Back in town

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Back in town

Post by Thai_1_On » October 16, 2009, 8:53 am

Guess who? Yep I'm coming into town today. So is Center Point still the location to meet up with many of the board members or has it moved to a new location?

Sorry I haven't been on the board for a while, I've been teaching my butt off out here in deepest Issan. I'll fill you all in when I get to town. See you tonight!

T1O

laphanphon

Re: Back in town

Post by laphanphon » October 16, 2009, 9:58 am

3 markets now, preecha is the usually 2nd saturday meet up, udon tent, new one, if you haven't seen yet, to the right on train station rd, is the 4th saturday meet up, i believe. center point is actually the name of the other market on train side of rd, left hand. can usually find a forum member or 2 at 652 bar/pool/munchies, on nong bua rd in the afternoon, 2 pm ish. sorry, out of town, be back soon is still around, guessing you got 1 more weeks of break, at least. :lol: 8)

aznyron
udonmap.com

Post by aznyron » October 16, 2009, 10:25 am

LA you got it backwards 2 nd Sat is the N/M and the 4th sat is the UD center as for the 652 bar go there any day at 2 pm you will find cliff & rito and maybe LA if in town as for the 652 it seems a few of them prefer going there then the N/M &UD center the meet nights I guess our company is no longer wanted. the beer is cheaper at the N/M and U/D so it must be us. Thai 1 welcome back to civilization I know the feeling
I live in the boonies 4 days a week then in town 3 I rented a room in town this way I can come and go as I please I also have internet in my room with my computer be well safe trip coming to town

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » October 17, 2009, 3:13 pm

Man I can't believe how fast this place is growing! I was shocked to see all the building going on by the train station :shock: I have really become a country bumpkin now living out in the boonies.

A teacher friend of mine from Mahasarakham joined me last night at the 652, what a great place. The owner is a awesome host as we drank, talked, and listened to great music till the wee hours of the morning. I wish we had a place like this even close to where I live and teach now.

In town for another day or so as I have to return to teach at my part-time gig at an American owned "mun" factory just outside of town. I think I'll head back up to 652 (scene of the crime last night ;) ) and try to meet up with a few of you guys.

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » October 17, 2009, 3:21 pm

:guiness: :drunk: \:D/ :confused: :lol: CU tonight Dave

Gozzo
udonmap.com

Post by Gozzo » October 17, 2009, 3:23 pm

Wish I was there to have a beer with you. Still stuck in the "Aussie" boonies. It sounds like you are still enjoying your teaching gig near Mahasarakham.

I hope your students are still excelling in their studies as much as they were last year.

Enjoy your evening in the 652. Cheers mate. :D

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » October 17, 2009, 3:29 pm

Man I can't believe how fast this place is growing
quite amazing, i've only been here 9 yrs, and it's at least 5 fold in big projects and 10 fold in traffic congestion and pollution. can't imagine what it was earlier. use to be getting around town at rush hour was how it is now at late lunch hour. now it's gridlock :evil:

a couple nice changes, but most i don't utilize, adds to my stress, if possible. :lol:

catch you next time in town. Jim is an excellent host. :D

Thai_1_On
udonmap.com

Post by Thai_1_On » October 17, 2009, 3:41 pm

Thanks Gozzo and I'm happy to say that our MEP program is now 8th in overall student performance out of 24 schools with EP/MEP here in Issan. To say the least I'm loving it but it's the kids that have worked so hard to achieve this =D>

I'd love to move back to Udon as the new add-on to our house is almost done and the house is looking great. Problem is I love the school where I'm teaching now and I'm not sure I could find a school here in Udon with the same vibe as the one I'm at. I guess when contract time comes up next year I'll take a look around Udon again and see whats available and go from there.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”