Gays Allowed?

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
inspired

Gays Allowed?

Post by inspired » December 14, 2009, 11:26 pm

I ask the question having followed the board and seen comments such as all members are welcome, including your girl.

I just wonder whether I should move on and find another board rather than join this one

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: Gays Allowed?

Post by BKKSTAN » December 15, 2009, 10:59 am

Up to you,but it seems to me,you are the one making an issue of it!I have gay friends!Just like for anyone else,your behavior is the determining factor whether you establish relationships.IMO,most of us are open to all types of people,but as in any group,there will be some that might not accept gays.

If 100% acceptance is your need or demand,I would suggest that you find a group of like minded individuals in relationship to gayness and stay there! :roll:

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 15, 2009, 11:23 am

I think you will find that if there is any discrimination by members purely on the basis of your sexual preferences, they will soon be sorted out by peer pressure (rather than requiring the wisdom of the Mods). =D>

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » December 15, 2009, 2:06 pm

You have received two positive and supportive answers. I don't have anything to add except to say welcome.

However, if you don't find what you are looking for on Udonmap, have a look here:
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Gay-Peopl ... 7a6b5e5b06

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

Post by SanukJoe » December 15, 2009, 2:13 pm

"all members are welcome, including your girl."

More correct would be: including your guest. But then again one could complain that their long time friend (male or female) is not their guest but their life partner.... you can go on and on and on.

Relax "Inspired", this is Thailand, a country with a high tolerance towards gays, lady boys, transvestites and it is up to you to make problems. I have not met any discrimination over here, which cannot be said from a lot of so called civilised countries.

This board is about Udon and I'm sure everybody is welcome, no matter race, religion, sexuality.

So have yourself "inspired" by the wonderful things in Udon and the day-to-day exchange of opinions/thoughts on this website Udon map.

Cheers
Joe

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » December 15, 2009, 2:53 pm

Welcome to the forum inspired. Everyone is welcome on here, no matter what your background. We also have a couple of gay sponsors which you've probably read about already.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 15, 2009, 3:04 pm

That's an odd first post.

... like a cat marking his territory. :badteeth:

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » December 15, 2009, 5:45 pm

inspired wrote:I ask the question having followed the board and seen comments such as all members are welcome, including your girl.

I just wonder whether I should move on and find another board rather than join this one
Upon reading your post I thought you were referring to the night market get together's. Such a comment was typically a reply to 1st time attendee's asking if their girlfriend/wife were welcome. I'm not sure how else you've reached the conclusion that this forum is anti-gay. As matter fact I can only think of to BM who openly admitted their sexual preference and were welcome without question. Stay or leave whatever, but I don't think you should make accusations or assumptions of this board solely based on the above comment [-X

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » December 15, 2009, 8:06 pm

Khun Sanuk Joe, can you list a few of the 'uncivilised' countries?

How do we know if a country is civilised or not?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 15, 2009, 8:53 pm

Tilokarat wrote:Khun Sanuk Joe, can you list a few of the 'uncivilised' countries?

How do we know if a country is civilised or not?
Khun Tilo I suspect it is all to do with the attitude and actions of the cats, and their territory. :roll:

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » December 17, 2009, 4:57 pm

A long time ago when making my first post on Udonmap, I didn't feel the need to openly state my sexuality

Its a general discussion forum and ones sexual preference should not need to be known by anyone else except yourself on this forum - unless it was a topic up for discussion.

Its like someone asking if its ok join the forum - because I am hetrosexual - it matters little !

As you have obviously read the forum previously - what particular issues or topics prompted your question ?

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 17, 2009, 5:39 pm

As someone who has some gay friends (well, one) I would say some of the comments on some threads i would say were not very gay friendly; as some comments are also not very friendly to some ethnic/religious groups. It's a bit like real life; some will accept you, some tolerate you and some will criticise you. If the comments are direct and abusive, you have the right to expect redress and action from the moderators.

I do believe there are a few gay posters; but not many. Can only suggest you try it and see.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 17, 2009, 5:40 pm

I collect stamps. I this forum friendly to stamp collectors? :D

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 17, 2009, 5:58 pm

No. :D

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » December 17, 2009, 8:14 pm

I imagine if stamp collectors suffered from widespread prejudice and intolerance, they might also be tempted to suss out a forum they were looking to join.

lepidoptra
udonmap.com

Post by lepidoptra » December 17, 2009, 9:15 pm

There are 2 posts 'Gays Allowed' . I don't know which way to turn :evil:

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 17, 2009, 9:52 pm

over.

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » December 17, 2009, 9:53 pm

sorry. forgot the :D

inspired

Post by inspired » December 17, 2009, 10:56 pm

I am relaxed, but having been a member of other boards ...

however I now live in Udon so it is not whether I'll watch the board, or partake,. The majority of responses reassure me and I am sure that we'll turn up somewhere some time in person.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » December 17, 2009, 11:13 pm

ok heres one for you,im not gay but my boyfriend is ,am i still welcome on the forum :D :D \:D/ \:D/

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”