UD Waterpark

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
phen
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by phen » April 20, 2014, 1:15 pm

We also have a great time 3 weeks ago.
My girl was second in the swimming game and get free coupons for bowling,karaoke and skating.
Yesterday we go to Central to reward the coupons and than the Thai joke come out.
Free Skating is only available in Bangkok. :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
The Rink has nothing to do with Play port and are not happy with the coupons from "Major group"
We buy tickets so that she can skate, but it gives a dirty taste in the mouth.

socksy
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by socksy » April 20, 2014, 2:30 pm

Techland wrote:
socksy wrote:I have discovered a new place to go at the U-turn before Nakaburri on the Nong Khai road - it's set off the main road about 100 metres after the U-turn. It has slides for the kids - smaller pool but enough. It has two small childrens pools and adult pool is only 1.5 metres at it's deepest point. No cap required, good food and beverages available, parking and 100 baht for me and her inclusive. I can't read Thai but she tells me it is called Meelan or Milan.
Your description is similar to the Nakaburi resort, and not. Price there is higher and the water more deep. So is this a new one or is it the Nakaburi Resort?
New one Techland. As I said U-turn before Nakaburi. I was there Friday and the water was clean as well.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Teacher Dan » May 12, 2014, 8:49 pm

New Waterpark in the Udon area--near Nonghan on the Sakon Nakhon Road!

The boys and I went today and we rate it an "A" and far better than Udon's Playport--particularly for older kids. There is still an area for young children to play, but there is also more slides and play area for older kids as well. The one hit I might have for it is that on the largest slides, the pool at the base is a little too shallow and small for the speed you are coming down those slides. Large people (like myself) definitely want to curl up their legs into a cannonball position before impact as if you don't there is risk of driving your heels into the bottom of the pool--I did on my first slide, but it only stung a bit and didn't cause any lasting harm. Afterwards, I made sure to bring my legs up before impact. These pools are not salt water and I didn't smell a strong chlorine smell, so that may become an issue if they aren't using enough, but since it just opened I'm sure that will be worked out.

Pluses for the park:

1. Price - 69 baht per person instead of 99 baht. Today was 59 baht as a special.

2. Costs Inside - Unlike Playport they haven't jacked up all the prices inside for sodas, water, beer (if you drink), and even ice cream. A coke was still 15 baht and a water still 10 baht for the usual size, but the Oishi teas were a larger bottle and a bit more expensive and the Magnums were 5 baht more than normal 7-11 prices. They also have food vendors, but we didn't eat, so I don't know their pricing.

3. 6 big slides for middle-sized to big kids and 3 slides for little kids in the toddler area.

4. < 10 km from my home as I live closer to Nonghan than Udon, but still only about 25-30 km from Big C on Sakon Nakhon Road.

5. Near the Farm - if anyone hasn't gone out to show their kids the Farm, it's only about 6 km past the Farm and something you could easily do after a day in the water and sun if you had the urge and energy.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » May 12, 2014, 11:51 pm

Great post - we'll try it!

socksy
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by socksy » May 13, 2014, 7:02 am

Is it on the same side of the highway as the Farm going from Udon?
Alba gu bràth

merchant seaman
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by merchant seaman » May 13, 2014, 7:04 am

Opposite side of the road.
No man has a good enough memory to be a succesful liar.

socksy
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by socksy » May 13, 2014, 7:29 am

Thanks Merchant
Alba gu bràth

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Teacher Dan » May 14, 2014, 9:41 am

Yeah, Thanks Merchant. I was intimidated by those adds asking me to download stuff that suddenly appeared yesterday so I never got on to check. Sorry, I didn't mention the side of the road thing initially.
“In an age of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act. You reap what you sow--if you treat me with respect, I respond in kind; but if you insult or disrespect me, I treat you with the contempt your deserve."

Techland
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Techland » May 14, 2014, 12:45 pm

We tried and give it a thumbs up as well. Note that they still seem to improve/extend it. In the end this park may have an entrance fee of 99 Baht as well but definitely worth the money.

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by SanukJoe » May 14, 2014, 2:06 pm

Two, make it three questions:
1. Nonghan - is it possible to rent swimsuits? I go tomorrow with 6 village girls and only my daughter has a swimming suit.
2. Nakhaburi - it says Mountain Park open 14.00? Or now in the holiday season 10.00? Please advice.
3. Nakhaburi alternative - how to find it? Name? Left or right side on the HW Udon-NK?

rct
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by rct » May 14, 2014, 2:51 pm

What is "The Farm" ?

Perhaps start a new thread. My wife is from Nonghan, we have two kids, and I have never heard of The Farm.

parrot
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by parrot » May 14, 2014, 3:03 pm

rct wrote:What is "The Farm" ?

Perhaps start a new thread. My wife is from Nonghan, we have two kids, and I have never heard of The Farm.

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/p ... an#p342892

papaguido
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by papaguido » May 14, 2014, 3:13 pm

SanukJoe wrote:Two, make it three questions:
1. Nonghan - is it possible to rent swimsuits? I go tomorrow with 6 village girls and only my daughter has a swimming suit.
2. Nakhaburi - it says Mountain Park open 14.00? Or now in the holiday season 10.00? Please advice.
3. Nakhaburi alternative - how to find it? Name? Left or right side on the HW Udon-NK?
Nakhaburi-from the ring road & Nong Khai intersection it's about 14 kilo on the left hand side.

Here's a link the resorts contact page, you can call for more info regarding schedule.

http://www.nakhaburi.com/contac-e.html

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by SanukJoe » May 14, 2014, 3:29 pm

Thanks Papaguido =D>

socksy
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by socksy » May 15, 2014, 5:57 am

Take the u-turn just before Nakhaburi and about fifty yards on the left set off from the main road is a new place called Meelan/Milan. Cleaner and cheaper than Nakhaburi with food and refreshments available. More child friendly not too deep and with kids slides. And they do swimwear hire. It opens 9am (as do the slides)
Alba gu bràth

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by SanukJoe » May 15, 2014, 7:27 am

Thanks socksy, can I risk to take 6 girls there that have seen pics of the Mountain Park? They are very excited about it, but I would prefer to go to the one you recommend. I heard that MP is quite expensive with food and drinks, and having to feed 6 + me would get substantially more expensive. If MP is "The place to be" I will go there, but might try the other one first, I guess as you point it out, it's before MP and on the other side, right?

socksy
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by socksy » May 15, 2014, 7:52 am

SanukJoe on the other side of the highway from Nakhaburi. Do the u-turn just shy of Nakhaburi then about 50 metrers on the left. Don't worry if you miss the first u-turn, you can do the next one not so far up the road. It was 100 baht for me and my 6-year-old inclusive.
Alba gu bràth

SanukJoe
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by SanukJoe » May 15, 2014, 8:01 am

Thanks! Off now, about 100 km.........

boes
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by boes » May 15, 2014, 11:58 am

Thanks for the Meelan tip - will give it a try next time we pass...

Teacher Dan
udonmap.com

UD Waterpark

Post by Teacher Dan » May 15, 2014, 2:50 pm

SanukJoe wrote:Two, make it three questions:
1. I didn't rent any suits at Nonghan as the boys and I have ours already, but I saw a LOT of kids wearing what appeared to be the same suit, so I assume they rent them. They did have a shop, so it's possible that they all bought them, but considering how frugal the average Thai is, I doubt it.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”