FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
fredythehound
udonmap.com

FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by fredythehound » October 19, 2008, 10:40 pm

Social Club
I think it would be nice to have a social club in udon,something simular to one of englands,run by a committee,and voted on board,snooker,sports tv,meetings ,profit share back to members,small dance floor for weekends,prices low but to cover overheads,and fellow members to run club different nights,run properly food and drinks cheapest in town,and could lead to new hobbies and social avents to all.

:-({|= :censored: :guiness: :drunk: :lol:

westerby
udonmap.com

Re: FARANG SOCIAL CLUB UDON

Post by westerby » October 19, 2008, 10:50 pm

You haven't been watching that rerun of Phoenix Nights on Channel 4, have you? :lol:

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » October 19, 2008, 11:00 pm

westerby wrote:You haven't been watching that rerun of Phoenix Nights on Channel 4, have you? :lol:
Ha ha no,but i have been involed in running of club ,where members run it,take interest in it,plus save money,the people that it would effect most are the bars that charge high prices,where else could you find a nice place to go with some of your say on dos and donts,cheap prices ,where you can get a percentage of what you spend back,think about it abit deeper,think what you want from a club and help make it happen,members will not make money,but will save money

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » October 19, 2008, 11:04 pm

I'm in, if you book strippers.
Udon Thani, best seen through your car's rear view mirror.

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » October 19, 2008, 11:11 pm

if majority want a stipper now and then you got it

westerby
udonmap.com

Post by westerby » October 19, 2008, 11:11 pm

I'd like Bingo on a Thursday night and one of those fat northern comedians dressed in a frilly shirt with a sky blue tux for a Saturday.

I'm not saying the Mother-in-Law is fat but.....

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » October 19, 2008, 11:15 pm

westerby wrote:I'd like Bingo on a Thursday night and one of those fat northern comedians dressed in a frilly shirt with a sky blue tux for a Saturday.

I'm not saying the Mother-in-Law is fat but.....
again if you get the vote you got it,this is the main idea giving members what they want

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » October 19, 2008, 11:31 pm

so far we got a comedian .and bingo thurs nights, stripper friday nights,dance disco 70s/80s sat night anymore suggestions :guitar:

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » October 19, 2008, 11:38 pm

This is a subject which is already being discussed and meetings being held by quite a large number of businessmen (of all types) in Udon.

It is a great idea and I hope it goes past meetings stage and gets off the ground... ;)

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » October 20, 2008, 12:21 am

monkeyman wrote:This is a subject which is already being discussed and meetings being held by quite a large number of businessmen (of all types) in Udon.

It is a great idea and I hope it goes past meetings stage and gets off the ground... ;)
I,m sure if its run fairly,every thing on the table for members to see,its enjoyable day and nights for all members,all with shares in the club,and can have a say on various activities and various funchions ,the only problem would be keeping to a members limit,because most farangs would like to join,which would depend on size of club.

monkeyman
udonmap.com

Post by monkeyman » October 20, 2008, 12:30 am

Can you imagine the amount of people that would want to get into a club that they are not allowed to.... without membership... lol:

Ultimate marketing....

doormen might be needed.... ;)

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » October 20, 2008, 12:55 am

monkeyman wrote:Can you imagine the amount of people that would want to get into a club that they are not allowed to.... without membership... lol:

Ultimate marketing....

yep thousands of clubs like that all over the world,but do not get in unless invited, membership can be given at the door,or temp membership if club not full,if they look ok,but matters like that coming up would be discussed by committee,and rulings would be made,and yes if doorman are needed so be it

fredythehound
udonmap.com

Post by fredythehound » October 20, 2008, 1:00 am

fredythehound wrote:
monkeyman wrote:Can you imagine the amount of people that would want to get into a club that they are not allowed to.... without membership... lol:

Ultimate marketing....

yep thousands of clubs like that all over the world,but do not get in unless invited, membership can be given at the door,or temp membership if club not full,if they look ok,but matters like that coming up would be discussed by committee,and rulings would be made,and yes if doorman are needed so be it
PS and i think you could be a good man to have on committee

Geordie
udonmap.com

Post by Geordie » October 20, 2008, 2:43 am

[quote][quote="westerby"]I'd like Bingo on a Thursday night and one of those fat northern comedians dressed in a frilly shirt with a sky blue tux for a Saturday.

Westy....all them buggers is dead now!!!!!!

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » October 20, 2008, 6:53 am

Great Idea, but in Thailand? Who will pay off the local mafia and others. If a Thai business thinks you are successful, a lot of visa questions might arise, like wh9o owns the business and what visa is being used?

Good luck

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 20, 2008, 6:56 am

westerby wrote:You haven't been watching that rerun of Phoenix Nights on Channel 4, have you? :lol:
we dont get channel 4 in thailand westers , another of the delights of living here #-o #-o #-o #-o

saint
udonmap.com

Post by saint » October 20, 2008, 7:10 am

ah a little bit of england right here in the heart of udon thani , complete with commitees and memberships . NO THANKS . i moved 7000 miles to get away from all that bullsh~t . =; =; =;

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » October 20, 2008, 7:22 am

I understand the desire,but it is not a realistic thing for Thailand!

Many reasons;one was mentioned already, dealing with the local ''mafia'',another is the compatibility of the expat community,although most of us are ''falang'',we don't all have similiar social habits!Most are very individualistic and the base of expats is really to small to support regular businesses ,let alone a ''social membership club''.This is a common mistake made by most falangs that open bars and resturants here.We seem to like a variety,rather than the same thing day after day,when the newness wears off or someone feels ''tweaked'',they move on.
](*,)

Khun Paul
udonmap.com

Post by Khun Paul » October 20, 2008, 8:07 am

A Club well there is an idea which although the concept is good and thoughts behind it are sound, the problems will be location, diversity of activities and always the age old problem of membership and all the rules and regs that go with that. No counting what to do with the Thais that want to join and in this country ethnic membership is not allowed.
i agree with Stan, our social needs are various and vast, in oirder to cater for such a diverse group the mebership wpould have to be enormous in order to make any activity pay.
In short wonderful idea, but unfortunately the numbers here in udon preclude such an idea getting off the floor, maybe in years to come when the farang population is that of say pattaya, thenj it may be reconsidered, until then the bars and restaurants do the job for us and we pay NO memebrship fees.

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » October 20, 2008, 8:55 am

you can start off by renting a store front get a TV and some lounge chairs and refrigerator and charge a monthly membership or quarterly and you can get around rules call it expat club doors are open to any one
after you have so many members close the books on membership put them on a waiting list I am sure no
thai would want to join and pay a membership dues I don't even think most expats outside of the norm UK USA AUS CA NZ will join maybe a few but the majority are those English speaking countries I think it worth a try in my opinion and you can count me in Oh and you can have a joining fees like 2k and then a quarterly dues of say 500 baht to cover expenses

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”