NongKhai Tesco No Bags Problem

News, views and comments about Nong Khai here...
tamada
udonmap.com

Re: NongKhai Tesco No Bags Problem

Post by tamada » June 22, 2019, 1:20 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
June 8, 2019, 1:16 pm
I bought a number of Coles and Woolies insulated, reusable, shopping bags back from Aust. Went to use them in Makro Udon but was stopped at the door and told I could not bring them in.

Effin slow learners - got a lot of work to do. Obviously STILL a 3rd world country!
I have half a dozen large, folding carrier bags in the pickup and when visiting Makro, I stick them down the back of the waistband, under my shirt. After I have paid for my cart load and have left the building, I stop and load my purchases into these carrier bags and depending on weight, weather and if they've kept the lanes clear, either push them in the cart to my pickup or just carry them there.

Like pretty much anything in LOS, just a wee bit of thought and planning gets around most of the 'obstacles' they throw in the way.

newtovillagelife
udonmap.com

Post by newtovillagelife » June 22, 2019, 3:49 pm

Bandung_Dero wrote:
I bought a number of Coles and Woolies insulated, reusable, shopping bags back from Aust. Went to use them in Makro Udon but was stopped at the door and told I could not bring them in.

Effin slow learners - got a lot of work to do. Obviously STILL a 3rd world country!
How much waste does Australia export, in the name of so called recycling, sounds like a 3rd world country!!!!

Barney
udonmap.com

Post by Barney » June 22, 2019, 4:03 pm

newtovillagelife wrote:
June 22, 2019, 3:49 pm
Bandung_Dero wrote:

How much waste does Australia export, in the name of so called recycling, sounds like a 3rd world country!!!!
Australia does send a fair amount offshore, 100's of thousands of tons I imagine but I think the chinese have now stopped taking some types of material.
Have you looked in your own backyard as to what countries and how much the poms send overseas? I would imagine more than Australia.

Unfortunately none of the countries that send their crap OS usually monitor or care what happens to it. Out of site out of mind.

Return to “Nong Khai”