Post by Whistler » July 25, 2022, 12:19 pm

noosard wrote:
July 25, 2022, 12:13 pm
My motivation is that I spent a lot of time on the southern end of the reef
And it was beautiful and still is
Have friends that still visit this area every year
This southern end is about 200ks off shore
So not effected by run off waters
And your source of saying only 16% of coral bleaching?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by noosard » July 25, 2022, 3:53 pm

Not my source

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 25, 2022, 6:11 pm

noosard wrote:Not my source
There are a lot of eggsperts on the reef who probably have never put a scuba tank on their back. No one is denying bleaching does not happen but the reef is not a static item and a live animal that is affected by many stress factors.
My source

https://www.aims.gov.au/reef-monitoring ... -2020-2021

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 25, 2022, 7:38 pm

Barney wrote:
July 25, 2022, 6:11 pm
noosard wrote:Not my source
There are a lot of eggsperts on the reef who probably have never put a scuba tank on their back. No one is denying bleaching does not happen but the reef is not a static item and a live animal that is affected by many stress factors.
My source

https://www.aims.gov.au/reef-monitoring ... -2020-2021

Have you read the previous few year's reports? The health of the reef is not a yearly report, it is a progressive report, 5 year trends are not very good.

Frankly, anything you post has zero credibility, given your initial post was 100% BS. Apparently, the only people who can talk about the environment are outback residents with a penchant for scuba diving.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » July 26, 2022, 9:03 am

Whistler quoted "Frankly, anything you post has zero credibility, given your initial post was 100% BS.

Inital post
A Thai Concierge to the Expat Community!
Post by noosard » May 12, 2011, 4:29 am

Hi as newbie to Thailand I have found Udon Map to be both imformant and entertaining.
I have read alot of different posts to get info, so apart from the personal contact this forum is doing a good job.
I get mine from TW. Her family and friends know Udon.
ie: My motor cycle and drivers license was obtained on a tourist visa with no address.
Anyway this site is usful and free
Thanks

A part from some mistakes in it why is this 100% Bull Shet

obviously you find Udon Map uninformative and not entertaining
Maybe you should quit the map

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » July 26, 2022, 10:45 am

noosard wrote:
July 26, 2022, 9:03 am
Whistler quoted "Frankly, anything you post has zero credibility, given your initial post was 100% BS.

Inital post

Hi as newbie to Thailand I have found Udon Map to be both imformant and entertaining.
I have read alot of different posts to get info, so apart from the personal contact this forum is doing a good job.
ie: My motor cycle and drivers license was obtained on a tourist visa with no address.
Thanks

How long have you been such a pedantic PiTA? Barney's initial post on this thread was total BS as I am sure that anybody with more than two functional brain cells would understand.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 26, 2022, 5:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
July 26, 2022, 10:45 am
noosard wrote:
July 26, 2022, 9:03 am

Inital post

Thanks

How long have you been such a pedantic PiTA? Barney's initial post on this thread was total BS as I am sure that anybody with more than two functional brain cells would understand.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » July 28, 2022, 8:31 pm

One of our new senators,
She’ll go far this girl.

https://youtu.be/y64lfrz9ZKE

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 4, 2022, 8:44 am

One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has blasted Prime Minister Anthony Albanese’s “Indigenous voice” proposal as “Australia’s version of apartheid”.

Speaking to a nearly empty Senate chamber on Wednesday, Ms Hanson delivered her most strident attack to date on what she dubbed the “racist” referendum proposal, while praising fellow Senator Jacinta Price, the lone Indigenous MP who opposes the advisory body.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 4, 2022, 6:57 pm

noosard wrote:
August 4, 2022, 8:44 am
One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has blasted Prime Minister Anthony Albanese’s “Indigenous voice” proposal as “Australia’s version of apartheid”.

Speaking to a nearly empty Senate chamber on Wednesday, Ms Hanson delivered her most strident attack to date on what she dubbed the “racist” referendum proposal, while praising fellow Senator Jacinta Price, the lone Indigenous MP who opposes the advisory body.
Do you admire Pauline Hanson?

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 4, 2022, 7:33 pm

The Australian government would be better served by altering the constitution to enable one eminent indigenous person from each state or territory to be appointed to the Senate for the standard election cycle. As to the House of Reps, there are more than 3.2% of the elected members who identify as indigenous who should be able to represent and speak to the needs of the wider indigenous community without the need to consult the proposed advisory group.
I personally see this referendum going the same way as the republic referendum which was poorly phrased and scant on detail to enable an informed decision.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 4, 2022, 8:39 pm

trekkertony wrote:
August 4, 2022, 7:33 pm
The Australian government would be better served by altering the constitution to enable one eminent indigenous person from each state or territory to be appointed to the Senate for the standard election cycle.
Do you believe such a referendum would have a better chance of getting up than the one currently proposed?

I don't.

As an example, who of Jacinta Price or Malarndirri McCarthy (both prominent and eminent indigenous women) would you appoint to represent the NT?

As for the Republic referendum, if my memory serves me correctly, details were deliberately confused so that Howard could scuttle the whole thing.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 4, 2022, 9:41 pm

jackspratt wrote:
August 4, 2022, 8:39 pm
trekkertony wrote:
The Australian government would be better served by altering the constitution to enable one eminent indigenous person from each state or territory to be appointed to the Senate for the standard election cycle.
Do you believe such a referendum would have a better chance of getting up than the one currently proposed?

I don't.

As an example, who of Jacinta Price or Malarndirri McCarthy (both prominent and eminent indigenous women) would you appoint to represent the NT?

As for the Republic referendum, if my memory serves me correctly, details were deliberately confused so that Howard could scuttle the whole thing.
Referendums are the things on which fundamentally flawed, self-centred and out-of-touch administrations impale themselves.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 5, 2022, 4:01 am

Yes l do, each state would be represented and a bloc like that would hold immense negotiating power when it came to matters proposed which would affect the indigenous population as it is discussed in the Senate. As to both Jacinta Price and Malarndirri McCarthy, their talent and broad appeal would see them elected within the current election process either in the lower and or upper house. To think or believe that political manoeuvring is limited to non indigenous groups is a furphy.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2022, 10:07 am

How would you see the appointment process happening?

And having overcome that hurdle, why do you believe the appointees - who I assume would have a Senate vote - would vote as a bloc?

It's just as likely they would individually align with one or other of the political parties - refer to my appointment question above.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 5, 2022, 11:54 am

Why would the voice have a senate vote

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2022, 12:12 pm

I don't think anyone has suggested it would.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 5, 2022, 4:48 pm

tamada wrote:
August 4, 2022, 9:41 pm
jackspratt wrote:
August 4, 2022, 8:39 pm
trekkertony wrote:

I don't.

Referendums are the things on which fundamentally flawed, self-centred and out-of-touch administrations impale themselves.
You are wrong about referendums in Australia. Unlike the UK, Australia has a written constitution. It can only be changed by referendom. The constitution as it is, needs revision as it includes aboriginal people as being part of flora and fauna. It was changed a bit around 50 years ago so Aboriginals got the vote, that was by referendom. The last referendom was to allow same sex marriage, that did not require constitutional changes, but resved the rift between the religious right andd mainstream Australians

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 5, 2022, 5:14 pm

noosard wrote:
August 5, 2022, 11:54 am
Why would the voice have a senate vote
Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2022, 12:12 pm

I don't think anyone has suggested it would.

Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2022, 10:07 a

"And having overcome that hurdle, why do you believe the appointees - who I assume would have a Senate vote -""

Seems Jack you don't know what you wrote

Return to “Australia”