Super Bowl Party

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
glalt
udonmap.com

Super Bowl Party

Post by glalt » January 24, 2007, 11:40 am

Are any of the bars going to open early enough to watch the Super Bowl live?

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » January 24, 2007, 12:00 pm

city lodge had it on 2 yrs ago (eagles lost, caught the 2nd half after dropping little one off at school), and i would imagine the irish clock will also have it on also, as hotels w/restaurant and tv in dining area. both will be open for early rising guest wishing breakfast. irish clock w/wide screen.

mackayae
udonmap.com

Post by mackayae » January 24, 2007, 12:10 pm

Harry's Bar has a super Bowl party each year. Starts at 6:00 am.

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 24, 2007, 3:53 pm

mackayae wrote:Harry's Bar has a super Bowl party each year. Starts at 6:00 am.
With free breakfast..........

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » January 24, 2007, 8:13 pm

Kudjap or Bust wrote:
mackayae wrote:Harry's Bar has a super Bowl party each year. Starts at 6:00 am.
With free breakfast..........
I would say "see you there" (just down the road from new place), but my team didn't make it. It would heve been a rematch and I think a different winner :!: But don't think I need to watch a team that likes midnight rides to new cities. Hope its one sided and Chi is the victor :!: 40 to zero would make me happy :D

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 25, 2007, 8:30 am

Sorry I won't be there either, I'm not a fan of US Footy. They wear all this "I can't get hurt" padding.

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 25, 2007, 9:17 am

Kudjap or Bust wrote:Sorry I won't be there either, I'm not a fan of US Footy. They wear all this "I can't get hurt" padding.
:lol: :lol: I doubt that would be your opinion if you had ever suited up and played American football :lol: :lol:

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 25, 2007, 9:34 am

I had a few run outs with a team from HP in Cupertino Ca when I worked for them over there. Running Back....

I have a UK rugby background having played for school, college and in local leagues. I've been hit harder in rugby than I ever was in US Footy

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 25, 2007, 9:42 am

Sounds like you were playing flag or touch!
I have watched a lot of rugby,never playing it,and I have never seen any hits that are as hard,fast and consistant as American football!
Plus,not to many computer geeks have played real competitive AF!

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » January 25, 2007, 10:00 am

:lol: I don't want to downgrade Harry's,as it is a good venue.The breakfast spread for last Superbowl,was great !There were alot of people there having fun,extra ''eye candy and more'' so there was plenty of service!
The problem for me was that I am a Football enthusiast and really wanted to be with others focused on the game!
This was not the case!The TV was hard to see or hear with all the foot traffic around the bar with very few paying attention to the game.There were alot of golfing buddies and regular customers having a fun time having nothing to do with the game.
So this year,I will go to a friend house with some othe people interested in the game and go to Harry's for other social activities.
For those whose priority isn't the Superbowl,Harry's Superbowl party is a fun place to be during the game! :)

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 25, 2007, 10:11 am

BKKSTAN wrote:Sounds like you were playing flag or touch!
I have watched a lot of rugby,never playing it,and I have never seen any hits that are as hard,fast and consistant as American football!
Plus,not to many computer geeks have played real competitive AF!
Didn't see any flags and there wasn't much touching going on, a lot of shoulder charging and girlie grabbing around the shoulders for tackles, It was a full contact game, lots of fun.................and as for your last comment, some of the guys I played with were indeed computer geeks, as you so elequantly put it, but still well over 200lbs and fit as a butchers dog. Most of them were outsiders, didn't actually work for HP........ a lot of brawn and not much grey matter...........

glalt
udonmap.com

Post by glalt » January 25, 2007, 11:43 am

Looks like Harry's it will be. Watching the game without the drunks and derelicts just isn't the same. :lol: Breakfast washed down with a bloody mary suits me once a year but I couldn't handle it very often. Tony Dungy has put together a couple of great teams (Buc's and Colts) but he has never been able to win the big one. I'd like to see the Colts win but if betting, I would go with the Bears.

Doc
udonmap.com

Post by Doc » January 25, 2007, 12:38 pm

Remember: You go to a Super Bowl party at a bar - there is going to be a lot of smoking going on. :-) :-)
Ain't Easy Being Me

Dakoda
udonmap.com

Post by Dakoda » January 25, 2007, 4:58 pm

Doc wrote:Remember: You go to a Super Bowl party at a bar - there is going to be a lot of smoking going on. :-) :-)
So just stay home and find something else to bitch at :P

VicVegas
udonmap.com

Post by VicVegas » January 26, 2007, 12:38 am

Kudjap or Bust wrote:I had a few run outs with a team from HP in Cupertino Ca when I worked for them over there. Running Back....
Cupertino CA, yeah, that sounds like top level American football. :roll:
I have a UK rugby background having played for school, college and in local leagues. I've been hit harder in rugby than I ever was in US Footy
I've got nothing but respect for rugby and Aussie Rules football. Those guys actually hit each other, unlike "soccer", where the boys in shorts flop to the ground and cry to the refs about being pushed by another player. :cry:

I've explained it before to soccer fans who scoff at the padding and helmets - without them there would be a career-ending injury on every play. Rugby and ARF have plenty of pushing and banging, but there's no head-on collisions like you have when a wide reciever hits a saftey at full speed. Ask an NFL quarterback who's been flattened by a 300-pound nose tackle if he thinks the padding and helmets are necessary?

Still, the NFL isn't the toughest game around - that would be hockey. Men on ice with sticks, and brawling is an accepted part of the game, now THAT's a tough sport. :fryingpan:

Paul
udonmap.com

Re: Super Bowl Party

Post by Paul » January 27, 2007, 2:49 pm

glalt wrote:Are any of the bars going to open early enough to watch the Super Bowl live?
This is the original post.
Answers to it are welcome

Name calling and debate about what is the 'tougher' sport isn't- take it some place else.

Previous 3 posts deleted for that reason.

ctm
udonmap.com

Post by ctm » January 28, 2007, 2:11 pm

You know Paul it is quite ***** of you to leave in Kudjap or Bust's insulting posts but censor my reply. But I guess english ***** stick together.

{Post edited to remove abusive comments}

Consider yourself warned.

UDONMAP MOD TEAM

Kudjap or Bust
udonmap.com

Post by Kudjap or Bust » January 31, 2007, 10:33 am

Firstly Paul may I apologise for adding abusive language to the forum, it is definitely not needed and not my usual style.

CTM is obviously just a wind up merchant and I fell for it hook line and sinker....

Good on you though for not lowering yourself to reply to his last post..

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » February 7, 2007, 9:50 pm

So who won the super bowl in the end ?

and was it a good game ?
Can You Dig It Dug.?

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » February 7, 2007, 10:11 pm

Excellent game!The colts won the game 29-17!The Bears opened the game with a run back of the kickoff for a 7-0 lead. :D

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”