A small but worrying interest in Fascism

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Re: A small but worrying interest in Fascism

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 16, 2023, 9:56 am

Whistler wrote:
May 14, 2023, 4:29 pm
No American party has shifted so radically Right as the GOP, danger Will Robinson, ethics, truth and respect for the law are now out the window.

quote]

There are only two parties to include here. It is not like Thailand, the Netherlands or Italy where there is a host of parties that can shift toward the right and become Nazis, and who desire a leader like Hitler.

You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 11:27 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 16, 2023, 9:56 am
Whistler wrote:
No American party has shifted so radically Right as the GOP, danger Will Robinson, ethics, truth and respect for the law are now out the window.

quote]

There are only two parties to include here. It is not like Thailand, the Netherlands or Italy where there is a host of parties that can shift toward the right and become Nazis, and who desire a leader like Hitler.
How does that logic work? There are only 2 parties so it is perfectly all right to lie, distort etc, etc. Many countries have only two major parties, that is not an excuse at all.
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 11:31 am

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 16, 2023, 9:51 am
Whistler wrote:
May 15, 2023, 5:10 pm
LYM, what do you think? Do you think left wing groups are as dangerous and have committed as many terrorist attacks as right wing groups?
Yes, I think left wing extremist groups are just as dangerous as right wing extremist groups, and no, I do not think they have committed as many terrorist attacks as right wing extremists. However, I think left wing extremist groups have disrupted more meetings and debates on university campuses than right wing extremists.
So disrupting a University meeting is on par with murdering innocent people, with bombs and automatic weapons, or setting a plot to kidnap a Governor, or using force to occupy Congress, killing people in the process then wanting to try to hang the vice president. Are you serious?
I had a bumper sticker in Texas that read 'Beam me up Scotty'. I often wish I could find one in Udon Thani

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 16, 2023, 11:34 am

If any of you were fair dinkum here bumbling Joe Biden would or should be enough proof that he is a puppet doing what he's told, the bloke has dementia obviously, Trump went against the financial controllers of the US, the real power brokers, hence the media campaign against him from the five that control 85% of world media. It isn't rocket science to see where the world is heading... Open your eyes to what is really going down...

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 16, 2023, 11:36 am

Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2023, 11:27 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Whistler wrote:

quote]

How does that logic work? There are only 2 parties so it is perfectly all right to lie, distort etc, etc. Many countries have only two major parties, that is not an excuse at all.
Your logic astounds me sometimes. Do you mean to suggest that the Republican Party is soon going to become a Nazi Party with a leader like Hitler? That is the key question to answer.

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 1:07 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 16, 2023, 11:36 am
Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2023, 11:27 am
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
Whistler wrote:

quote]

Your logic astounds me sometimes. Do you mean to suggest that the Republican Party is soon going to become a Nazi Party with a leader like Hitler? That is the key question to answer.
Read this very carefully, there are elements of the GOP that want exactly that, this is not fantasy, this is real. Where did they meet, Trump's Doral Country Club?

https://news.yahoo.com/trump-doral-even ... hgvWP18dPg

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 16, 2023, 2:17 pm

Is it possible for you to answer the question asked? Namely, do you mean to suggest that the Republican Party is soon going to become a Nazi Party with a leader like Hitler?

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 16, 2023, 8:22 pm

Nobody knows, the scary thing is that is even a possibility. Trump and others almost certainly want it.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 16, 2023, 8:27 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 16, 2023, 2:17 pm
Is it possible for you to answer the question asked? Namely, do you mean to suggest that the Republican Party is soon going to become a Nazi Party with a leader like Hitler?
Well it's certainly heading in that direction

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 17, 2023, 7:57 am

Whistler wrote:
May 16, 2023, 8:22 pm
Nobody knows, the scary thing is that is even a possibility. Trump and others almost certainly want it.
Trump is many things, but a Nazi? Are you sure he wants to set up pogroms for the Jews that lead to a final solution? Put your thinking cap on prior to answering.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 17, 2023, 8:13 am

Put your thinking cap on prior to answering.

That considering the subject of this post is a difficult task for most . The subjet matter is often inflammatory and although we all seek to have a true democratic country no matter where we are, there are factions both politcally and outside entities that prefer the dictartorial type of government and leadership, which pays no heed to the facts and the voters and often dismisses any negativity with the words. Live with it or be quiet.

Many countries ae moving slowly that way, because for those governments unfortunately the General Population have actually become educated and with the Internet well informed, albeit often biased information ,

Truth is either embraced and allows freedoms or it is discarded as to face the truth means a difficult choice chage and embrace it or disallow it and spread mis-information

That is what is happening in so many so-called democratic countries NOW , we see it daily .

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 17, 2023, 9:15 am

Replace Jews/gypsies/non Aryan with Mexican/Black and Gay and you are certainly moving that way, and thats before they start banning/burning books and making hate speeches ( hang mike pence!!) :-k

fatbob
udonmap.com

Post by fatbob » May 17, 2023, 9:40 am

Whistler wrote:
Where the hell do you get that from, have you heard his opinions on Ukraine, the only pres not to drop bombs, under him there would be no war now, you need to get away from main stream media, completly brainwashed and sprouting there propaganda.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 17, 2023, 10:09 am

Certainly not MSM, but here we go, busting another Trumpian myth:
Donald Trump Is Dropping Bombs at Unprecedented Levels

......Under Trump, the United States has dropped about 20,650 bombs through July 31 (2017), or 80 percent the number dropped under Obama for the entirety of 2016. At this rate, Trump will exceed Obama’s last-year total by Labor Day.......
https://foreignpolicy.com/2017/08/09/do ... ed-levels/

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » May 17, 2023, 10:19 am

If only Fox news told both sides of an argument :-"

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » May 17, 2023, 11:54 am

fatbob wrote:
May 17, 2023, 9:40 am
Whistler wrote:
Where the hell do you get that from, have you heard his opinions on Ukraine, the only pres not to drop bombs, under him there would be no war now, you need to get away from main stream media, completly brainwashed and sprouting there propaganda.
If you really believe thazt under TRUMP there would be no war between Russia and Ukraine you ae as deluded as he was/is.

Before America was even founded that area of europe was constantly fighjting each other with treaties and broken and people slain just because they could After the decline of the USSR into varous factions and independent countries it has got worse as Russia lost a lot of clout and face as most currently independent countries outside NOW the control of the Kremlin have fared far better and wish to remain that way

Whistler
udonmap.com

Post by Whistler » May 17, 2023, 4:27 pm

Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 17, 2023, 7:57 am
Whistler wrote:
Trump is many things, but a Nazi? Are you sure he wants to set up pogroms for the Jews that lead to a final solution? Put your thinking cap on prior to

I labeled Trump a Fascist, why have you swapped that word for Nazi?

Put your thinking cap on? You are not addressing kid here, you sound like a teacher dressing down some immature little kid. I am a well read adult, as such it is always on, i am not a fool and well capable of reading and coming to my own concusions. Your characterisation of Fascism is shallow in the extreme. I find it strange that a self professed academic would be so limited in their understanding.

Fascist beliefs are based not on killing Jews, they are based on a centralized, authoritarian state dominated by a leader who is not to be questioned. Trump has dozens of times expressed admiration for such figures and has publicly praised while musing that he wished he had the same level of power.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

I am by no means the only person that has labelled Trump a fascist.

https://www.vox.com/22225472/fascism-de ... t-examples

You will not find one single former president that even came close to be labelled fascist. That he is even considered to be a potential choice again for president indicates to me that thinking caps are in very short supply.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » May 17, 2023, 4:51 pm

Whistler wrote:
A decade ago, I could not contemplate Nazi sentiments being expressed in public, now every month or so we see headlines like this. I am of the view that the rise of authoritarian sentiments in the USA has emboldened underground groups to show their face in public.

'There are good people both sides' Trump. This has been my concern since the huge shift to the Right in the USA. Too many lust for a Fuhrer. Far to close to what happened in Germany in the 1930's for my liking. No American party has shifted so radically Right as the GOP, danger Will Robinson, ethics, truth and respect for the law are now out the window.

https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/state/v ... 0f67a6dc99
Draw your own conclusions.

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » May 17, 2023, 5:13 pm

Whistler wrote:
May 17, 2023, 4:27 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 17, 2023, 7:57 am
Whistler wrote:
Trump is many things, but a Nazi? Are you sure he wants to set up pogroms for the Jews that lead to a final solution? Put your thinking cap on prior to

I labeled Trump a Fascist, why have you swapped that word for Nazi?

Put your thinking cap on? You are not addressing kid here, you sound like a teacher dressing down some immature little kid. I am a well read adult, as such it is always on, i am not a fool and well capable of reading and coming to my own concusions. Your characterisation of Fascism is shallow in the extreme. I find it strange that a self professed academic would be so limited in their understanding.

Fascist beliefs are based not on killing Jews, they are based on a centralized, authoritarian state dominated by a leader who is not to be questioned. Trump has dozens of times expressed admiration for such figures and has publicly praised while musing that he wished he had the same level of power.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/fascism

I am by no means the only person that has labelled Trump a fascist.

https://www.vox.com/22225472/fascism-de ... t-examples

You will not find one single former president that even came close to be labelled fascist. That he is even considered to be a potential choice again for president indicates to me that thinking caps are in very short supply.
Who is saying what here?

It just doesn't make sense. :?

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » May 17, 2023, 5:42 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 16, 2023, 8:27 pm
Laan Yaa Mo wrote:
May 16, 2023, 2:17 pm
Well it's certainly heading in that direction
It is? Based on what precisely? What the illiberal, left-wing media is saying?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Return to “Australia”