Australian Election

Barney
udonmap.com

Re: Australian Election

Post by Barney » September 7, 2022, 4:56 pm

noosard wrote:She might be a decent pollie for a change
Yes noosard
She will make a fine politician.
Her background gives her a good understanding of the people she represents and has had a difficult life which is a credit to where she sits today.
Completing her university with a major in political science gives her a good background for opinion and debate.
Liked her style during the election and she showed the labor party that electorates perhaps can’t be fooled by the games that are played trying shoe in some nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 7, 2022, 7:06 pm

Barney wrote:
September 7, 2022, 4:56 pm
noosard wrote:She might be a decent pollie for a change
Yes noosard
She will make a fine politician.
Her background gives her a good understanding of the people she represents and has had a difficult life which is a credit to where she sits today.
Completing her university with a major in political science gives her a good background for opinion and debate.
Liked her style during the election and she showed the labor party that electorates perhaps can’t be fooled by the games that are played trying shoe in some nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I do not adhere to some of her statements or attitudes. But, but, but....

1000% agree with Barney's comments about NSW Labor parachuting an unpopular has-been into the Fowler electorate. Backfired on the arrogant power brokers big time. Great outcome
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 7, 2022, 8:45 pm

Hardly a has been. She was a very effective shadow Home Affairs minister.

But I agree about the parachute.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 8, 2022, 6:58 am

jackspratt wrote:
September 7, 2022, 8:45 pm
Hardly a has been. She was a very effective shadow Home Affairs minister.

But I agree about the parachute.
Jack,

A dreadful NSW Premier. Back room deals to get that job so she takes that now convicted criminal Obied, into the ministry, puppet of Tripodi. The current ICAC investigation on mining leases was on her watch. Then she failed to win Bennaling by-election. Parachuted into Senate seat before losing unloseable lower seat contest.

Being a shadow minister is not that hard. You never make any decisions, never set any policies, your job is to criticise when the home affairs minister stumbles.
Last edited by Whistler on September 8, 2022, 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 8, 2022, 10:44 am

Anthony Albanese has raised concerns about young people’s “scary” views on democracy, urging politicians to do more to rebuild the “faith and trust” in governments.

It is a start
Should look at what all people think

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... 46d83a33fe

Again evil Murdoch paper
Seems to be just biased against pollies fullstop

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » September 8, 2022, 11:02 am

noosard wrote:
September 8, 2022, 10:44 am
Anthony Albanese has raised concerns about young people’s “scary” views on democracy, urging politicians to do more to rebuild the “faith and trust” in governments.

It is a start
Should look at what all people think

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/le ... 46d83a33fe

Again evil Murdoch paper
Seems to be just biased against pollies fullstop
55. Click on the link RELATED STORIES at the bottom of the article, lots of Albo bashing

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » September 8, 2022, 12:28 pm

You go looking you will find

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 12:58 pm

Well we are now 7 months into the new government. Albo's popularity has soared, well past the traditional honeymoon period.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 5ceyd.html

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 24, 2023, 1:34 pm

Whistler wrote:
January 24, 2023, 12:58 pm
Well we are now 7 months into the new government. Albo's popularity has soared, well past the traditional honeymoon period.

Maybe honeymoons are shorter in the Antipodes but IIRC, the sun was shining out of Boris Johnson's arse after about the same period of his leadership.

How was Albo's predecessor doing in the polls after 7 months?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 2:08 pm

tamada wrote:
January 24, 2023, 1:34 pm
Whistler wrote:
January 24, 2023, 12:58 pm

Maybe honeymoons are shorter in the Antipodes but IIRC, the sun was shining out of Boris Johnson's arse after about the same period of his leadership.

How was Albo's predecessor doing in the polls after 7 months?
Dropped like a lead balloon by January 2020 after his election win the previous year in April, continued that trajectory until finally booted out. Now regarded by most as as Australia's worse prime minister, he took on some fierce competition for that title, but won in a canter.

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-n ... ll-of-2020

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 24, 2023, 2:31 pm

Amid mounting pressure from locals, Prime Minister Anthony Albanese flew to the Northern Territory town of Alice Springs on Tuesday to address the crime problem that they say is now “out of control.”

The town has recently been plagued by gangs of youths roaming the streets at night, breaking into businesses and engaging in extreme violence.

Darren Clarke, a baker who runs the Facebook page Action For Alice 2020, took aim at NT Police Minister Kate Worden, and called for her to resign.

Clarke’s bakery in Alice Springs has been broken into 41 times in just three years. He has unleashed at the “disgraceful” lack of action on the issue by Anthony Albanese’s government.

Now the second paragraph is inaccurate as "recently been plagued" gives the sense that this is something new in Alice
Been there twice 2005 and 2009 and both times there was trouble in the streets police advising not to walk after dark

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2023, 3:07 pm

Out of interest, noos - where does the News Ltd contribution finish, and yours start?

I was also wondering earlier, when I read an ABC article on this issue, when did state/territory law enforcement became the responsibility of the Feds.

Good politics by Albo I guess, but could also be creating a rod for his own back.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 24, 2023, 3:26 pm

That is easy jack I was actually not bagging Albo and his government for the conditions in Alice

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 24, 2023, 3:39 pm

I wasn't trying to imply you were noos. Perhaps I should have put that bit in a separate post.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 3:42 pm

Noo, without even attempting to see your source, I am certain some far right paper is having a dig. A very uneducated one at that. The Northern Territory is not administered by the Federal government. Albo has zero direct control over policing in Alice Springs, that ----- of a town is under the control of the Northern Territory government.

Let's see what come out of the trip before judging. I would suggest Albo is more likely to offer additional funding or promise to send Australian Federal Police to have a presence to assist the Territory government.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 4:35 pm

An update, looks like attempts to smear Albo by the right-wing press have failed again.

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal ... 5cf55.html

Sorry Noo, don't gnash your teeth too hard. We all observe you doing your level best at Aussie bashing and pushing right-wing rhetoric, but, as on this occasion, you fall on your face time after time.

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 24, 2023, 4:40 pm

cudos to the PM for finally being shamed into making a presence felt in Alice Springs. The opposition leader, Peter Dutton in parliament offered a bipartisan approach by being willing to go with the PM however this was graciously declined by the PMs advisors. The standing position amongst the indigenous males in AS is that a child wearing nappies is untouchable, currently indigenous mother's are leaving their children in nappies until they reach the age of five in an attempt to protect their children. From the predatory behaviour of some indigenous males.
In the prison system, we have first time white prisoners defecating in their pants as a way to deter the indigenous prisoners from raping them.
Will the PM influence any real change or is the visit an attempt to protect The Voice referendum.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 5:06 pm

trekkertony wrote:
January 24, 2023, 4:40 pm
cudos to the PM for finally being shamed into making a presence felt in Alice Springs. The opposition leader, Peter Dutton in parliament offered a bipartisan approach by being willing to go with the PM however this was graciously declined by the PMs advisors. The standing position amongst the indigenous males in AS is that a child wearing nappies is untouchable, currently indigenous mother's are leaving their children in nappies until they reach the age of five in an attempt to protect their children. From the predatory behaviour of some indigenous males.
In the prison system, we have first time white prisoners defecating in their pants as a way to deter the indigenous prisoners from raping them.
Will the PM influence any real change or is the visit an attempt to protect The Voice referendum.
Can you tell me the source of this?

trekkertony
udonmap.com

Post by trekkertony » January 24, 2023, 5:23 pm

I have a sister who works in Indigenous health at AS and l have worked in corrections for 20 years and still currently working in the industry. If this does not suffice l am happy to provide Statutory Declarations.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » January 24, 2023, 5:26 pm

I have been to Alice Springs several times, I hate the place. It is dysfunctional through alcohol abuse, unemployment, and all the other ailments that exist where aboriginal populations are at odds with the local white community, it has been thus for decades. I must admit, I never saw post toddler kids wearing nappies, but it is few years since my last visit.

A previous Labor government implemented alcohol controls (Gillard), these were removed by the coalition cabinet which included Dutton. Since the limitations were removed, crime has exploded.

Now Dutton is attempting to blame it on Albo, when he was part of the creation of the problem.

Return to “Australia”