Australia Finally in Safe Hands

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Australia Finally in Safe Hands

Post by jackspratt » March 25, 2023, 8:33 pm

With the Labor landslide in the NSW state election today, the governments of all the mainland states, plus the Feds, are in progressive hands.

Time for the conservatives and hard-right to consider what got them to this point, starting, I would suggest, by looking at the leader of the Federal party. I really can't see a way back for them without real change.

Crusty old white boomers like me (and a few others on here - you know who you are) are departing by natural attrition, and the younger, better educated and more (real) liberal are looking for different things. Starting with the existential threat that is being wrought through climate change/global warming.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Re: Australia Finally in Safe Hands

Post by Whistler » March 25, 2023, 9:04 pm

Correct Jack.

Elections are lost, not won. Chris Minns was a small target and just let the conservates dig their own graves.

I hope Matt Kean becomes the new state liberal leader, he is middle of the road conservative with brains and embraces change.

For me personally, go Chris Minns, he despises the Right wing of the Labor party as much as I do. A pox on that faction that has had its wings clipped.

Four tough years for Labor are ahead, let's see how well they manage it because there is not a lot of talent in the new state cabinet.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 26, 2023, 5:35 am

The people of NSW have rejected the far right religious zealots of the liberal and national parties. They have rejected climate change deniers and the politicians owned by the gas, oil and mining lobby. They have rejected the 'way of life,' corruption of Barilaro and Berejiklian. We have rejected uber privatisation of state assets. They have rejected the politicians who have demonised the public sector workers who carried Australia through the pandemic.
I was at the footy last night and needed this good news after the horror at the docklands 8)
Attachments
red8784077477299_n.jpg
Watch Me!!

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2023, 6:37 am

Mr. M. you forgot the good news that The Rabbitohs defeated Manly. A match that fittingly honoured the great John Sattler. Sattler's jersey number was 13 South Sydney's winning score was remarkably 13.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

marjamlew
udonmap.com

Post by marjamlew » March 26, 2023, 7:45 am

Whistler wrote:
March 26, 2023, 6:37 am
Mr. M. you forgot the good news that The Rabbitohs defeated Manly. A match that fittingly honoured the great John Sattler. Sattler's jersey number was 13 South Sydney's winning score was remarkably 13.
Didn't forget about it Whistler. Just didn't know about it. Not really on my radar. Well done to the bunnies in honouring Sattler and sticking it up the silver spooners.
Watch Me!!

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 26, 2023, 10:49 am

While Dutton is the leader of the Libs Labour can do what ever they want, god help Australia if Dutton ever became PM.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2023, 11:12 am

fatbob wrote:
March 26, 2023, 10:49 am
While Dutton is the leader of the Libs Labour can do what ever they want, god help Australia if Dutton ever became PM.
There are many good people in the Liberal party and among their supporters, the issue with that party in particular, is a very noisy, very active minority control too much. Branch stacking, ultra right-wing views are all making the libs unpalatable to the voters, thus their total failure to address the wishes of the people. Their close-mindedness on climate change created the Teals, their immoral acts in abusing spending so it goes into their own electorates has led to their downfall.

Not only has Dutton got to go, so has the Christian Right faction which needs to have its wings clipped. They can mumble or scream 'woke' all they like, it ain't working.

The whole world is swinging back towards progressive policies, thank goodness.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 26, 2023, 2:31 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 26, 2023, 11:12 am
fatbob wrote:
March 26, 2023, 10:49 am
There are many good people in the Liberal party and among their supporters, the issue with that party in particular, is a very noisy, very active minority control too much. Branch stacking, ultra right-wing views are all making the libs unpalatable to the voters, thus their total failure to address the wishes of the people. Their close-mindedness on climate change created the Teals, their immoral acts in abusing spending so it goes into their own electorates has led to their downfall.

Not only has Dutton got to go, so has the Christian Right faction which needs to have its wings clipped. They can mumble or scream 'woke' all they like, it ain't working.

The whole world is swinging back towards progressive policies, thank goodness.
Russia, China, Mexico, Italy, Myanmar, Cambodia, Turkey, Afghanistan, Iran, etc., etc.???
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2023, 2:44 pm

LYM,

Your list only shows one country swinging Right, that is Italy which was never far off. There is a difference between Right-Wing and Autocratic, one could hardly call the autocratic Chinese CCP a right-wing government.

Countries that have kicked out right-wingers in recent times are USA, Australia, Brazil, Peru. Look out the UK next election.

I don't have the reference on hand, but I did read a recent report that apart from Europe where far right parties are on the rise, the worldwide trend is going the other way.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2023, 2:59 pm

It's high time politicians started to put humanity and empathy in front of Fake religion and money :-$

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2023, 3:13 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 26, 2023, 2:59 pm
It's high time politicians started to put humanity and empathy in front of Fake religion and money :-$
Amen and hallelujah, fiscal responsibility, stop handouts to poor people and refugees.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2023, 3:42 pm

These bloomin' refugees running away from a war zone just dont understand the opportunity they are being given, look at the extra jobs being created making bullets/bombs at home/delivery jobs taking them to the front line/medical jobs/medical orderly jobs (picking the pieces up) coffin makers, extra religous jobs to provide all the funerals/shrink jobs to comfort the bereaved, and what do they do, get in a dinghy and come to Britain .... bl**dy work shy the lot of 'em :evil:

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » March 26, 2023, 5:43 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 26, 2023, 2:59 pm
Unfortunatly those days will never return while the multi national companys take control of just about everything on an international scale, including government. Not to sure about banks in other countrys but in Aus the 8 big banks are pretty well controlled by the same companys, or 'Substantial Shareholders', these three main companys are Blackrock, State Street and Vangaurd, US companys. These same companys control worldwide media and god only knows what else, so empathy, humanity,,,,, its all about the money now....

Earnest
udonmap.com

Post by Earnest » March 26, 2023, 5:56 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
March 26, 2023, 3:42 pm
These bloomin' refugees running away from a war zone just dont understand the opportunity they are being given, look at the extra jobs being created making bullets/bombs at home/delivery jobs taking them to the front line/medical jobs/medical orderly jobs (picking the pieces up) coffin makers, extra religous jobs to provide all the funerals/shrink jobs to comfort the bereaved, and what do they do, get in a dinghy and come to Britain .... bl**dy work shy the lot of 'em :evil:
If you can't beat 'em, join 'em, Statts.
This message has been submitted successfully, but it will need to be approved by a moderator before it is publicly viewable. You will be notified when your post has been approved.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 26, 2023, 8:18 pm

Whistler wrote:
March 26, 2023, 2:44 pm
LYM,

Your list only shows one country swinging Right, that is Italy which was never far off. There is a difference between Right-Wing and Autocratic, one could hardly call the autocratic Chinese CCP a right-wing government.

Countries that have kicked out right-wingers in recent times are USA, Australia, Brazil, Peru. Look out the UK next election.

I don't have the reference on hand, but I did read a recent report that apart from Europe where far right parties are on the rise, the worldwide trend is going the other way.
I was trying to demonstrate that very few countries, and certainly not all the countries in the world, were becoming more progressive.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » March 26, 2023, 8:28 pm

LYM, you are not wrong. It is a precarious balance now. IMHO I am seeing a shift, time will tell.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » March 26, 2023, 8:54 pm

You dont need to be a rocket scientist to see the UK swinging left in Autumn 2024 (barring some catastrophic happening), the country has exhausted its supply of Tories daft enough to put their head in the noose, and even the current Tory cabinet are doing all the prep work to hand over (Tax cuts and all other benefits announced 2022/2023 to take effect 2025 when its someone elses problem), as they always do. Even if they manage to get their act together before the election (pull the wool firmly over the publics eyes again), they still face a huge problem if Reform UK do as they plan and field 650 candidates who will take mostly Tory votes

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » July 21, 2023, 6:46 am

Whistler wrote:
March 26, 2023, 8:28 pm
LYM, you are not wrong. It is a precarious balance now. IMHO I am seeing a shift, time will tell.
A shift or sh*t?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Australia”