Forum Classified Section

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Forum Classified Section

Post by Kudjap or Bust » February 24, 2007, 7:20 pm

Whats the deal with the Classified section of the forum when I tried to reply to a post I got the following

Sorry, but only moderators can reply to posts in this forum.

Why?? Or is it an error??

ntvillas2
udonmap.com

Post by ntvillas2 » February 24, 2007, 7:51 pm

Yes i got the same as well
ntvillas-com

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 24, 2007, 8:46 pm

I would of thought that classified ads are just that, and not really a topic to reply to, i think it a good idea, if someone wishes to sell something they can advertise with-out the posts after asking questions and sometimes ruining the chances of someone trying to sell their goods.
As the adverts would say ..."for more info" call.......0898*******.
Thats my thoughts anyway.
If a poster posted in classifieds by mistake they can easily conntact lee or a Mod to have it placed in the correct section.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » February 24, 2007, 9:21 pm

I totally disagree....I think there should be an option to reply for basic information if its missed out in the initial ad.. that way the seller doesn't get a heap of telephone calls and the populus know exactly whats for sale

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 24, 2007, 10:12 pm

I agree in what you are saying about the basic info not being put in the initial ad,but if they want to sell something then a good description inc price good easy contact numbers and if poss a photo is really a must, so who cares about the "seller" getting heaps of calls because they left out some info, thats only their problem, surely you are better speaking to a "live" person anyway if you are seriously interested in the item/goods or whatever advertised.
The PM system works well too, just to keep things private if you wish. :D

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » February 24, 2007, 10:21 pm

I both agree and disagree. I agree that we ought to be allowed to ask a few questions about the item or property advertised, however it's in bad taste to undermine an advert. I'm referring to a recent post in classifieds about a rental on the Mekong in NK. People slammed the advertisor because they thought the price was out of line. [-X
I attempted to reply to the post, but was given the message "only moderators can reply". What I attempted to do, was defend the poster. I've seen photos of the property in question. IMO, it's well worth the money the poster is asking. Beautiful views of the river from a big veranda and a big expansive lawn, plus the house and amenities are very nice.
Whether you agree with the price someone is asking or not, it's the posters perogative to ask whatever they damn well please.
And, no, I am not a friend of nor have I ever met the poster of the post mentioned above.

Bigthaifamily

Post by Bigthaifamily » February 24, 2007, 10:43 pm

I am all for asking some questions.

john2005
udonmap.com

Post by john2005 » February 24, 2007, 11:12 pm

I think comments are a good idea as they can help those who are a little "green" and lack knowledge of say a particular property market.
jingjai wrote:IMO, it's well worth the money the poster is asking
I can only assume you live in Udon and not Nong Khai as your opinion is not based on fact.To someone reading this thread it's of no help.

I live in Nong Khai on the river in a new four bedroom with a pool and pay less than the two bedroom without a pool that you think is such great value. :roll:

A big lawn does not add any value to a letting.People with a few pounds to spend want a nice view,lots of rooms and a pool.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 24, 2007, 11:27 pm

I too was concerned that I could not reply to comments made about the NK property.I happen to know the property and the owner!Although some people believe the price is to high,I would tell them that this is not an ordinary property.This is a property on the Mekong river,where his land value is approx 2M and I happen to know that this property had superior oversight in design and building with ''extra'' care in workmanship and ememities,not a tract or subdivision type construction,although the 3 plots surrounding it are occupied by falangs,which is another plus.

The bottomline is it is a unique and rare find for a falang looking to live on the bank of the river.Therefore ,it priced accordingly.Add to that ,the fact that this is his pride and joy residence makes it a property of higher rent value,IMO!!

Now as far as posting in classified postings,I have changed my mind about thinking that it should be allowed!

I think that a classified post should stand alone and any questions or comments should be made through a PM or telephone!Sometimes the ads get lost in comments and questions of which some people opinions,are detrimental or unduly given a negative influence!

panick
udonmap.com

Post by panick » February 24, 2007, 11:39 pm

Perhaps the classified adds could be modified to be like the "Ask seller a question" on e.bay.......all posts/comments/questions would go directly to the advertiser, to which he can privately reply to OR post a public reply if he feels it is relevant to the add :-k

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 24, 2007, 11:42 pm

bkstan wrote:I think that a classified post should stand alone and any questions or comments should be made through a PM or telephone!Sometimes the ads get lost in comments and questions of which some people opinions,are detrimental or unduly given a negative influence!
There is nothing wrong with getting more info if anyone feels something has been left out,but it must be better just to pm or call the number provided if someone is "genuinely" interested,and i agree that sometimes the ads do get lost amongst the opinions.

stans estate agency wrote:I too was concerned that I could not reply to comments made about the NK property.I happen to know the property and the owner!Although some people believe the price is to high,I would tell them that this is not an ordinary property.This is a property on the Mekong river,where his land value is approx 2M and I happen to know that this property had superior oversight in design and building with ''extra'' care in workmanship and ememities,not a tract or subdivision type construction,although the 3 plots surrounding it are occupied by falangs,which is another plus.

The bottomline is it is a unique and rare find for a falang looking to live on the bank of the river.Therefore ,it priced accordingly.Add to that ,the fact that this is his pride and joy residence makes it a property of higher rent value,IMO!!
very good sales pitch,you could get work in selling "real Estate" stan . :D

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 25, 2007, 12:13 am

:lol: Funny you mentioned that!I did take 6 real estate related college night courses in the early 70's and I did get a Real Estate agents license in California at that time,which I never used to make RE sales.
I happen to know this property as I searched for land on the river for over a year after moving to NK,I eventually purchased an acre plot on the river as an investment property for my wife!I have no intention of building a personal residence,but I have considered building a 3-6 home development for sales or subdividing and selling individual plots!
In my search and research,I came in contact with this individual who not only built this home, but has built 3 other rental properties on the river that are fully occupied!I would say that he knows the value of his property and those that compare by price alone,are not talking about comparable properties or living environment!
His particular property would be worth 10,000B per month to me,but I would not want to move after 2 years!To others it is worth more and to some less.It really depends on the needs/wants of individuals
I paid 32000B per month in Bangkok for a property that now rents for 60,000B.It was worh 32K to me ,it would not be worth 60K to me,but it is to another falang that lives there now!
I pay 4500B for my rental in NK proper and it is worth 7-8K to me(don't tell my landlord).There are properties within the town that rent for 30K and 40K.They are worth that to someone,but not me! :lol:

wickder
udonmap.com

Post by wickder » February 25, 2007, 12:10 pm

stan wrote: and those that compare by price alone,are not talking about comparable properties or living environment!
You obviously did not read john2005's post.
I live in Nong Khai on the river in a new four bedroom with a pool and pay less than the two bedroom without a pool that you think is such great value.
I have been in John's place many times and seen the two bedroom you talk of.No comparison,John has a swimming pool and two more bedrooms. :roll:
Just trying to help the locals

polehawk
udonmap.com

Re: Forum Classified Section

Post by polehawk » February 25, 2007, 12:19 pm

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Whats the deal with the Classified section of the forum when I tried to reply to a post I got the following

Sorry, but only moderators can reply to posts in this forum.

Why?? Or is it an error??
In my opinion, any ad that is placed in a FORUM setting should be subject to questioning posts especially if the ad doesn't contain a sufficient amount of information. Maybe a section on the main page could be opened to allow this type of adverts with no provision for replies. Wait a minute. There is one already and it's called "Advertising". Might be a way to make a few extra baht from the "forum" ads, Lee?

Coot
udonmap.com

Post by Coot » February 25, 2007, 12:21 pm

The seller is banking on someone "just off the boat" from say the UK or USA who has been paying big money to rent in their home country.They compare to their home market and it seems very cheap.

The owner can charge what he likes,but it is not close to the "market" rate for those in the know.I would hope readers of the forum could be given the facts to help them if they have just arrived.

For information i rent a three bed Thai style house down river,on the river for 3000 Baht,with my school teacher neighbour paying 1800 Baht.No granite floors or a pool but neither has the house under discussion.
Bald is beautiful.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 25, 2007, 12:27 pm

I don't believe that you rent on the Mekong river for 3000baht!!

ntvillas2
udonmap.com

Post by ntvillas2 » February 25, 2007, 12:29 pm

Edited by Udon Mod Team

:lol:
ntvillas-com

Coot
udonmap.com

Post by Coot » February 25, 2007, 12:41 pm

I don't believe that you rent on the Mekong river for 3000baht!!
Not in town,down river.Ask arjay,he did some looking a while back.
Bald is beautiful.

jingjai
udonmap.com

Post by jingjai » February 25, 2007, 3:51 pm

john2005 wrote:I think comments are a good idea as they can help those who are a little "green" and lack knowledge of say a particular property market.
jingjai wrote:IMO, it's well worth the money the poster is asking
I can only assume you live in Udon and not Nong Khai as your opinion is not based on fact.To someone reading this thread it's of no help.

I live in Nong Khai on the river in a new four bedroom with a pool and pay less than the two bedroom without a pool that you think is such great value. :roll:

A big lawn does not add any value to a letting.People with a few pounds to spend want a nice view,lots of rooms and a pool.
You are correct, I live in Udon.
However, before Thailand, I lived for many years in Hawaii where views and nice peaceful surroundings are highly valued. I'm not attempting to compare Hawaii vs. Thailand, but for someone looking for riverfront property, one has to take what they can get or look elsewhere.
John, sounds like you got a great deal. Are there anymore available?
Supply and demand.
What I was attempting to say in my original post and I'm saying again, IMO, it's bad taste to put down a classified post.
Objective questions about the property or item is perfectly acceptable. That was the main point of my original post. Not the real estate market in Nong Khai.
Obviously, the administrator and moderators think the same, because it was after those particular posts, that they stopped allowing us to reply to a classified ad.

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » February 25, 2007, 4:13 pm

Can we stop arguing about the price of the house in Nong Khai.?

The discussion is about whether we should be able to reply to classified adverts in general.

I personally think that some people would perhaps like a little more information on a particular advert before deciding to get serious and call the person, and the forum is an ideal place to ask without any obligation which when calling 'live' sometimes happens.

My 50 satangs worth !

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”