Dusit Thani hotel in Bangkok to be demolished

Central Thailand forum - Bangkok, Pattaya etc.
Zidane
udonmap.com

Dusit Thani hotel in Bangkok to be demolished

Post by Zidane » December 1, 2017, 9:45 am

I'm sure a number of us will know this hotel and have stayed there......opened in 1970 it was one of the top hotels in Bangkok in its day (maybe still is ? ).......well,if you want to stay there again you had better book smartish as it closes for good in April next year.
Dusit Thani hotel,Bangkok.jpg
Update : The Dusit Thani announced today it will cease operations two months earlier than expected. The hotel will close in April 2018 and be knocked down two months later in July.
BANGKOK — A shopping mall, condos, green space and more are coming to replace a 47-year-old landmark on the corner of Silom Road, which will be redeveloped into a mixed-use property, the Dusit Thani Group announced earlier.
Once the tallest building in Thailand, the Dusit Thani Hotel will be demolished and replaced with a complex consisting of a hotel, residences, an office space, a shopping mall and green space, according to the announcement. The 36-billion baht project is a partnership between the hotel group and Central Pattana, which owns 30 shopping malls nationwide under the Central brand.

Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

wazza
udonmap.com

Re: Dusit Thani hotel in Bangkok to be demolished

Post by wazza » December 1, 2017, 11:11 am

Just what BKK needs , another Central Mall lol

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 3, 2017, 6:42 pm

Another Bangkok landmark disappears but with new "shopping mall, condos and hotel, residences" and "an office space", it will be interesting to see what size the "green space" will be.

I will admit to shagging the first Mrs tam on the balcony on a high floor at the Dusit Thani but that was a long, long time ago when I could still do it standing up.

Raoul Duke
udonmap.com

Post by Raoul Duke » December 3, 2017, 7:03 pm

Yeah....many Isan girls have spent many hours staring at the ceilings of that once great hotel.
Voiceover for hire.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » December 3, 2017, 7:11 pm

Rumours that the last night there they are having 50% off for members of the Walk of Shame

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » December 3, 2017, 7:15 pm

Raoul Duke wrote:
December 3, 2017, 7:03 pm
Yeah....many Isan girls have spent many hours staring at the ceilings of that once great hotel.

b*gger that bruce ...... i'm paying, I'll stare at the ceiling (or whatever) and SHE can do the work :lol:

Return to “Central Thailand”