New Ranking System?

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements

Do you think we should keep forum ranks?

Yes
22%
No
78%

Total votes: 27

JimboPSM
udonmap.com

Re: New Ranking System?

Post by JimboPSM » June 21, 2010, 10:13 am

Although there may be some minor drawbacks to the ranking system, a “higher” rank does (IMHO) give an indication that there is a reasonable chance (but not a guarantee) that the poster may know what he is talking about.

That would actually seem to be a fairly important aspect in a forum that, certainly in its early days, was primarily aiming to be informative about Udon Thani.

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 21, 2010, 5:03 pm

May I thankyou Trubrit for a sensible answer unlike the answere given to me by a Moderator who either couldn't or wouldn't state plainly what is required, while i agree with all sentiments given, yes there is a need for a role to be played to edit the chaos and sometimes dare i say it the pointed attacks on others. However if this is a family forum there has of late been too much of what I would say is not for tender ears at all, so perhaps if commonsense was going to prevail then these comments or even posts need to be regulated firmly. If being a Mod requiores commonsense it allso will require for you to stand and be counted in dealing with posters who do transgress without fear or favour and worrying not about the backlash which some are bound to attempt to deliver.
But enough of my thoughts, and oh yes Arjay I did indeed read your post that is why I asked the question, did you NOT read mine or did you immediately spring to the defence of the indefensible. Commonsense is required by us all including Mods I think here.

jimboLV
udonmap.com

Post by jimboLV » June 21, 2010, 5:16 pm

Anyone who relies on a ranking system to determine a poster's credibility, especially one based solely on the number of posts, has a serious lack of judgment IMHO.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » June 21, 2010, 5:25 pm

Khun Paul wrote:Now I note that apart from Mod all other seemingly useless titles/ ranks etc will be done away with.
Titles haven't been done away with, they are still there i.e. member, moderator, sponsor, webmaster etc.

Rank titles (guru, old hat etc) have been removed and will hopefully be replaced with a better system.
Khun Paul wrote:Why and what qualities are needed to achieve Mod status. A simple question that MAY need a fuller answer than Forum management decide OK!
Mod user is not acheived, it's appointed by management when required.

With regards to moderators, I look for someone I can trust, and someone who is patient and level headed. ;)

parrot
udonmap.com

Post by parrot » June 21, 2010, 7:15 pm

"With regards to moderators, I look for someone I can trust, and someone who is patient and level headed."

That settles that!

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » June 21, 2010, 7:24 pm

parrot wrote:"With regards to moderators, I look for someone I can trust, and someone who is patient and level headed."

That settles that!
Well that definitely rules me out . Whilst I consider myself to be both trustworthy and level headed. I am most certainly not patient, in fact. I do not tolerate fools readily and would , without doubt, provoke many posters rather than moderate their submissions .So I leave the important job to those who have already demonstrated a greater degree of tolerance than I ever could . :-"
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » June 21, 2010, 8:10 pm

As the OP of this thread, my question about removing/changing the ranking system for members has long since been answered by Lee so, IMO, this thread should be locked. A discussion about moderator qualifications was not my intention. Anyone who disagrees should think about starting their own thread concerning mods. Or not. :lol:

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » June 22, 2010, 6:06 am

Thankyou Lee for your comments which I take on board and agree with heartily, coupled with commonsense your choices should be excellent.
All Moderators please note bye.

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”