Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
johnty.
udonmap.com

Re: Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Post by johnty. » September 29, 2009, 8:41 am

Hi Red, sorry for not replying but i am working at the moment so i dont get much time to come on here, yes you are right that is me as described but you have me at a disadvantage as my memory is terrible. Have you been to Sabai Sabai lately,had much luck? Believe p and p are in uk at the moment.I should be home on 16th of October so i may go to Sabai Sabai on the sunday,bright and early as it is a busy day as you probably all ready know,hope to see you there one day keep fishing and enjoying the excellent facilities there.
Johnty.

Kelsy

Post by Kelsy » September 30, 2009, 4:01 am

What sort of things are there for the kids>?? x

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » October 27, 2009, 1:27 pm

Just a quick reminer to advise customers old and new that we are currently running a promotion offering 25% off of food at lunchtimes and after 6 at night. The park is also covered by Free WiFi and the bar prices are very competitve. We also have a childrens play Park to entertain the youngsters.

P

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » October 27, 2009, 3:18 pm

Don't miss the opportunity to fish at this place. In fact, you don't have to even be much of a fisherman to catch some here. Been out to Sabai Sabai a couple of times and caught lots of pa nin (tilapia?), jeramid (piranha family but purportedly good-to-eat) and catfish. Caught enough to feed a village. Well, one family in the village anyway. :^o :D

Nice and very attentive staff. They come a-running when you put the red flag up outside the hut. Haven't tried much of the food yet but can say that the khao pad is delicious. Reasonable prices. Will be trying some of the other menu items soon. Like sipping a beer while you watch your rod? This is the place for you then. An enjoyable outing for everyone.

The only criticism I have is that the signs at the highway and in front of the fishing park could have a little English on them but it is still easy enough to find especially if you have a longhaired translator riding shotgun. ;)

Best fishing place around town IMO. Thanks for being there.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » October 27, 2009, 3:27 pm

Agree with everything you say PH.
As far as the jeramid & eating is concerned. I had one cooked there - the covered in chillies & ginger & garlic way - & it was delicious. I caught a couple & sent out to the village with the TG. She said they were all singularly unimpressed & could I send cat fish next time...cheeky ******* :D :D

polehawk
udonmap.com

Post by polehawk » October 27, 2009, 3:48 pm

That's right, Bob. The staff did offer to clean and cook a few of our catch. Sounds like they do it up right. Maybe we'll try that the next time out there.

I hear you on the villagers preferences. Think some of them would much rather catch and eat bottom-feeding fish from the muddy klongs and ditches around town. An acquired taste, no doubt. :lol:

dill
udonmap.com

Post by dill » October 27, 2009, 9:02 pm

today i went and seen what all the fuss was with sabai sabai and i had a ball.
caught about 16 fish and kept the two big ones to have a feed after .
and the preperation was verry nice.
was a great three hour and will be back soon.

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » October 28, 2009, 2:18 pm

Dill,

Glad to here you enjoyed your day out.

LATEST INFO

We have just located and agreed through one of our Scouts a deal for more Jeramid and Golden Carp
The jeramid are between 2-1/2 and 8 Kilo in weight and the Golden Carp are between 1-2 Kilos, Several hundred kilos of each will be introduced, These fish will be arriving at the Fishing Park later this afternoon.

Tightlines to all our Customers

P

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Competition - Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Post by pongpong » November 7, 2009, 2:28 pm

Good Afternoon,

I would just like to advise customers that we will be holding a Fishing Competition on the 5th of December, We are currently making a flier and will distribute in the Fishing Park and at local Fishing Tackle shops in the next week, all customers are welcome to attend.

This will be Sabai Sabai's first Competition and if successful hopefully the start of many more to come.

Regards P

E-Mail [email protected] Telephone Thai and English 0857570326

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » November 11, 2009, 12:15 pm

Good Morning Everyone

As per our restocking Policy we introduced more than 250 Talapia (Panine) all about the one kilo size, Within the next 2 weeks we are expecting another delivery of PAcu (pla Jeramid) to arrive with some really good sized fish

Tightlines to Everyone'

P & P

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » November 11, 2009, 12:33 pm

Good Afternoon (P),,,,,What sort of size will the Jeremid be? :D

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » November 11, 2009, 1:27 pm

Hi Red

The fish should be in the range of 2-6 kilos with a couple of bigger ones expected. We previously agreed with the supplier to purchase the whole pond. The first batch of 600 Kilo went in about 3 weeks ago and the next batch will go in either next week or the week after depending on how many have be caught of the last batch and after we check the quality of the water again to ensure we dont overstock (too much)

The Big cat fish will also be getting moved from the side pond to the main pond in time for our fisrt competition on the 5th of December.

We have several good expats at catching the Pacu (Pla Jeramid) so I'm hoping some will come to beat the locals, I myself will be back on Monday afternoon

regards P

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » November 11, 2009, 3:08 pm

Thanks for the info (p) went yesterday with the girlfriend i was fishing for jeremid caught 2 ,the girlfriend was fishing for anything she caught panine ,jeremid ,catfish,gourami,and took great delight in telling me the score everytime she brought one in ,funny thing was didn.t realise it was a match,final score (so i was told) thailand (8) england (2) :D cheers :cry:

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » November 11, 2009, 3:19 pm

Red67

Glad you enjoyed your day out but disappointed you let the side down [-X better luck next time
:D

P (Paul)

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » November 11, 2009, 3:34 pm

hi paul ....she fishes with the float and the coil feeder with all the hooks ,im to lazy to be baiting all those hooks and mixing bait i just use one hook on the bottom for jeremid , and prefer to relax with a beer in nice surroundings(thats my excuse anyway) return match friday ,,,,cheers :^o :^o :^o :^o

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » November 11, 2009, 3:44 pm

Red67,

Try fruit and not so deep for the Pla Jeramid (as they are big fruit eaters apples and especially love pineapples and bananas too!

I look forward to meeting you if you are at the Park next week.

Paul

red67
udonmap.com

Post by red67 » November 11, 2009, 4:06 pm

paul ,,,,,,met up with johnty the other week he gave me a few tips we had a few good afternoons,fishing for jeremid ,great sport ,caught on jack fruit and banana,the two i caught yesterday fell to carrot will prob be going friday this week and then monday or tuesday ,see you there ;)

Texpat
udonmap.com

Post by Texpat » November 16, 2009, 4:49 am

Fruit-eating fish? :confused:

I need to go lie down.

pompui
udonmap.com

Post by pompui » December 3, 2009, 10:39 am

Just wanted to say me and the extended family had an enjoyable 4 hours fishing/eating/drinking yesterday in hut H4.Managed to catch a couple (total weight 2.5kg)and took home for barbecue
Plus side, very reasonable prices for large Leos at 55 baht and food was very good.We were hoping for 1kg of barbecued prawns but were told there was only 1/2kg in stock,hope no one came later and wanted some.
The 2 americans at the far end of the fishing park did catch a lot.
Thanks. 8)

pongpong
Udonmap Sponsor

Post by pongpong » January 4, 2010, 12:09 pm

Happy New Year to all our Customers

Please note we will be closed this Wednesday (6th of January) to allow our staff and Fish!! A well deserved New Year break!!and allow us to restock the ponds

We currently run Competitions every Saturday from 10.00 to 16.00 and Tuesday and Thursday Nights from 16.00 to 21.00. The format is simple with the winner taking 80% of the ticket money raised along with the cup for the heaviest fish caught so even complete beginners have a fighting chance. Tickets are priced at 150 baht each for Saturdays and 100 Baht for night competitions.

We also have a new Chef who is even better than the last one and a lot quicker too!
Our prices remain unchanged from last year with fishing costing 40 baht for up to 4 hour hours and 80 baht all day, However if you bill comes to 300 baht per rod we will not charge for fishing i.e. spent 600 Baht and 2 rods can fish for free

Our opening hours remain the same 10 to 10 However if you want to fish out with these times this can be arranged by calling P on 0857570326 to book, cost per hour for this extra service is very competitive at 50 baht per hour. This will allow early risers the chance to have a chance of a great early mornings fishing.

Kind Regards P

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”