Sabai Sabai Fishing Park - Udon Thani

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
1richyhop
udonmap.com

Post by 1richyhop » May 7, 2012, 5:46 pm

just come back from sabai sabai. had a great days fishing . plenty of pla nin .e few big jeramid and two huge carp not sure what type . all caught on bread. staff were not very pleasant though but the fishing made up for it

dunroaming
udonmap.com

Post by dunroaming » May 7, 2012, 7:41 pm

Just be careful what else you catch I caught Cholera last time there!! Unknown to me the staff were empting the sewage tanks into the property next door then pumping the water back in when the ponds got low! Now that I am no longer involved and the money has dried up cant see this practice being stopped as 1200 baht to empty the tanks isnt cheap when needed 1-2 times a week.

Wee Jimmy
udonmap.com

Post by Wee Jimmy » October 30, 2012, 10:17 am

Sabai Sabai Fishing.

Whilst in Udon yesterday we took a look into Sabai Sabai fishing park.
This place was at one time Udons number one fishing park but over the months since Paul left it has deteriorated and seldom open.
However, the gate was open yesterday and the wife and I went to have a look. Most of the huts have gone or are in a state of ruin and there was junk lying all over the place.

There was also a truck there removing some odds & ends.

We spoke to the old lady who was there for a while looking after the place after Paul left and we were told that there were new people opening the park again soon.

I don’t think it will ever get back to the standard Paul had it at but we will have to keep watching for it opening again.

Sabai Sabai Fishing was always a good day out.

If anyone here of it opening please post here.

WJ.

udonthani
udonmap.com

Post by udonthani » October 31, 2012, 1:12 am

One of the problems with Sabai is that every fu.. time :evil: there was just a small flooding, Sabai was flooded too. almost all of the fish was disapearing, you could always see it, because many people was fishing close to. I pass it 2 times every day when I take my daughter to and from school from Ban Mumon, once it was a nice and pleasent place but not certanily not anymore. I think all started 1½ year ago with the first big flooding here, all the fish was gone :(
Moon

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”