noosard
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by noosard » August 5, 2022, 5:21 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 4, 2022, 6:57 pm
noosard wrote:
August 4, 2022, 8:44 am
One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has blasted Prime Minister Anthony Albanese’s “Indigenous voice” proposal as “Australia’s version of apartheid”.

Speaking to a nearly empty Senate chamber on Wednesday, Ms Hanson delivered her most strident attack to date on what she dubbed the “racist” referendum proposal, while praising fellow Senator Jacinta Price, the lone Indigenous MP who opposes the advisory body.
Do you admire Pauline Hanson?
All the ---- both parties thru at her when starting One Nation to still be there giving her opinion
She has a set of balls on her
More than lots of other pollies

Admire those balls yes
but she is definitely not the sharps pencil in the box

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2022, 5:24 pm

noosard wrote:
August 5, 2022, 5:14 pm

Seems Jack you don't know what you wrote
Oh! but I do - read it again.

I was responding to trekkertony, who was talking about appointments to the Senate - not the Voice.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 5, 2022, 5:26 pm

noosard wrote:
August 5, 2022, 5:21 pm

Neither, it would seem, are those dopey Banana Benders who keep voting for her. :-&

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 5, 2022, 6:29 pm

Whistler why do you have to be such a jerk. At no point did l allude to the constitution having the capacity to be changed without success at referendum. Just for clarity, your statement, It was changed a bit around 50 years ago so Aboriginals got the vote is flippant and demonstrates racial insensitivity. it occurred on the 27th of May 1967 with a referendum approval rate in excess of 90% of eligible voters.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 5, 2022, 11:31 pm

trekkertony wrote:
August 5, 2022, 6:29 pm
Whistler why do you have to be such a jerk. At no point did l allude to the constitution having the capacity to be changed without success at referendum. Just for clarity, your statement, It was changed a bit around 50 years ago so Aboriginals got the vote is flippant and demonstrates racial insensitivity. it occurred on the 27th of May 1967 with a referendum approval rate in excess of 90% of eligible voters.
Tony, on the booze again? 1967 was 55 years ago, so around 50 years ago is correct. I responded to Tam's post not yours so pull your head in. As for racial insensitivty, I was inducted into into my Lapa tribe by my aboriginal mates in 2002. Idiot!
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 5, 2022, 11:36 pm

noosard wrote:
August 5, 2022, 5:21 pm
Whistler wrote:
August 4, 2022, 6:57 pm
noosard wrote:
August 4, 2022, 8:44 am
One Nation leader Pauline Hanson has blasted Prime Minister Anthony Albanese’s “Indigenous voice” proposal as “Australia’s version of apartheid”.

Speaking to a nearly empty Senate chamber on Wednesday, Ms Hanson delivered her most strident attack to date on what she dubbed the “racist” referendum proposal, while praising fellow Senator Jacinta Price, the lone Indigenous MP who opposes the advisory body.
Do you admire Pauline Hanson?
All the **** both parties thru at her when starting One Nation to still be there giving her opinion

Admire those balls yes
Can you please make a post using comprehensive English?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 6, 2022, 1:12 am

Whistler wrote:
August 5, 2022, 4:48 pm
tamada wrote:
August 4, 2022, 9:41 pm
jackspratt wrote:
August 4, 2022, 8:39 pm
trekkertony wrote:
August 4, 2022, 7:33 pm
The Australian government would be better served by altering the constitution to enable one eminent indigenous person from each state or territory to be appointed to the Senate for the standard election cycle.
Do you believe such a referendum would have a better chance of getting up than the one currently proposed?

I don't.

As an example, who of Jacinta Price or Malarndirri McCarthy (both prominent and eminent indigenous women) would you appoint to represent the NT?

As for the Republic referendum, if my memory serves me correctly, details were deliberately confused so that Howard could scuttle the whole thing.
Referendums are the things on which fundamentally flawed, self-centred and out-of-touch administrations impale themselves.
You are wrong about referendums in Australia. Unlike the UK, Australia has a written constitution. It can only be changed by referendom. The constitution as it is, needs revision as it includes aboriginal people as being part of flora and fauna. It was changed a bit around 50 years ago so Aboriginals got the vote, that was by referendom. The last referendom was to allow same sex marriage, that did not require constitutional changes, but resved the rift between the religious right andd mainstream Australians
Is it because the water goes down the plughole the wrong way down there or what?

Referendums are political tools by political fools regardless of a writ or unwrit constitution. It's a sop thrown to an electorate by politicians trying to score points in order to make the voters think that their opinion is significant.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » August 6, 2022, 3:45 am

Whistler, l feel sorry for you, your default position of accusing a forum contributer to be “on the booze again” when they are at odds with your opinion suggests a diminishing level of self esteem. Are you okay?

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » August 6, 2022, 5:15 am

Whistler's comprehension seems a bit lacking
just because the odd spelling mistake or grammatical error

"All the crap both parties threw at her when starting One Nation, to still be there giving her opinion

Admire those balls yes
but she is definitely not the sharpest pencil in the box"

Hope that helps
You wanna try fixing some of your own posts

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 6, 2022, 7:13 am

trekkertony wrote:
August 6, 2022, 3:45 am
Whistler, l feel sorry for you, your default position of accusing a forum contributer to be “on the booze again” when they are at odds with your opinion suggests a diminishing level of self esteem. Are you okay?
How else do you expain why you answered a post for another member? Drunk or just plain dumb, or both?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » August 6, 2022, 9:07 am

tamada wrote:
August 6, 2022, 1:12 am

Is it because the water goes down the plughole the wrong way down there or what?

Referendums are political tools by political fools regardless of a writ or unwrit constitution. It's a sop thrown to an electorate by politicians trying to score points in order to make the voters think that their opinion is significant.
Given your ignorance (x 2) of the purpose of referendums (in Australia at least), I would suggest it is your water going down the wrong way.
Last edited by jackspratt on August 6, 2022, 9:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 6, 2022, 9:10 am

jackspratt wrote:
August 6, 2022, 9:07 am
tamada wrote:
August 6, 2022, 1:12 am

Given your ignorance (x 2) of referendums (in Australia at least), I would suggest it is your water going down the wrong way.
Yeah, my Aussie girlfriend (said she) was different as well.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 6, 2022, 10:52 am

Tam, It depends on your perspective

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 6, 2022, 10:58 am

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 5b7hp.html

This is the same guy that one rather biased poster on here intimated that he was a CCP stooge. The Labor government has been strong on the dangers of the CCP despite the scare tactics used by the looney right-wing elements of Australian politics before the last election.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » August 20, 2022, 1:39 pm

Tomorrow marks the three months anniversary for the Australian Labor government. Not since the whirlwind and out of control Whitlam government has there been such a dramatic first few months for a new government.

I thought Morrison would go from rooster to feather duster but he looks more and more like road kill. I hope the liberals can reform and move to the sensible middle and become the effective opposition that every country needs, but Morrison and his successor Dutton rremain stranded way out right, alienated from a more moderate electorate.

Congratulations Albo, a man who is shaping up to be one of the better Prime Ministers in modern times.

A pox on the extreme right wing, climate deniers that have wreaked havok on the liberal party

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » August 20, 2022, 3:31 pm

Whistler wrote:
August 20, 2022, 1:39 pm
Tomorrow marks the three months anniversary for the Australian Labor government. Not since the whirlwind and out of control Whitlam government has there been such a dramatic first few months for a new government.

I thought Morrison would go from rooster to feather duster but he looks more and more like road kill. I hope the liberals can reform and move to the sensible middle and become the effective opposition that every country needs, but Morrison and his successor Dutton rremain stranded way out right, alienated from a more moderate electorate.

Congratulations Albo, a man who is shaping up to be one of the better Prime Ministers in modern times.

A pox on the extreme right wing, climate deniers that have wreaked havok on the liberal party
British voters take note. You won't beat the Tories by negotiating with them or accommodating them or giving them the benefit of the doubt. A cancer this deep needs radical surgery. Dr. Starmer and Nurse Rayner need to get into their scrubs now and they can start honing their skills on that daft woman up in Holyrood.

And now back to our regular programming. Go Albo, go.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2022, 11:33 am

Ministers were quick to talk up the “significant” increase on Monday morning, with the Prime Minister himself sharing the “big” news.

“I'm very pleased that the announcements that we’ve made today about the rise in the pension and in payments, including the JobSeeker payment, will take some of the pressure off,” he told ABC radio.

But critics swiftly pointed out the increases had nothing to do with the government at all.

The Australian Unemployed Workers Union labelled the government’s announcement as “misinformation”.

“Labor MPs are claiming that today‘s automatic half-yearly indexation of payments occurred as a result of a decision they made. It did not,” it said.

An organiser from that union, Jeremy Poxon went one step further, accusing the government of “doing the same sh*t the Coalition did”.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 5, 2022, 12:41 pm

Where did this article come from?

Seems to be looking for a negative. If the quote is correct, he announced the change stating it would be beneficial, which of course it will be. Does not seem to claim it was a legislative change.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 5, 2022, 12:46 pm

Just saw the source. News limited, how surprising, Murdoch press bashing Labor!

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 5, 2022, 1:04 pm

Who is being bias now
reread the last sentence

"An organiser from that union, Jeremy Poxon went one step further, accusing the government of “doing the same sh*t the Coalition did”."

Return to “Australia”