GateWay TimeOut

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
Dakoda
udonmap.com

GateWay TimeOut

Post by Dakoda » February 4, 2007, 10:35 am

Seems to be hard to get to site from thailand last couple of days, "GateWay timeout". Seems to be ok when coming thru a (US) proxy! Go figure!

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 4, 2007, 4:41 pm

I have received a couple of reports from forum members about the same problem. I have no idea what it is yet, maybe yet another ISP problem.

Thanks to everyone for keeping me informed of the problems.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 4, 2007, 7:55 pm

Last night at the forum meeting ,jetdoc said he lost the ability to get on the site!

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 5, 2007, 8:15 am

Made it a quiet weekend, it seems :lol:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 5, 2007, 11:30 am

Hi Daks, Stan, Jetdoc et all, what ISP's are you using? I'm using a combination of AIS GPRS and TT&T ADSL, both are fine and the forum is running like clock work. I even tried dial-up while I was in KK and everything was working fine.

This therefore indicates the problem is client side i.e. ISP's, and not server side i.e. udonmap.com. I have website monitoring software from internetseer.com and it alerts me immediately if there is any sort of problem with the website/server, so far I

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 5, 2007, 12:23 pm

From looking at the stats there have been a drop in visitors the last few days from the Thailand region.

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 5, 2007, 9:13 pm

Think it might be TOT connections, but why is another story, works great for every other site I connect to, but this one need a proxy, else gateway timeout! Got email from others (including Ray) they can't access site.

wickder
udonmap.com

Post by wickder » February 5, 2007, 9:43 pm

I have been having the occasional problem accessing the site and that is through Loxinfo,JI NETand TOT.
Just trying to help the locals

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 6, 2007, 8:24 am

Seems to be ok, at this time. First time here in days without using a proxy!

the Emoticons look (on the left) look strange. :lol: :roll: :cry: =P~

Robtaff
udonmap.com

Post by Robtaff » February 6, 2007, 8:53 am

It's working great here in Wales :D

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 6, 2007, 9:11 pm

Think this is a local thinge. And yes it is still not working! Maybe someone should call TOT, sorry I am not here during the daytime, plus I can use a proxy :lol:

Oh, and whats with the smiles on the left? A work in progress, Lee?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 6, 2007, 11:48 pm

Dakoda wrote:Oh, and whats with the smiles on the left? A work in progress, Lee?
Can you elaborate, or are you talking about the missing question and exclamation mark emoticons? :confused:

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 7, 2007, 7:08 am

lee wrote:
Dakoda wrote:Oh, and whats with the smiles on the left? A work in progress, Lee?
Can you elaborate, or are you talking about the missing question and exclamation mark emoticons? :confused:

lol is now a -

<- a few well it looks like 3 - = . maybe it just on my system?

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 7, 2007, 10:52 am

This is the reply that I received from the host:
We are aware that since the earthquake in Taiwan, some of the local ISP's haven't yet re-routed their traffic to the proper internet backbone.
Dakoda wrote:lol is now a -

<- a few well it looks like 3 - = . maybe it just on my system?
:?

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » February 7, 2007, 12:33 pm

Dakoda wrote:Think it might be TOT connections, but why is another story, works great for every other site I connect to, but this one need a proxy, else gateway timeout! Got email from others (including Ray) they can't access site.
Maybe some of those who are unable to access site aren't waiting long enough? Granted that not many have the time or patience to watch a gray screen for a long time but....

My Ipstar broadband satellite connection via TT&T was giving me super slow (usually one minute or longer, sometimes up to five minutes) connections for this website only. Experienced this problem for over a month but then out of the blue it started working normally again with page downloads within a few seconds. Banpaeng was experiencing the same with his TOT ADSL when he was in Udon and his also started working normally on its own. Must be a cyclic problem. Who will start experiencing the problem next?

Lastly, while I was experiencing the problem I tried from a few internet places around town and had no problem connecting at all. This seemed to indicate the problem was the way my ISP was addressing the server (according to another member, shortimer). Wish there was a fix for it but hard to convince ISP they have a problem when only one website seems to be affected.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » February 7, 2007, 1:42 pm

Actually, I would suspect that the problem was with the Taiwan earthquake. This web site is hosted in the States - so if your ISP was routing things through the Taiwn region, you may have had problems. Each ISP has their own unique way of routing traffic, and the receiving host also has its own unique way of receiving and transmitting information.

I had no problems accessing this web site - or any others with the exception of one. On that web site I could access the home page without any troubles, but when I moved over to their secure servers, I was unable to access them.
Ain't Easy Being Me

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » February 7, 2007, 8:17 pm

Doc, are you using TOT?

Still using a proxy, its not that no one waits, its that they DO wait and then get the "GATEWAY TIMEOUT" message!

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » February 7, 2007, 9:18 pm

This is the only web site i get the "gateway timeout" message on.I also get the message "internet explorer cannot access udonmap.com about twice a day.No other sites give these messages.

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » February 8, 2007, 12:19 pm

lee wrote:This is the reply that I received from the host:
We are aware that since the earthquake in Taiwan, some of the local ISP's haven't yet re-routed their traffic to the proper internet backbone.
I'm accessing udonmap.com and all other websites without ANY problems here on the ring road in Udon Thani.

I'm using a combination of TT&T ADSL and AIS GPRS, both are working fine. I have never received any errors via any browser.

If there is a problem with the website this would effect ALL users.

This is an ISP routing problem, maybe because of the server location in the US. Users in Udon who are accessing other websites hosted in Texas may experience the same problems.

Unfortunately there's not much I can do without any ISP information from our users. They can't read this so are unaware that they need to send their ISP details for me to follow the problem up. So I guess they'll just have to wait for their ISP to sort the problem out.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

nola-udon
udonmap.com

cannot receive udonmap

Post by nola-udon » February 8, 2007, 2:36 pm

I am currently using pc at my brother-in-law's home. he does not use TOT ADSL as i do in my home. i have no idea how things get arround this wonderful world of ours, but they are certainly not getting out of first home village to the udonmap site. isn't someone responsible for interfacing with this ISP to trouble shoot problems??? maybe the server used here was dropped of the line when the problems with the earthquake in taiwan happened. it might only be a matter of letting someone at ISP know this. again i ask, who is responsible for this???

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”