assume he's going to get re-elected.

One of the best things about Australian politics is sometimes the Prime Minister fails to win to his own electorate and it's good night Charlie for him. Unfortunately I think Morrison is from Queensland :roll: so that's unlikely to happen to him.

Dutton is the Aussie politician I have the least time for. Another damn Queenslander.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 13, 2022, 7:30 am

GT93 wrote:
April 13, 2022, 12:29 am
I think under the Australian electoral system electors should vote. In NZ, we definitely should in our electoral system.

The Australian Deputy Prime Minister Barnaby Joyce has some similarities with Boris Johnson. He has had a colourful love life and he's a total boofhead. I crack up whenever he's the Acting Prime Minister. I assume he's going to get re-elected.

One of the best things about Australian politics is sometimes the Prime Minister fails to win to his own electorate and it's good night Charlie for him. Unfortunately I think Morrison is from Queensland :roll: so that's unlikely to happen to him.

Dutton is the Aussie politician I have the least time for. Another damn Queenslander.
Well you might be happy as Scotty is not from Queensland

GT93
udonmap.com

Post by GT93 » April 13, 2022, 7:40 am

Interesting. To me he kind of comes across as a bit of a Queenslander - a light weight. I wouldn't say that about Quensland rugby league players although I recently read 2 Broncos had a biffo over one of them standing on the other's new shoes. Silly fools.
Lock 'em up - Eastman, Giuliani, Senator Graham, Meadows and Trump

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 13, 2022, 8:31 am

Morrison has proven to be Australia's worst Prime Minister since .......... well, Abbott.

When half of your own party is looking for your scalp, in the lead up to an election, you know something is not right. 8)

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » April 13, 2022, 9:13 am

Earnest wrote:I'm afraid I'm not up to spec with this Australian Election malarky. Who should I watch out for? Who are the shady characters? Do you have anyone like BoJo?

Asking for a friend.
Earnest let you friend know the 3 answers are
1 Watch out for UM trolls, the guardian, lefties and fence sitters.
2 Same as answer 1.
3 no one is like Boris.

We Australians don’t have to vote in the election.
But if you do want to cast a vote it must submit by postal means. Register and get the postal vote package now if you feel your vote will help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » April 13, 2022, 12:05 pm

Anthony Albanese has enraged reporters after cutting a press conference short and backflipping on a promise just three days into the campaign trail.

Albo accused of Hawke exaggeration

Anthony Albanese has been accused of exaggerating his economic credentials in the wake of Monday’s awkward cash rate gaffe.

In a press conference this week, Mr Albanese claimed he “became an economic policy adviser to the Hawke government” after completing his Sydney Univer­sity degree – but Mr Albanese actually served as a research officer under Tom Uren, the minister for territories and local government under the Hawke government.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2022, 12:24 pm

So he lied through his teeth ......

So ..... you DO have someone like Boris

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » April 13, 2022, 12:25 pm

noosard wrote:
April 13, 2022, 12:05 pm
Anthony Albanese has enraged reporters after cutting a press conference short and backflipping on a promise just three days into the campaign trail.
Expect plenty more of the faux-"outrage" headlines from the Murdoch owned and controlled News Ltd media over the next few weeks. :roll:

ps be nice if you could include a link to your source(s), noos. =D>

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » April 13, 2022, 12:40 pm

Hancocks ..... oops sorry .......Hannitys half hour on Fox News possibly

Sport
udonmap.com

Post by Sport » April 13, 2022, 12:52 pm

If you really want to do your head in and contemplate suicide, watch and listen to the slimey greens, the guardian paper, sydney morning herald and the lefties favourite station the abc.

Return to “Australia”