Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
jane_doe
udonmap.com

Re: Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Post by jane_doe » August 26, 2009, 12:29 pm

how to go from tesco lotus to the fishing park? might go there on monday :D

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » August 26, 2009, 12:43 pm

Head towards the Nong Khai traffic lights on the bypass.
So if you are actually in Tesco you would need to take the first U turn back down the bypass that you come to.
The Nong Khai lights will then be the first set you come to, but you can left filter onto the Nong Khai road.
There are 3 petrol stations on the left hand side in pretty rapid succession within the first kilometre.
Immediately before the last of these there is a turning to the left.
Take this road, there are a few "lake restaurants" & other houses as you enter this road. Then there are no properties on either side of the road. The next property you see will be the fishing park (as in photo 5 above). Less than a kilometre up the road for certain..
They have equipment/bait for sale/rent so you do not actually need to take anything to get involved in the fishing...

pella
udonmap.com

Post by pella » August 26, 2009, 11:30 pm

is it open in the night too?...or only at daytime ?

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » August 27, 2009, 3:24 am

Its 9 till 9 Pella.
Sabai Sabai Fishing Park is now open daily from 9 in the morning until 9 at night,
Can You Dig It Dug.?

pella
udonmap.com

Post by pella » August 27, 2009, 3:50 am

thanks

jane_doe
udonmap.com

Post by jane_doe » August 27, 2009, 11:00 am

thank you. will be there on monday.

cueball
udonmap.com

Post by cueball » August 27, 2009, 2:50 pm

Having read all the previous posts, I thought it time to put in my opinion (for what it's worth!). I have fished Sabai Sabai regularly since it opened. Compared to other fishing parks in the area (and I think I've fished them all) I consider it top notch. If you are looking to catch big striped catfish (pla sawai) by the boatload - forget it. If, however, you are looking for good sport (and there are some good sized fish that will give you a good run for your money), a pleasant atmosphere, decent food, attentive staff and reasonable prices you could do a lot worse than giving Sabai Sabai an opportunity to show what they have on offer. The main pond holds many Nile Tilapia (pla nin) that are reasonably easy to catch (if you know how to fish!) and some large specimens of Pacu (pla jaramet) can be tempted with many different bait methods. I believe that several Siamese Carp (pla coho) have been introduced a couple of weeks ago. Whilst not yet giants, this species at around the 8-10 kilo mark (I think that's the size they are here) are extremely strong and will definitely be on my 'target' list over the next few weeks.
As fish are caught (and if purchased) the pond is restocked on a regular basis to ensure levels are kept up.
It was also refreshing to see a set of 'rules' posted (in English and Thai) in the salas. This should help everyone by ensuring the quality and health of the fish whether for eating or just sport. May it continue in this vein so that many pleasurable days can be had by me and anyone else who fishes this well-run location.

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » August 28, 2009, 2:17 pm

To our customers new and old we would like to advise that we now have floodlights for night fishing installed and hope these are a great success, as a good alternative to other more obvious activities after dark. We have more than 14 different types of fish in the main pond now and many are in double kilo figures so good sport to be had by all. We are also just about finished creating our new menu with actually pictures of the dishes offered (cooked by our chef not downloaded from the internet as some restaurants do) The dishes were not speically prepared just for the pictures they were customers orders that my wife took a picture of before they were served. So basically what you see in the pictures is what you get!!! We are always open to suggestions on how to improve the park and if possible we will do.

kind regards P

rayudon
udonmap.com

Post by rayudon » August 28, 2009, 8:47 pm

Hi Guys new Guy here, so cut me a little slack, before some of the oldies on here have a go at the new boy....lol [-o<

I was at Sabia Sabia a couple of days ago, not fishing that will be my next time as i seen a few good sized fish coming out, but just wanted to say the food was VERY nice and will be back soon as I just live up the road from Sabia.. great venue and friendly people... =D> =D>

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » August 29, 2009, 6:55 am

this place looks and sounds good for me ,and will give it a go when i am in town.

johnty.
udonmap.com

Post by johnty. » September 7, 2009, 7:12 am

Hi all,just a short note, i go to sabai sabai at least 4 times a week when i am home(work overseas),the fishing is excellent,the staff are very helpful and attentive to all your needs,i eat the food here every time i fish and i have never been disappointed. I know for a fact that the owners are trying very hard to make this the number 1 fishing venue in udon for Thai and Farang customers alike so if you like fishing go along and try it and give them your support i am sure you wont be disappointed. JOHNTY.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 7, 2009, 11:00 am

hi johnty went for a look around there a couple of months ago thinking of giving it a go any tips on were too fish .method .bait ets. thanks

johnty.
udonmap.com

Post by johnty. » September 8, 2009, 6:16 am

Hi red,most of the fish fall to a bread mix that the staff will make up for you this is fished with the spiral feeder with 5 hooks(available there for a few baht) it is fished on the bottom or can be float fished if the float is big, if you are after jerramit, they like fruits like pineapple but will eat other fish,they are very aggresive feeders and you will have a good fight on your hands if you get a big one. Not really got hot spots from my experience everywhere is good.Give it a go mate whatever happens it is still a relaxing few hours,good food and a couple of beers in the fresh air and maybe fish for the barbecue,BE LUCKY.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 8, 2009, 8:02 am

thanks johnty ive used that method before and the tackle box is stocked and ready to go . i will give it a go this week thanks again.

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » September 14, 2009, 10:11 pm

Just to update customers, new stock of Jeramids were put into the Pond over the weekend, congrats to John who took home over 25 kilos of Fish today - Must be a large family. This week and next Panine will be restocked although stocks are still very good, people complain if not catching every 5-10 minutes.

P

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 18, 2009, 5:01 pm

Had another good day at sabai sabai today ,this has gotto be the best run fishing park in udon IMO the fish are well cared for and in great condition,not the usual lips and eyes missing that you see around thailand,they must keep a record whats getting caught and then use this to re stock accordingly,this is the only way to run a fishing park properly,this is very rarely practiced in thailand and sometimes england for that matter.started fishing about 10am lady turned up and plugged fan into the bamboo shelter and put umbrella up outside then came round with a couple of those cold towels.Its these little things that make a difference and set this place aside from the others.The fishing was great everyone was catching caught 4 different species of fish all in great condition .1 large water ,1 large pepsi,ice bucket.3bags of bait.4 kilo of fish ,406baht well done sabai sabai keep up the good work good luck ,not that you will need it =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

johnty.
udonmap.com

Post by johnty. » September 18, 2009, 5:32 pm

Hi Red,good to see you had a good day at Sabai Sabai didnt do too badly myself the other day(see e-mail before yours) it is a very well run establishment the owners dont just think profit,profit,profit as other establishments they really want you to come and enjoy yourself and the service everybody receives is the same,i know that p is a fisherman himself and it is important to him that the park runs as good when he is working as it does when he is home. P and her team make it enjoyable, always on hand and everything done with a nice smile,keep up the good work Sabai Sabai you will soon have a very contented and consistent client base,all the best,JT.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 18, 2009, 6:16 pm

johnty 25 kilo of fish thats is a good day ,what did you do feed the whole village,i couldnt get past the jerramit for the first 2 hours great sport i put about 9 back along with 2 different types of catfish, i kept 3 panine and another fish that looked like a type of silver carp gave them to the T/G sister think she was making a tom yam with them,like i said before there doing a good job there and seem to be going that extra yard ,have you noticed there always busy improving and maintaining things,once again well done sabai sabai =D>

johnty.
udonmap.com

Post by johnty. » September 18, 2009, 11:29 pm

Hi Red,yes i took a lot of fish that day they all go to my m/i/l and s/i/l but on sunday i go back to uk to my prison(offshore for 3weeks),so it will feed them and my wife while i am away. I have never taken fish the way they do here(always catch and release for big carp in uk) but i have made my wife aware that just because i catch them it does not mean that they are going home with us,that day i put about 10kilos back (all small fish). I had 4 fish that i wanted to try and catch when i came here pla jerramid( done to 4kilo),pla sawaii(about same) but my main 2 were Pla kaho(just 4kilo) and mekong catfish(still trying),I only have 16 days here with my wife out of every 42 but i spend every minute i can at Sabai sabai,it really is a nice place to go to, as you say they are always looking to improve on things and it really is a credit to the owners,they want it to be number 1 in udon for fishing,they are well on the right lines now, anyway pal, enjoy,it can only get better,wishing you tight lines and i will be lay in my bed offshore EXTREMELY jealous of you guys enjoying all the benefits here while i work,thanks for your reply to my post,Johnty.

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » September 19, 2009, 12:25 pm

johnty are you a chef on the rigs and come from manchester,salford area don,t worry im not the CID,just think i may of spoke to you in the englishmans retreat on quiz night.Anyway used to do alot of carp fishing in england meself stayed in koh samui for 18months and went to a great place called topcats caught mekong catfish 25kilo plus catch and release only the T/G couldnt get her head round why i was putting them back.think i,ll be going sabai sabai monday i only take a couple of kilo.I was there last week and this thai guy caught a 2 kilo jerramit so we took it off him and got the chef to cook it .Great flavour and loads of meat on it think they steamed it and it came in this garlic chili sauce. think i will be going a few times a week from now on great value,nice to sit chill out have a beer some food .Might see you there in a few weeks , have a beer and talk about the one that got away ....safe journey

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”