Falang Grocery Stores in Nong Khai

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
Jsell50
udonmap.com

Post by Jsell50 » January 24, 2016, 6:01 pm

Hi all,
Are there any small Falang Grocery stores, or or other stores that carry Falang groceries in Nong Khai, other than Makro/Lotus/Big C?

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » January 24, 2016, 6:40 pm

There used to Nong Khai Direct near the bridge but dont know if still there or not .

On the same topic purely as a heads up ... it would appear the importer in Bkk who brings in all the UK dry goods brands is planning to open a location some where in this area , maybe Udon , Nong Khai , not sure as still looking ,,, he informed me on my last trip to Bkk that he no longer supplies Makro with the products and is receiving many calls from this area so is looking around for a suitable location from which to operate a small retail and wholesale/full case shop . He has enquired with Dao n I reference taking one of the units we currently have spare in the same row as the Tap and 3DM are located near the airport.

Either way if his plan comes to fruition good news for those wishing to obtain that sort of thing as being the direct importer his pricing will be very competitive .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 25, 2016, 12:29 pm

DM Wrote...........There used to Nong Khai Direct near the bridge but dont know if still there or not ......Still There,But I NEVER Shop there,He's Tooooooo Expensive & A Lot of his Stuff is PAST The Best Before Date.....As I Found out the last time I was in the shop....... :shock: :shock:

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » January 25, 2016, 12:59 pm

If you want to be more specific about the different items you are interested in,I,with my experience and others living in Nong Khai,can direct you to the many different places in NK that carry those items.

I would venture you guess that there are only a few specific items that would need to be found in Udon that are not here!

Glad to help.

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 25, 2016, 6:27 pm

Jsell50 wrote:Hi all,
Are there any small Falang Grocery stores, or or other stores that carry Falang groceries in Nong Khai, other than Makro/Lotus/Big C?
I See Makro ( Nong Khai ) DOES Have quite a large selection of foreign foods now Available.... :shock: :shock:

stereolab
udonmap.com

Post by stereolab » January 25, 2016, 9:00 pm

747man wrote:DM Wrote...........There used to Nong Khai Direct near the bridge but dont know if still there or not ......Still There,But I NEVER Shop there,He's Tooooooo Expensive & A Lot of his Stuff is PAST The Best Before Date.....As I Found out the last time I was in the shop....... :shock: :shock:

Is this shop actually operating at present, and does he have the courage to put price tags on his goods?

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » January 25, 2016, 9:06 pm

stereolab wrote:
747man wrote:DM Wrote...........There used to Nong Khai Direct near the bridge but dont know if still there or not ......Still There,But I NEVER Shop there,He's Tooooooo Expensive & A Lot of his Stuff is PAST The Best Before Date.....As I Found out the last time I was in the shop....... :shock: :shock:

Is this shop actually operating at present, and does he have the courage to put price tags on his goods?
Although I Live in Nong Khai, I've not been near the bridge for 2 Months so DON'T Know if this shop is still open or not,,NO Reason to go to that end of Town,Until I Need to renew my 90 Day Permission to Stay....But last time I was in the shop,I Did see some things with price tags on them,Others are sold by weight...

Jsell50
udonmap.com

Post by Jsell50 » January 26, 2016, 6:13 am

Thanks for all the replies. I am producing an all natural peanut butter and looking to wholesale to 1 or more small stores in Nong Khai. I am not ready to go all out for the bigger stores yet.

Return to “Nong Khai”