Big queues at Nong Khai immigration these days?

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
john2005
udonmap.com

Big queues at Nong Khai immigration these days?

Post by john2005 » July 17, 2005, 10:57 am

I understand the Ek Udon extention office has been shut and now Nong Khai is the place to go.Big queues does anyone know?

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » August 2, 2005, 11:08 am

With the recent closure of the immigration desk at the Ek Udon in Udon Thani i thought it best to get in first at Nong Khai to get my marriage visa extended.Got there at eight thirty,just ahead of four others and was out by ten past nine.Very lucky timing.

In conversation it was mentioned that they are getting up to fifty farang a day now,thats with three squad leaders to do the work and a sub inspector.A lovely bunch but very overworked.Do not seem to have moved the guys from Udon to Nong Khai.The sometimes abrupt Nina has been replaced by the charming Mr Anan. :)

What did make me smile was a loud American chap having a little trouble with his visa shouting "I'll have you know i drive a Toyota Fortuner." :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 17, 2006, 10:34 am

Marcus, (or anyone else) can you tell me the location of the office??
Thanks

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » September 17, 2006, 10:39 am

Bob,if coming from Udon drive right down to Nong Khai town,past Tesco on your left and do a left at the next set of traffic lights.Drive straight on,through a set of traffic lights,over the railway level crossing and then do a left at the end of the road.The office is about 300 yards up on the left.
Drive in do the first left and you will see the parking area,covered is for immigration and the rest for us.The bright orange building right in front of you is immigration.Go in,first left and you see the sliding doors into the office.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 17, 2006, 10:42 am

Great (and quick) reply... Thanks very much Marcus.

businessman
udonmap.com

Post by businessman » September 17, 2006, 11:07 am

Bob,if you find yourself in the office with all three squad leaders free,try and attract the attention of squad leader Anan,the young officer sitting in the middle.The two either side are much older and wear glasses.
All three are kind and helpful but Anan is the fastest and most efficient and does not ponder over documents with lots of humming and arring.He is young enough not to have become jaded by years of years of farang contact.

Techland
udonmap.com

Post by Techland » September 17, 2006, 12:24 pm

businessman wrote:With the recent closure of the immigration desk at the Ek Udon in Udon Thani
AEK? Been there two days ago...no mention of closing anywhere...

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » September 17, 2006, 1:01 pm

AEK office re-opened some time back, after being closed for a few months. It can get quite busy there.

Nong Khai seems better to avoid queues.

Bob, re your Non-Imm visa, be careful you don't leave it too long, in case it passes it's "use by date".

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » September 17, 2006, 4:26 pm

Bob, if you are coming from Udon by car or bike take the signed turnoff at the traffic lights before Nong Khai. The Road is signed Vientiene or Laos or Friendship bridge. Cross railway, go past bridge maintaince complex and Immigration is on the right. Well signed.

John
Gurgle, Gurgle...

canuck-viking
udonmap.com

Immigration Nong Khai

Post by canuck-viking » September 17, 2006, 4:51 pm

The immigration office is open in Aek Udon hosptital in Udon Thani. I just did my visa there. It is open only on Mondays and Fridays til 3 pm.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » September 17, 2006, 6:46 pm

wokkawombat wrote:Bob, if you are coming from Udon by car or bike take the signed turnoff at the traffic lights before Nong Khai. The Road is signed Vientiene or Laos or Friendship bridge. Cross railway, go past bridge maintaince complex and Immigration is on the right. Well signed.

John
This turn off is about 7 Km before Nong Khai,there is a traffic light there.Pretty hard to miss.The Immigration office is about 1+ Km before getting to the bridge,small building inside a large walled compound.Chok Dee

Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Paul » September 18, 2006, 12:01 am

Techland wrote:
businessman wrote:With the recent closure of the immigration desk at the Ek Udon in Udon Thani
AEK? Been there two days ago...no mention of closing anywhere...
You are a year out of date - check the date on the post about AEK office closing !!!LOL

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » September 18, 2006, 7:39 am

No problems with either AEK (Mon & Fri) and Nong Khai. Max time I have spent in either office over the past 9 months is 1 hour. Very good service if you have your paper work in order prior.

The thing that realy gives me the shits is the number of people (Thai and farang) that front up with no preperation and sit in front of the official filling out forms whilst his other half is racing around getting photo copies. The officials should piss them off back to the end of the que.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

Return to “Nong Khai”