Birthday announcements

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
Post Reply
User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 386
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Birthday announcements

Post by Old Grumpy » December 1, 2023, 3:27 pm

Think its a bit creepy wishing happy Birthday to Anzron as with other members who have sadly passed on. Couldnt this be monitored?


Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 16210
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by jackspratt » December 1, 2023, 7:45 pm

I was a bit confused about where you were coming from on this one, Val - but then I stumbled upon this:
Screenshot 2023-12-01 193848.png
How do you suggest this can be monitored? UM Forum has close to 40,000 members - many of who are no doubt Bots. But even within the regular posting membership, how can Admin closely check this?

User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 386
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by Old Grumpy » December 1, 2023, 8:39 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 1, 2023, 7:45 pm
I was a bit confused about where you were coming from on this one, Val - but then I stumbled upon this:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 193848.png

How do you suggest this can be monitored? UM Forum has close to 40,000 members - many of who are no doubt Bots. But even within the regular posting membership, how can Admin closely check this?
#Well Jack they seem to be able to suspend or even ban some members without problems so surely deleting the demised shouldnt be to difficult.
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 16210
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by jackspratt » December 1, 2023, 9:02 pm

Well Val - how is Admin supposed to know who is demised?

And I am quite sure Ronnie would strongly object to any suggestion that he be "deleted". :D

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17506
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by tamada » December 2, 2023, 2:47 am

Don't provide the forum with your date of birth.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

User avatar
Stantheman
udonmap.com
Posts: 1494
Joined: February 9, 2009, 3:33 am
Location: USA (For Now)

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by Stantheman » December 2, 2023, 5:21 am

Old Grumpy wrote:
December 1, 2023, 8:39 pm
jackspratt wrote:
December 1, 2023, 7:45 pm
I was a bit confused about where you were coming from on this one, Val - but then I stumbled upon this:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 193848.png

How do you suggest this can be monitored? UM Forum has close to 40,000 members - many of who are no doubt Bots. But even within the regular posting membership, how can Admin closely check this?
#Well Jack they seem to be able to suspend or even ban some members without problems so surely deleting the demised shouldnt be to difficult.
Now they just need to figure out who is demised. Example, if I died how whould they know, no members, except one, know me.

User avatar
Old Grumpy
udonmap.com
Posts: 386
Joined: April 28, 2018, 10:36 am

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by Old Grumpy » December 2, 2023, 9:23 am

jackspratt wrote:
December 1, 2023, 9:02 pm
Well Val - how is Admin supposed to know who is demised?

And I am quite sure Ronnie would strongly object to any suggestion that he be "deleted". :D
Well Jack we do have an obituaries column which if confined to its title heading of friends and loved ones would be easy. Instead of that it is full of long forgotten
singers ,footballers even politicians that most of us have never met yet been friends with , which if they qualify as famous could all be read about in numerous periodicals all on line . :-k
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17506
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by tamada » December 2, 2023, 10:37 am

Good grief.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 15135
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by 747man » December 2, 2023, 12:49 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 1, 2023, 7:45 pm
I was a bit confused about where you were coming from on this one, Val - but then I stumbled upon this:

Screenshot 2023-12-01 193848.png

How do you suggest this can be monitored? UM Forum has close to 40,000 members - many of who are no doubt Bots. But even within the regular posting membership, how can Admin closely check this?
40,000 ?? Are YOU Sure ?? Maybe you've put an extra 0 On that number...... :lol: :lol:

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 15135
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by 747man » December 2, 2023, 12:51 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 1, 2023, 9:02 pm
Well Val - how is Admin supposed to know who is demised?

And I am quite sure Ronnie would strongly object to any suggestion that he be "deleted". :D
Who the Hell is Ronnie ??

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 3635
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by Bandung_Dero » December 2, 2023, 3:19 pm

jackspratt wrote:
December 1, 2023, 7:45 pm
<Snip>
UM Forum has close to 40,000 members - many of who are no doubt Bots. But even within the regular posting membership, .........
I'm currently estimating about 20 to 30!

As to the OP:-
As far as I'm concerned obituaries are fine but birthdays = Who cares??
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

User avatar
Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 10061
Joined: October 14, 2013, 4:39 pm

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by Drunk Monkey » December 3, 2023, 8:00 am

Arrr yes Ron , Chicago fireman resided in udon with his missus many a year regular at CC .. a great character and all round good egg sadly passed but not forgotten.
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 4928
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by FrazeeDK » December 3, 2023, 4:04 pm

39,507 users as shown in the users field when you do up a PM
Dave

Whistler
udonmap.com
Posts: 5683
Joined: June 15, 2019, 8:24 pm

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by Whistler » December 3, 2023, 4:23 pm

Shouldn't UM's delete their profile if they die? Just cluttering up the site, it's like they don't care anymore

User avatar
Irish Alan
udonmap.com
Posts: 3610
Joined: April 1, 2007, 7:22 am
Location: ขอนแก่น

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by Irish Alan » December 3, 2023, 5:27 pm

747man wrote:Who the Hell is Ronnie ??
AZ NY Ron. Member since 2006 and a regular attendee at the monthly meetings.
Whistler wrote:
December 3, 2023, 4:23 pm
Shouldn't UM's delete their profile if they die? Just cluttering up the site, it's like they don't care anymore
You sound like my ex-wife (re my drum gear).

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 15135
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by 747man » December 3, 2023, 6:43 pm

747man wrote:
Who the Hell is Ronnie ??
AZ NY Ron. Member since 2006 and a regular attendee at the monthly meetings.......

Ahhh ! ! O.K. Think We Wwer introduced at one of those meetings, Just Didn't know him as Ronnie !!

User avatar
tamada
udonmap.com
Posts: 17506
Joined: February 21, 2007, 4:03 am
Location: Down two...then left

Re: Birthday announcements

Post by tamada » December 3, 2023, 10:01 pm

Whistler wrote:
December 3, 2023, 4:23 pm
Shouldn't UM's delete their profile if they die? Just cluttering up the site, it's like they don't care anymore
New rule: Members must notify UM admin when they have demised.
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Post Reply

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”