Jackspratt's Avatar

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
Locked

Should jackspratt Delete His Wobbly Bum Avatar?

Poll ended at June 17, 2010, 8:54 pm

Yes
16
26%
No
45
74%
 
Total votes: 61

User avatar
Mainer
udonmap.com
Posts: 409
Joined: October 28, 2006, 8:52 am
Location: Thailand

Jackspratt's Avatar

Post by Mainer » June 16, 2010, 12:06 pm

jackspratt wrote:
ears'n'eye's wrote:
jackspratt wrote:Couple of points missed jimbo:

My dad's bigger than yours.

Yeah! Well my dad's a policeman.

So on, ad infinitum................. yawn!!!!


as we can see from your avatar you are mostly talking from your arsehole
Yawn............!

BTW, whatever happened to your "big, tough bonehead" avatar? :roll:
jacksprat, we have the option to change our avitars whenever we want. Yours it the most offense on this forum for women and children to see. And, yes, they do read it, and/or view it. It might be more appropriate on a porn site.



User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10576
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Jackspratt's Avatar

Post by jackspratt » June 16, 2010, 1:02 pm

Mainer I think you will find this discussion has been held before on UM.

At the time I offered to remove the avatar if:

- the Mods requested it, or

- there was strong objection from a number of forum members.

Neither occurred (in fact, just the opposite from members), so the avatar remains.

It is unfortunate if you, or others in your presence find it offensive. However, this is a forum for grown-ups.

User avatar
Aardvark
udonmap.com
Posts: 5765
Joined: March 5, 2007, 9:08 am
Location: Perth Australia and Udon

Re: Jackspratt's Avatar

Post by Aardvark » June 16, 2010, 3:03 pm

I hope you include me in that last group :shock:

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 2491
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: Jackspratt's Avatar

Post by Bandung_Dero » June 16, 2010, 3:25 pm

Jack I was going to comment along time ago about the avatar but bit my tong. I had to explain to TW what it and avatars are all about some time ago when she came up behind me whilst viewing this site. Took some explaining to convince her that I was not getting my rocks off on some dodgy site!

if it's so important to you why don't you use it on TV? IMO your original is much better anyway.

User avatar
ears'n'eye's
udonmap.com
Posts: 112
Joined: January 30, 2010, 5:03 am

Re: Jackspratt's Avatar

Post by ears'n'eye's » June 16, 2010, 5:11 pm

jackspratt wrote:Mainer I think you will find this discussion has been held before on UM.

At the time I offered to remove the avatar if:

- the Mods requested it, or

- there was strong objection from a number of forum members.

Neither occurred (in fact, just the opposite from members), so the avatar remains.

It is unfortunate if you, or others in your presence find it offensive. However, this is a forum for grown-ups.
if this is a forum for grown ups why do you use it??

many people are decent on this site dont forget that
so the mods are wrong? and you are wrong?. you should remove it? sexist and unintelgent and vulgar come to mind. would you do this on a family show in your town of origin? comes to mind the the slob with no shirt and no shoes in the nobi's thread, dear you are letting yourself and the rest of expats down in Udon? grow up.

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10576
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Jackspratt's Avatar

Post by jackspratt » June 16, 2010, 5:24 pm

ears'n'eye's wrote: if this is a forum for grown ups why do you use it??
Because I don't have to ask my mum every time I log in. Obviously you do. :D
many people are decent on this site dont forget that
so the mods are wrong? and you are wrong?. you should remove it? sexist and unintelgent and vulgar come to mind. would you do this on a family show in your town of origin? comes to mind the the slob with no shirt and no shoes in the nobi's thread, dear you are letting yourself and the rest of expats down in Udon? grow up.
Unintelligible gibberish - as one would expect from a "retro" (sic) boy.

Please read my post above again. :roll:

User avatar
BobHelm
udonmap.com
Posts: 18404
Joined: September 7, 2005, 11:58 pm
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Jackspratt's Avatar

Post by BobHelm » June 16, 2010, 6:15 pm

This is becoming off topic but I will reply to the Avator issue & the suggestion that Moderators are not doing their job by allowing Jack to continue with his.
Quite simple....
Go to User Control Panel at the left hand side of nearly every page.
Click on the Board preferences tab
Click on the Edit display options
Click on Display avatars: NO option
Problem removed.
Sadly this issue is a bit of a reflection of this complete thread - too much suposition & name calling & too little information based on the truth!! :shock: :shock:
If anyone has anything further to add, PLEASE keep it to the subject & remember that 'name calling' is not only against the Forum rules but does little to enhance any information given by anyone indulging in it!!

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10576
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

jackspratt's Avatar

Post by jackspratt » June 16, 2010, 8:54 pm

When I originally introduced my avatar many months (? maybe 1+ years) ago, I recognised it would not be universally popular.

From memory, at the time I said I was happy to withdraw it if the Mods were not happy, or there was a strong "anti" feeling amongst the regular Forum contributors. This was at a time when many tit-centric avatars were the norm - Beer Monkey seemed to find a new one almost every other week. :D

Also from memory, there was very little negative reaction to my avatar - from either the Mods, or members.

However, a seemingly new conservative reaction against the avatar is occurring. My original offer still stands - I am happy to listen to the "ayes" and "nays".

Or to make it more scientific (that will appeal to ronan and marshall), a Poll seems appropriate. :D

Of course, those who do not like the avatar have the ability to either block my posts, or block all avatars - in which case they (or those who look over their shoulders) will not have to suffer any further. =D>

User avatar
LoongLee
udonmap.com
Posts: 845
Joined: February 15, 2009, 8:54 pm
Location: Virginia- Sic Semper Tyrannis

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by LoongLee » June 16, 2010, 9:02 pm

JackS,,,,,,,, I have no problem with your avatar whatsoever,,,,,,,,, I enjoy it everytime I see it (unlike some of your posts I disagree with :lol: ).

I also do not have a problem with my wife or any age child seeing it. I would hope that every human realizes they have buttocks and don't find them offensive. Any one that does should just follow BobHelm's advice and set their preferences for this forum different...... Cheers,,,, LL

User avatar
Texpat
udonmap.com
Posts: 1324
Joined: July 21, 2007, 1:43 am

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by Texpat » June 16, 2010, 9:26 pm

Being disrespectful to other posters will get you a VIP seat on the express train to Banned Camp.
I would be careful not to disrespect other posters. There are some awfully thin skins around.

JS's avatar is likely his only redeeming quality. Keep it.

jimboLV
udonmap.com
Posts: 863
Joined: May 3, 2009, 12:31 pm
Location: Amnat Charoen

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by jimboLV » June 16, 2010, 10:35 pm

Quite frankly, I don't understand the purpose of avatars. Until I got involved in this forum I thought avatars were the purview of 13 year old girls and 30 somethings who still live with their parents in a basement room littered with empty pizza boxes, and was somewhat surprised that grown men would be putting up juvenile avatars. However, since they do seem to hold some fascination with this crowd, I find JS avatar amusing and always enjoy looking at it and would not vote to to remove it. To those worried about impressionable children seeing it, I would suggest that those "impressionable children" have seen much worse on the internet when you aren't around. There is nothing you can do to convince them that human buttocks do not exist. You've lost the battle already. But if it makes you feel good go ahead and block the avatars.

User avatar
Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com
Posts: 5411
Joined: February 7, 2007, 9:12 am
Location: ຫຼວງພຣະບາງ, ວຽງຈັນ, ສະຫວັນນະເຂດ, ສ.ປ.ປ; ໂຕຮວນໂຕ (โทรอนโต), ແຄນາດາ (แคนาดา)

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » June 16, 2010, 10:44 pm

Turn it around once in awhile to make the 'members' feel happier! 55555

User avatar
Bilko
udonmap.com
Posts: 133
Joined: February 15, 2010, 12:39 am
Location: Limbo

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by Bilko » June 16, 2010, 10:48 pm

Can't you get her to turn round :shock:

User avatar
beer monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 14553
Joined: January 1, 2006, 8:08 am
Contact:

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by beer monkey » June 16, 2010, 11:00 pm

and was somewhat surprised that grown men would be putting up juvenile avatars.
It Surprises Me Too Jimbo....No Seriously It Does,But I Love Av's,(I made the Leo one myself) I think it adds a bit of sparkle/colour and the poster is Recognizable by the Av rather than Username (If They Stick With The Same One of Course)...its only some Buttocks after all.!!........lets face it maniers could be aimed at Upsetting the French....or bkkbutchers be supporting Axe wielding Homicidal Maniacs or KP's could upset Muslims Living In UK....KP..Did you get planning permission from the Local Council to fly it..?
This has only come up because Eyes + ears man is looking for a way to hit one back to jackspratt because of the posts JS makes when The SS topic gets brought back to the surface...its not about bum cheek Av's... imo.
Anyhow...I am sure Jack would take it off if asked...just like i did when he asked me to remove one years back.

Thanks....Must Dash...... Image

User avatar
Prenders88
udonmap.com
Posts: 3482
Joined: July 7, 2005, 12:51 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by Prenders88 » June 16, 2010, 11:37 pm

Take no notice of the knockers Jack.
The swinging arse is your trademark, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

patriot
udonmap.com
Posts: 573
Joined: August 12, 2006, 9:07 pm

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by patriot » June 17, 2010, 12:23 am

I am behind you on this, JS.

User avatar
panick
udonmap.com
Posts: 1376
Joined: February 9, 2006, 1:53 pm
Location: 7 kms out!

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by panick » June 17, 2010, 12:31 am

If you lose it'll be because of a bum wrap for sure ;)
I vote for let the bum stay =P~

User avatar
nkstan
udonmap.com
Posts: 1909
Joined: December 18, 2009, 12:44 pm

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by nkstan » June 17, 2010, 1:20 am

I have no problem with it,although I would like some variety for viewing.She has become old hat! :lol:

User avatar
rickfarang
udonmap.com
Posts: 2350
Joined: January 1, 2006, 6:01 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by rickfarang » June 17, 2010, 1:58 am

That is not what I want to see when I read threads on this board. I often bypass JS's postings because, frankly, his avitar makes me feel like loosing my lunch sometimes. Thank you for asking.

User avatar
beer monkey
udonmap.com
Posts: 14553
Joined: January 1, 2006, 8:08 am
Contact:

Re: jackspratt's Avatar

Post by beer monkey » June 17, 2010, 1:59 am

rickfarang wrote: I often bypass JS's postings because,....
yeah i know what you mean..Image

Locked

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”