Ban Dung Christmas Rocks

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Re: Ban Dung Christmas Rocks

Post by sissor-mouth » December 31, 2010, 9:41 pm

jackspratt wrote:
sissor-mouth wrote: (NEVER JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER JS) :-#
Everything I have read thusfar leads me to believe you are all cover, and no book s-m.

Without dwelling too long on that, all the best in the new year. :D

and would that be a An enlightening and factual book you are reading there Jack in fact a book on "how to have fun in rice field" or "100 uses of a bamboo stick" might be worth a read??? or prehaps "what do they call a Amphoe of land that becomes a full district" hahahah \:D/ anyway back the the OP and happy new year

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » December 31, 2010, 9:46 pm

It's called a CHANGWAT,And NOT a Bloody Jan Watt,Whoever She may be........You learn something everyday on these boards,DONT You ?????

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Post by sissor-mouth » January 1, 2011, 1:56 am

747man wrote:It's called a CHANGWAT,And NOT a Bloody Jan Watt,Whoever She may be........You learn something everyday on these boards,DONT You ?????

oh look !!! well 747 i'm limited to 26 letter's on how to pronounce a thai word hahaha "changwat" are you sure about that i'd say " jun-g-watt" not " chang" watt .... what has elephants got to do with a identity of a particular district.
funny i quite know what i'm talking about 747 i guess them rice fields can send you over the edge cause i senced bitterness in you past post try to smile a little mate
happy new year :-"

DermotC
udonmap.com

Post by DermotC » January 1, 2011, 3:34 am

Living in the country is quite appealing to me after spending most of my life in various cities around the globe. Having said that some people prefer rice fields and some prefer cities. Can you all just leave it at that?

Happy New Year, where ever you may be!

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » January 1, 2011, 8:01 am

:lol: Happy NY sissormouth!By the way have you looked at the girls from From Figi ?:lol:

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » January 1, 2011, 11:32 am

Having missed out on the "rocking" Xmas celebrations in Ban Dung, I had thought about taking a trip there for the New Year countdown, but unfortunately didn't make it. :(

Maybe next year then, unless I get a special invitation from any board members to any forthcoming special functions. ;)

A Happy & prosperous New Year to all. :D

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » January 1, 2011, 11:41 am

i was in ban dung 2 years ago and while i admit ban dung is not for me,(i like a different area) having said that i love the country living and would like to set up home one day in the rice field the sticks what ever you want to call it,have my own vegie patch couple of dogs no neighbors build a pool and basically have my own oasis,i currently live 2 minutes from the beach and ive been to the beach 12 times this summer.i think the old saying about different strokes for different folks applies here,and as long as your with the people you love and care for who cares where you live.(gees im getting soft as i get older)happy new year all. :D

patriot
udonmap.com

Post by patriot » January 1, 2011, 12:21 pm

Dung Beetles ...... the lot of 'em :D

trubrit
udonmap.com

Post by trubrit » January 1, 2011, 12:40 pm

Whats all this talk about living in the country and the rice fields in a derogatory manner? I live in the country and have all the same amenities as living in the town without the noise and air pollution. For me the rice fields and the mountain backdrop are part and parcel of the charm of living here. As the seasons go by I have an ever changing vista of the rice growing until it reaches that beautiful golden colour when its ready to harvest and the activity that entails .Sheer bliss .
Who needs bars and pizza places ?
Ageing is a privilige denied to many .

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » January 1, 2011, 2:13 pm

agree with everything you said except the one about the air pollution yes it is good most of the day but when night falls everybody wants to burn every bit of plastic in the house,thats the villages without the bins,yep no neighbors for me. :D

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 1, 2011, 2:33 pm

I am definately a rice field man..give me rural folk, and rural living, and a block of land anyday..geez if you cant piss off your own patio /deck, then you dont know what freedom really is.

nkstan
udonmap.com

Post by nkstan » January 1, 2011, 2:41 pm

maaka wrote:I am definately a rice field man..give me rural folk, and rural living, and a block of land anyday..geez if you cant piss off your own patio /deck, then you dont know what freedom really is.
:lol: :lol: I notice alot of Thai men pissing in public,so i guess freedom isn't only confined to the rice fields! :lol:

Speaking of pissing,how long did it take for others to get used to women in the mens rest rooms while your taking a piss?I have been here 13+ years and although I accept it,it still feels strange! :lol:

grozza
udonmap.com

Post by grozza » January 1, 2011, 4:38 pm

the first time i was in the marine bar disco in pattaya i went for a slash and as i was at the urinal i felt two hands on my shoulders well i have never stop mid stream before but i did, i turned around and kindly told the gentleman yes thats right a man was doing it to take his hands off of me,he did but i could not finish what i had started.anyway i turned around and hes there standing with a towel ready to dry my hands.ive told mates about it and the cleaners they just cant believe it. :shock:

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Post by sissor-mouth » January 1, 2011, 5:50 pm

HAPPY NEW YEAR as I munch on a Turkey and Branston pickle between 2 oven baked bread while a pile of MC coys Roast Beef Crisps accompany the authentic snack.
So lets all put our cyber heads together and try to establish maybe even compile a Informative list of whats pratical and fun activity in a rice field .

1. Farm Rice
2. Watch Rice grow
3. Sword fight with a bamboo stick (caution eye protection needed)
4. invite the outlaws to get drunk under a mango tree while doing you best not to look out of place.
5. errrr errrrr i give up

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 1, 2011, 6:47 pm

sissor-mouth wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR as I munch on a Turkey and Branston pickle between 2 oven baked bread while a pile of MC coys Roast Beef Crisps accompany the authentic snack.
So lets all put our cyber heads together and try to establish maybe even compile a Informative list of whats pratical and fun activity in a rice field .

1. Farm Rice
2. Watch Rice grow
4. invite the outlaws to get drunk under a mango tree while doing you best not to look out of place.
6. Burying trolls?

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » January 1, 2011, 6:54 pm

jackspratt wrote:
sissor-mouth wrote:HAPPY NEW YEAR as I munch on a Turkey and Branston pickle between 2 oven baked bread while a pile of MC coys Roast Beef Crisps accompany the authentic snack.

1. Farm Rice
2. Watch Rice grow
6. Burying trolls?
Jack

U could sit under a coolabar tree and drink " Mighty Changs "

sissor-mouth
udonmap.com

Post by sissor-mouth » January 1, 2011, 7:05 pm

jackspratt wrote:

1. Farm Rice
2. Watch Rice grow
6. Burying trolls?

mmmm jack me being a " pom noy" (little man) i think it,s thai custom you pay i'll have a large leo cheers happy new year

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 1, 2011, 7:09 pm

No sign of either for a long time, wazz. :D

giant

Post by giant » January 17, 2011, 3:06 pm

Hello Jacksprat,you don't know me,and i don't know you,but you seem to know what i want to know,which is anything about Bandung and surrounding districts, as i'm coming to live!!! in Ban Muang in March.
I did a bit of shopping there about 3 months ago and know the road out to B.M. where i talked to a french guy at a bar,opposite the filling station.
Having read this forum a few times you seem to be happy there,and maybe "trubrit" can give me some advice,cos i"m one of those.
Happy New Year to all who read this' From giant in Pattaya. Like to hear from anyone;

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 17, 2011, 7:47 pm

giant, if you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

Bandung_Dero is a font of knowledge about Ban Dung, and also has more info about Ban Muang - he lives a lot closer to there than I do.

I would be interested to hear if trubrit has ventured to these parts (B D) - I can't remember him posting that he has.

The bar you mentioned is Gary's Bar - although Gary is no longer "Mine Host". It is now run/owned by a very friendly Icelander named Emile.

The better known (and patronised) bar is of course the world-famous Eddies Bar - in the main drag, about 300 metres past the hospital.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”