Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » April 3, 2009, 7:49 pm

Fishing park with restaurant, bar and kids play area along with 5 ponds for fishing & wholesale fish sales. 6 species of fish to catch.

Sabai Sabai Fishing Park is located not far from the main Kong Khai Highway turning left after PTT Garage at the noodle shop prior to reaching the Caltex garage

Tel. 085-757-0326 Email. [email protected]

Google Map:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8& ... 5&t=k&z=17[/googlemap]

rick
udonmap.com

Re: Sabaai Sabaai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Post by rick » April 4, 2009, 4:19 am

Ok, more fishing, thats good news to me, also maybe more variety of fish. Any other location info? google map? Udonmap reference, if any?

Prices?

Anyone been there?

sgt
udonmap.com

Post by sgt » April 4, 2009, 8:20 am

Great, another new fishing park. Now I can take wife, eat food, spend baht and listen to wife giggle and say "Thai fish not like farang" for the umpteenth time as I go home fishless :oops: .

Billg
udonmap.com

Post by Billg » April 10, 2009, 9:29 pm

Hi guys
I have heard from a very reliable source (My Wife) that the fishing park will open on the 15th April and it may be 60baht / hour. I will be there on the 17th to give it a try..

Cheers
Bill

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » April 28, 2009, 1:37 pm

Met the owner & his wife while out last night - a delightful couple who I wish all the best to on the fishing park.
Promised I would take a visit out there Wednesday as it has been years since I have indulged in "worm drowning" & sounded a fun way to spend an afternoon. Will report back on what I find.... :D

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » April 28, 2009, 2:07 pm

Hello All,

Sabai Sabai Fishing Park is now open daily from 9 in the morning until 9 at night, We have 9 different kinds of fish up to about 5 kilos in weight. Prices for fishing are 80 baht per day catch and release, 40 baht up to 4 hours and rod and net hire is 60 baht per time but all equipment is new. Fishing is free if you are going to take the fish home and we provide keep nets, fish are charged per kilo and are keenly priced. We currently offer to BBQ you catch free of charge if you wish to eat them here. Bar prices are reasonable and certainly less than many establishments. We have had many Thai customers to date who all seem pleased with the service we provide and the cost and many have complimented our staff on the food served. We also have free WI-FI, table tennis, Karaoke, badmington and are very open to other ideas to improve the services offered.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » May 25, 2009, 8:25 am

Well, in my usual in Thailand time keeping I eventually managed to make it out to Sabaai Sabaai yesterday.
I certainly was not disappointed. It is a newly built place so will undoubtedly benefit from time (to allow the ponds, trees etc. to develop), but is well worth paying a visit to now.
On the fishing front nothing awe inspiring from me... :D I did manage to bag 3 smallish ones, but 2 were large enough to make it to the BBQ later. I did see a couple of very nice sized fish landed from the same lake I was fishing though.
Food very pleasant, some Farang food available, but I was more than happy with the Thai stuff. Beer a very pleasing 55 baht for a large bottle of Leo. Staff plentiful & alert to customers in need!
Certainly busy when we went - all the rods were in use by late afternoon, with mainly a Thai clientèle.

A very pleasant and different way to spend a relaxing Sunday afternoon. I will be returning shortly for certain!!

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » May 28, 2009, 12:17 pm

Some photos taken at Sabaai Sabaai fishing park yesterday afternoon:

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » May 28, 2009, 12:33 pm

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » June 8, 2009, 7:21 pm

Spent an afternoon & evening there again yesterday.
My time spent fishing was completely wasted - never caught a thing, my fault though. Mark told me that a few weeks ago he had put some quite large (2 Kgs up) silver fish in the main pond. However, no one had yet caught one. Ah using wrong bait thought I, so decided to spend all afternoon spinning for one. Certainly kept me fit & emptied the pond of no end of weed & plastic bags (apparently a record haul by one person since the park has opened :D )but, sadly no fish. So once it became too dark I decided to have something to eat & concentrate on hauling in a few Leos. Had prawns with asparagus in oyster sauce & sweet & sour chicken along with American Fried rice (with seafood) all excellent & would have graced my local Chinese restaurant back in Gloucestershire. Certainly more of a Chinese taste than Thai & nice for a change.
Anyway also discovered why no one had caught any of the silver fish as brother in law kept on fishing after dark while I was eating. He caught two really nice sized silver fish on worms that he had ben fishing with all day so, obviously, nocturnal feeders rather than day light ones. Live & learn (maybe :D )....

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » June 18, 2009, 5:00 pm

Just a quick note to let customers old and new know we have now stocked the Park with an additional 5000 Kilos of Fish including catfish up to 10 kilos in weight, Jeramid (related to the Pirahna and very good sport but watch out for their teeth!! and up to 4 kilos in weight and Panine up to 1.5 kilo in weight (these are the ones that people like to BBQ covered in salt. We will also be offering new promtions next week including big discounts on food as we believe our food to be very good and think if you try your going to like it and come again. We also offer free Wi Fi and have a new Karaoke machine arriving tomorrow from the manufacturers with over 300 albums loaded (this will keep your wife happy while you fish) We are always open to suggestions on how to improve the park and services offered.

Thanks Prapaipun

hey you
udonmap.com

Post by hey you » June 19, 2009, 5:50 pm

i have not been fishing for years and i will give you one good tip. do not install the karaoke machine.sound carries over water and i am sorry this will seem impolite but i write from experience ,thai play karaoke loud , very loud ,even when the sound is bad the sound will not be turned down. do you want a fishing lake or a noise hole??? far better to teach the wives to fish.

old-timer
udonmap.com

Post by old-timer » July 15, 2009, 5:05 pm

On a couple of other members recommendation on another thread I gave this place a try today. Blo0dy amazing, last Sunday at another park I caught buger all, but today for about 3 hours at sabaai Sabaai a hoist of a dozen fish. I've brought the lot home as they were all of a decent size with one in the large catergory (IMO).
So tonight it's bbq, tomorrow deep fried and whatever is left after that I'll give to the out laws.
Another good tip from fellow posters - this forum does it's job !

lassebasse
udonmap.com

Post by lassebasse » July 15, 2009, 7:31 pm

I was also there sometime ago. Guess fishing was OK, we cought a lot but lunch was a total disaster. Since i had my 11 year old son with me we opted for farang food and ordered cheseburgers. 10 minutes passes and the girl returns saying sorry no have. OK, do you have regular burger? Yes. 5 minutes passes and the girl returns saying sorry no have. Hmm, can we have the eggs and bacon? Yes. 2 minutes passes and the girl comes back saying sorry no have. We then give up on the farang food and I ordered for myself the fried chicken with cashewnuts. 10 minutes passes and the girl comes back with fried rice!!!! Sorry but that was not what I ordered (The order was placed by my TW). Girl says sorry I take back and change. Another 5 minutes passes and she comes back with the correct order, however it was the smallest serving I ever seen, could not even be called a child portion. Now we gave up and went home with our fish.

I might fish there again but I will never try there kitchen again.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » July 16, 2009, 11:54 am

Lasse,
P (who owns the place, is not very well at the moment, plus her mother-in-law is in Thailand) so I doubt very much if she was there. Her husband is overseas at work at the moment.
As with virtually ANY place in Thailand (in my experience) if the owners are not there service quality falls terribly. That even applies to normal excellent places like The Clock...
I have never tried the Falang food there but (as I have said before) I have tried the Thai food & personally found it excellent and a reasonable quantity as well.
I will eat there again for certain, but I will also go when I know the owners are there and eating as well... :D :D
OT,
Yes I went a couple of weeks ago, specifically to try & catch some Jeramid. Caught 3 nice specimens and lost one that had to be 4 kilos when it dropped off the hook & managed to avoid the landing net... :(
Really nice eating with very few small bones to try & avoid...

marcusb
udonmap.com

Post by marcusb » August 19, 2009, 8:27 pm

Had a great afternoon fishing at Sabaai Sabaai. Three beers, spring rolls, soup, rod rental, 2.5 kilos of fish to take home and barbecue all for about $450 baht. Not bad I figured. Food was good, service was good, we'll be back.

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » August 20, 2009, 11:17 pm

Marcus,

Thank You for your kind comments, We are continually doing our best to improve the Park, this month we have finished putting down granite gravel chips in the car parking areas,clearing weeds from the ponds etc. We have also just about finished ( 3 installed 1 to go tomorrow) installing floodlights for night fishing which we hope will attract people who would like another option for night time activities. We are also currently extending our menu to include more dishes. The Park is well stocked with 14 different species of fish up to approx 14 kilos in size. We have a good stocking policy in place and we also have our water checked every week by the Government (Our choice not compulsary) to ensure our fish are healthy. We also plan to have a competion next month and are justing finalising details. we welcome comments both good and bad from customers as it allows us to address any issues they have and also to help us improve our service to you the customer! Lastly we also provide free WIFI coverage to customers.

Kind Regards P

lee
udonmap.com

Re: Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Post by lee » August 26, 2009, 10:49 am

The owner asked me to post these images for him:

lee
udonmap.com

Re: Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Post by lee » August 26, 2009, 10:54 am

Aardvark
udonmap.com