a bed for the night near Hualamphong Station in Bangkok

Central Thailand forum - Bangkok, Pattaya etc.
rick
udonmap.com

a bed for the night near Hualamphong Station in Bangkok

Post by rick » October 21, 2008, 6:34 am

Ok, will not make the train in time when i arrive from airport. Anyone know of a 'good' place to stay within walking distance of the station? As long as it is safe and there are no rats and cockroaches it will do. So far have some possible guest houses but not too close.

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Re: a bed for the night near Hualamphong

Post by banpaeng » October 21, 2008, 6:52 am

White orchid is OK and the area around it comes alive at night with sidewalk cafes. Great seafood and people watching.

thalenoi
udonmap.com

Re: a bed for the night near Hualamphong

Post by thalenoi » October 21, 2008, 8:02 am

bangkok Centre Hotel, just opposite railway station (cross the road at subway station) 50m in a soi.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Re: a bed for the night near Hualamphong Station in Bangkok

Post by BKKSTAN » October 21, 2008, 8:05 pm

The subway begins there,so you are within 10 minutes of the station.So choose any hotel of preference!

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » October 22, 2008, 10:37 am

Stay anywhere near any subway station. It will cost only a few tens of baht, and as Stan says, a very short ride to Hualamphong from any station on the line. For that matter, you can stay near any Skytrain station and connect to the subway at either of two interchange stations.

I am sorry to report that there are no hotels (in the tropics, at least) that do not have cockroaches. I don't know about the rat situation, probably because the rats are smart enough to keep out of site in the hotels.

hxjohn
udonmap.com

Post by hxjohn » October 22, 2008, 8:56 pm

rick wrote:Ok, will not make the train in time when i arrive from airport. Anyone know of a 'good' place to stay within walking distance of the station? As long as it is safe and there are no rats and cockroaches it will do. So far have some possible guest houses but not too close.
stand outside main front entrance to station turn to your left walk over the road and in between the two rows of shops inside small gap in stalls there is a little hotel on the right about 10 meters inside its cheap and was clean 2 years ago last time i stayed sorry i forgot the room rate but i do remember it being the best out of that area in the budget side

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » November 8, 2008, 9:41 pm

Thanks for all the suggestions. I tried HXjohn's advice but missed his one, but found another about 400 yards east down Rama 4, sign posted up a soi (in english) called 'cosy bangkok place'. Mainly dormitories but got a single room for 400 baht, air conditioned, clean and also free water, tea and coffee. Fine for somewhere to put your head down. I think it is possible to book it via some hostel website as i did have its name down on my list. As a backpackers hostel, not guest friendly, but as that was not what i was looking for, I would reccomend it if your stuck at the station.

Return to “Central Thailand”