50 post minimum???

Udon Thani Forum help, support, rules, & announcements
beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 9:14 pm

Would a child understand how to access a members only area anyway??? Im new to this forum and i just find it annoying that i cant follow up the posts i started out with. Can i make a forum topic under general and just spam there? Or could you grant me access anyway to this area Lee??? I sure wants to know whats going on here in Udon Thani.

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 9:18 pm

And in addition to my last post.

Wouldnt a child who knows how to create a user and access the members only area be able to post 50 times in this forum to get access to the area?

It just seems like a very strange way to handle with this. I used to run a phpbb forum long time ago and then we had registered members to apply for certain groups. Once applied the administrator could go in and grant access.

If you wanna make it harder to access this nightlife area that would be a better solution i think.

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 9:26 pm

The more i think about this.. the more i think 50 posts requirement is a bad choice. I think many of the actual viewers in this section are people who just visit udon thani for a short period. They heard about udonmap as a great resource to find out things. And if you want it to be 50 serious posts i dont think anyone will fill that requirement before they are already on their way back home. And then its to late to tell them about the nightlife.

Sure.. this is probably great for your sponsors. if you wanna know something about the nightlife in udon thani then you can only check out the sponsor places.

Please let me know about ALL Udon Thanis Nightlife will ya??

MacAdder
udonmap.com

Post by MacAdder » May 31, 2008, 10:21 pm

now your just upping your posts me BEEKAY :P

MacAdder
udonmap.com

Post by MacAdder » May 31, 2008, 10:27 pm

oh and Lee, please dont change it to 100 soon as i get to 49

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 10:29 pm

Im out of ideas on what to write.. i´m just hoping there will come up a new reason for me to post so i get my 50. Would be best if mr. Lee comes online and think about a new solution.

Im getting headache, hehe!

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » May 31, 2008, 10:34 pm

The Night Life section is really not all that interesting BK.
I am sure you will disappointed with its content.
Free the Doug 1

MacAdder
udonmap.com

Post by MacAdder » May 31, 2008, 10:35 pm

2 paracetamol then sit back in your chair and we will plug it in :P

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 10:40 pm

The Night Life section is really not all that interesting BK.
I am sure you will disappointed with its content.
Can i borrow your account Roy? Just to confirm it :P
2 paracetamol then sit back in your chair and we will plug it in
Thanks for the tip.. but now my headache is so bad that i dont wanna move from this nice chair :shock: Give me a reason to reply instead. I´m sure the the hadache will disappear once i reach the limit :razz:

MacAdder
udonmap.com

Post by MacAdder » May 31, 2008, 10:42 pm

woo hoo i made it and beet beekay to it .... som nam nah!!!

Roy
udonmap.com
Location: Outside LA's hoping to get a glimpse of his naked maid

Post by Roy » May 31, 2008, 10:55 pm

No problem McA
This is local news and should be viewed as such until such time it is not local news #-o
When it becomes Nightlife then it warrants being posted there, so well done to you.
Free the Doug 1

Kenn
udonmap.com

Post by Kenn » May 31, 2008, 11:22 pm

i never thought the nightlife section was all that risque
i have not even really checked out in a long time, but since i saw this post i went to check it out again, and it still isnt all that special

bekay keep posting your just about there, but once you get there you will be disappointed

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 11:35 pm

Well.. i was in there about 3-4 times before the actual 50 posts requirement rule and i found it quite funny to read about some things. Im usually behaving good.. but its fun to read about other people flaming eachoter or so. I saw some piece of action if im not mistaken.

But hey.. i really hope your wrong about me getting disappointed. Cause ive put alot of effort into reaching 50 posts, hehe.

However this has come to be some kind of challenge for me. Now i just gotta make the limit, hehe.

But as i stated in the previous posts.. for udonmaps sake.. i think the rule should be reconsidered. Think the forum are loosing visitors on it. I didnt come to udon thani for the nightlife but even i went to the nightlife section the first time i came here. And it was because of that section i came back here a couple of times. Now im kinda getting familiar with the forum and as there is so many visitors i actullay find it a GOOD forum :P

Who knows if i would have stayed if that Nightlife forum wouldnt have been there!!!

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » May 31, 2008, 11:40 pm

wish I hgad something of interest to post about...I enjoyed what I saw of the Nightlife section. In fact it's why I signed up in the first place. :oops:

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » May 31, 2008, 11:48 pm

Well there you go.. its not only me who did that then. However im sure ill get more interested the other sections once ive started exploring the whole content in this forum. But yeah.. same for me. Thats what got me here.. and thats what made me come back. Btw.. 11 to go after this, hehe.

beekay
udonmap.com

Post by beekay » June 1, 2008, 12:06 am

WHAT!!! I just found a new topic that i was excited about looking into.. but then it shows i need 50 posts for the JOKES section as well *sigh*

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 1, 2008, 12:13 am

another 38 for me...could take weeks :shock:

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » June 1, 2008, 12:15 am

I remember a compurer game called 'Leisure Suit Larry' from about 20 years ago. Due to the Adult content of the game you had to answer a series of questions prior to being allowed to play....used to bug the hell out of me as took ages to pass the test! Good game though :lol:

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 1, 2008, 12:21 am

Ah, a 'blast from the past' is Leisure Suit Larry deankham :D :D I assure you that 'The Nightlife Section" is even milder than that - as you will see once you get to it!!!! :D

madpsyontist
udonmap.com

Post by madpsyontist » June 1, 2008, 2:25 am

Presently i am not a fan of the 50 post minimum. i come to the site as away to remain in touch with my place of birth. It's been 18 months since I've been back and this forum is as close it gets to being there for me. unfortunately, i am not fluent in Thai and there is no substitute besides conversing with my mother from time to time about the going ons with the family in Udon. Yet these conversations are very limited in scope. I find that I know more about Udon than they do because of this site.

I am an avid fan of the site but often find that if I don't have anything of merit or substance to add to the conversation I refrain from posting; however, I do enjoying reading the various posts without any restrictions but I guess the times are changing.

Return to “Forum Help, Support, Rules, & Announcements”