Tour Guide/Companies

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
RockyRoc
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by RockyRoc » September 25, 2013, 4:17 am

Planning a trip to Udon Thani in the future. Are there any tour guides or companies that do day tours?

RockyRoc
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by RockyRoc » September 30, 2013, 3:13 pm

So, by the lack of a response it would be safe to say there is/are no tour guides/companies operating in UT?

Ant2
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by Ant2 » September 30, 2013, 4:56 pm

The lack of response is because you wrote about something of substance & interest. If you had written that you had a problem having a cr-p when you got up this morning you would have got maybe 150 replies, that is about the standard of the keyboard jockeys here.
I did see your earlier post & considered doing the guide bit for you myself, unfortunately I am off back to the UK in 2 weeks time so will not be able to help you out, sorry it would have been my pleasure.

parrot
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by parrot » September 30, 2013, 5:00 pm

Several years ago a Rahjapat grad advertised tour services.....but that's the only sign I've ever seen publicly promoting such a thing. A shame, really, cause I think an enterprising, honest individual could make some cash on the side if it was advertised and operated smartly.

Macca
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by Macca » September 30, 2013, 5:07 pm

The wife is very keen to become a local guide and show people her village, the rice fields, local markets etc.
An "Insight to Issan".

There are many nice sights to see around Udon but unless the tourist rents a car they just won't get to see it.

Note: The thought of the wife being paid to visit a market :D :D :D

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by semperfiguy » September 30, 2013, 5:12 pm

This from a previous thread:

Tourguide, this week
Post by kapelay » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:35 am

Hi, I can show you round. If you are interested please email me at [email protected].
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

parrot
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by parrot » September 30, 2013, 7:45 pm

Rockyroc, keyboard jockey here with good news!

Lek's Auto Rental advertises chauffeurs who also offer tour guide services. Sounds like a good deal from a well-respected udonmap sponsor. If you take advantage of their services, how about post a follow-up to the forum for future reference.
Thanks
Attachments
Capture.JPG

Ant2
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by Ant2 » September 30, 2013, 9:31 pm

Hi Rockyroc. Glad I stirred up the hornets nest for you, have a nice trip.

RockyRoc
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by RockyRoc » October 1, 2013, 4:18 am

At first I thought there wasn't any real interest in my query, but to my surprise some good leads, tks Ant2 for the board nudge and parrot for the info on Leks.

maaka
udonmap.com

Tour Guide/Companies

Post by maaka » October 1, 2013, 10:48 am

oh there was interest on my behalf, but gives us time, geez its only 6 days since your original post, and I was waiting for some more information from you, regarding when you arrive, how you intended to travel around ( car, hire car, motorbike ), how often you wanted to be led around, how much you were willing to dish out etc etc...

RockyRoc
udonmap.com

Re: Tour Guide/Companies

Post by RockyRoc » December 14, 2016, 2:00 pm

Well, I finally booked my ticket to return to Thailand (bucket list trip). My flight leaves USA on 3 May to Bkk. Leave Bkk and head to Udorn on 10 May for approx. 4 days (could be longer - leave Thailand 30 May). My intentions are to stay at the Pannerai (spelling is not my strong suit - especially after a couple shots of Crown) and like a reliable guide that speaks english with a vehicle for the 11th and 12th. Trip advisor noted at least 10 sites/places to visit. A little background on myself:
retired military, served at the 7th RRFS from mid 73 to 75. One of the places I would love to see is the site (I know from other posts that the Thai military now runs and restricts access, but one can still see the post from outside along with the vill across the street from the main gate. Wuz wondering if its permissible to take pics from the outside of the post without fear of being arrested? I'm really looking forward to this trip. I'm totally floored from the pics on the Forum and YOUTUBE videos on Udorn, unbelievable and exciting for me. Wuz wondering, I found a site from Chang Mai that helps/answers questions regarding the process for applying for a retirement visa (assistance with the process) and provides the ins and outs (for a price of course) for relocating. Any help guidance with my questions will be greatly appreciated.

RockyRoc
udonmap.com

Post by RockyRoc » December 17, 2016, 5:23 am

Well its been a couple days and no info or response. Is the board dead or is the topic dead?

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » December 17, 2016, 8:38 am

I don't think anyone has replied because no one can help you.
Personally I cannot think of anybody in or around Udon who is offering this service.

I believe that you will need to take a 'do-it-yourself' approach.
Decide where you want to go & get the reception staff at the Pannarai to book you a taxi to go to the places that you want to go.
It is doubtful that either the taxi driver, or many Thai people who you meet in Udon will have a very large command of the English language.

There are a couple of threads on 7th RRFS & maybe one of the Udon posters from that can help you in that area ...
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/topic37091.html
http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/topic7450.html

farlong68
udonmap.com

Post by farlong68 » December 17, 2016, 8:49 am

chuan language school also advertised guide services see adv. on udmaps homepage

semperfiguy
udonmap.com

Post by semperfiguy » December 17, 2016, 8:52 am

farlong68 wrote:chuan language school also advertised guide services see adv. on udmaps homepage
Here it is! I remember reading that she would do guide services as well:

http://www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/t ... 26032.html
Colossians 2:8-10...See to it that no one takes you captive through philosophy and empty deception, which are based on human tradition and the spiritual forces of the world rather than on Christ. For in HIM dwells all the fullness of the GODHEAD bodily; and you are complete in HIM, who is the head of all principality and power.

ladda3904
udonmap.com

Post by ladda3904 » December 17, 2016, 6:49 pm

There a couple 7th vets living in the area. I am one of them but will be in the US during your time in Udorn. It is possible to visit the old site but you need to arrange in advance. Send an email to [email protected]. On Facebook you can check out Radarstation Ramasoon. I agree with the previous post, you may need to get help through your hotel. If you haven't been back to Udorn since your time at the 7th you will find things have really changed.

AussieBoy
udonmap.com

Post by AussieBoy » April 6, 2017, 7:41 pm

Master Builder

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”