plien
udonmap.com

Re: Slow speed again.

Post by plien » December 15, 2009, 12:49 pm

Now the frontpage is loading again, as of this morning. :? :D

Jungle Dave

Post by Jungle Dave » December 15, 2009, 3:11 pm

I use a VPN service from the USA - it costs $20 per month but well worth the peace of mind knowing no one of authority in Thailand or whatever country I am in can know what I do, where I go, or know what I write on the Web. It also allows me download bittorrents without being "throttled" by the local ISP - of which TOT ADSL is known to do.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 26, 2010, 10:13 am

For the last 24 hours speed hads been miserable (in UK) for Udonmap - takes over a minute to load EVERY page with frequent server errors, page not found, etc. No problems with other internet sites

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 26, 2010, 10:22 am

Hi Rick, I'm working on this issue at the moment. Server load has increased 10-fold for some bizarre reason and the CPU is maxed out. Sorry for the inconvenience while I work on this issue. Hopefully we'll be back up to full speed shortly.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » January 26, 2010, 5:43 pm

Thanks lee, it is working fine now.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » January 26, 2010, 5:53 pm

it wold appear to be a tad better, but nowhere near the speed it was some two or three weeks ago.
I appreciate that the server may be maxed out but I sincerely hope this will be attended too in the not too distant future.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » January 26, 2010, 6:30 pm

A couple of days ago I upgraded a couple of forum codes to their latest version. Unfortunately the upgrade didn't go as smoothly as planned and the old style was lost during the process. Everything is back up and running now however the style is still work in progress.

The bad luck continued today when I discovered that yesterday evening the server was hacked which caused the memory and CPU to max out, and generally cause many errors all over the site. I have a temporary fix in place until I can work out which files have been hacked. However as far as I can see the forum is working at the same speed as before, if not faster.

Aardvark
udonmap.com

Post by Aardvark » January 27, 2010, 8:21 am

Lee, you may notice that some Topics have duplicated, "Australia Day" as one example !

Bower
udonmap.com

Post by Bower » January 28, 2010, 5:45 am

Good work Lee, when i pay to use the site i might bitch but i joined for info and have found a good place to stay in Udon, how to get there, and where to drink. Its worked for me, Thank you.

I think i am thanking the right guy? :lol:

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » January 30, 2010, 6:01 pm

For the last week TOT speeds were fairly acceptable considering this is LOS. Today however have once again dropped off to dial up speeds. Waste of time complaining especially at weekends :mrgreen:

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”