Ping pong/table tennis

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
Bugs Bunny
udonmap.com

Ping pong/table tennis

Post by Bugs Bunny » July 1, 2011, 12:31 pm

Hello, returning to Udon in the middle of july. Wondering where to play ping-pong in the area? Any teams? Clubs? Tournaments? Not me, but my son, 14, who has been playing for a year and will be disapointed if he cannot play during our 4 week stay.

PRichard
udonmap.com

Ping pong/table tennis

Post by PRichard » July 1, 2011, 7:11 pm

Hello Bugs Bunny, your son will NOT be disappointed!

The Table Tennis Player Group of Udon Thani (translated name from a Thai group name) plays regularly at Udon Thani Institute of Physical Education. It is a good facility with 4 new tables. They used to play at Rajabhat University but the facility has been moved to the Institute Of Physical Education early this year since mid-February 2011.

When: Everyday 5pm – 9pm. All are welcome.
Where: Udon Thani Institute Of Physical Education.
Cost: If pay by year: 500 baht/year; If pay by day: under 18-10 baht/day; over 18-20 baht/day. This is to help offset the cost of administration and electricity.

The link below shows a general map of the Institute Of Physical Education.

https://foursquare.com/venue/6630512

When you enter the main gate from the ring road, the building is on your left with a big poster sign (in Thai) saying that this building is for the Table Tennis Learning/Practicing Center. You can also see this poster sign when you are driving pass the place on the ring road.

The link below is the Udon Thani Table Tennis Player web board (in Thai):

http://www.pingpongboard.com/showdetail ... rdid=26950

Another alternative is that you are welcome to play at my house. I have a Butterfly table and a Newgy 2040 training ball machine. I would strongly suggest that you try this alternative at least once while you are in Udon! We’ll have fun.

Please PM me if I can be of any help. Cheers.

Bugs Bunny
udonmap.com

Ping pong/table tennis

Post by Bugs Bunny » July 4, 2011, 7:56 pm

Thank you very much for info. I also found out that there is a big tournament in Pattaya 6-8 august where my son will be playing.

chanthima13
udonmap.com

Ping pong/table tennis

Post by chanthima13 » July 17, 2011, 11:08 am

Hello Koon ..prichard ..I am chanthima my husband and I enjoyed playing pingpong very much do you have a phone number I can call I want to take him to this place ka ,,

Thanks ja

PRichard
udonmap.com

Ping pong/table tennis

Post by PRichard » July 17, 2011, 6:01 pm

chanthima13 wrote:Hello Koon ..prichard ..I am chanthima my husband and I enjoyed playing pingpong very much do you have a phone number I can call I want to take him to this place ka ,,

Thanks ja
Here's the info in Thai copied from their forum. My apology to our foreign friends - please have your Thai wife help you. Also note that I have not called these numbers personally so I don't know if they are still valid. I went there last night and it was packed with activities on all 4 tables. I didn't play since I was too pooped out after hitting golf balls at the range. At my age only one activity a day is plenty enough. Cheers.

"ย้ายบ้านใหม่จากราชภัฏอุดรมาเป็ฯสถาบันพลศึกษาอุดร หลังโรงยิมบาสเกตบอลเรียบร้อย โต๊ะใหม่4ตัว พื้นเนียนมาก เปิดบริการ 17.00-21.00น ทุกวัน ช่วยค่าไฟต่อวัน 10 บาท/คน ช่วยค่าไฟรายปี 500บาท/คน/ปี นะครับ สอบถามการเดินทาง
ป๊อก 0800132334
โหน่ง 0817777370
อาณัติ 0840322834"

chanthima13
udonmap.com

Ping pong/table tennis

Post by chanthima13 » July 17, 2011, 10:20 pm

thanks ka ,,k. Richard for the info ..

J

thaipantsman

Re: Ping pong/table tennis

Post by thaipantsman » August 19, 2016, 1:18 pm

similar to some other enquires I'm a keen table tennis player 50 + have played some lower Pennant back in Melbourne and would like to have a hit a few games even some coaching, anything. Be nice on a regular basis. Can anyone advise me? If someone is interested in Coaching I could exchange for some English tuition or just pay extra for Coaching is OK. Not over serious. I love my time hanging out at Chiangmai Uni Table Tennis 20 years ago, they taught me how to loop and get more of the game. I'm not good enough for the better players tho . My Thai number is 099 2261702. I'll be away for a few weeks and back soon.

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » September 23, 2020, 10:33 am

Looking to buy a ping pong table..... where in Udon for a decent quality ?

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » September 23, 2020, 8:21 pm

You might do better on the "Where to Buy Things" thread.

viewforum.php?f=116

timmy
udonmap.com

Post by timmy » September 24, 2020, 9:15 am

the only good " ping pong " i,ve ever seen in Thailand was at " Soi Cowboy " and " Nana Plaza " you did,nt even need to take your bat ...

kopkei
udonmap.com

Post by kopkei » October 6, 2020, 6:24 am

if unable to find in udon , lazada /shopee search โต๊ะปิงปองมาตรฐานแข่งขัน ;)

rct
udonmap.com

Post by rct » October 6, 2020, 6:39 am

Thanks.

"Where to buy" thread didn't show any.

Ended up buying Dragonfly from stock at Super Sports in Central for 4,990 baht. They had blue or green. They are behind the doors in back corner of the shop.

They don't deliver ( we live about 3 km from the store). I gave the likeable sales guy a day to see if he could help arrange delivery. He came through, 3 Super Sports staff brought it in their pickup and set it up with smiles all around. Worthy of 600 baht tip.

Well worth it!

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”