Udon Water World.

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
User avatar
Macca
udonmap.com
Posts: 1057
Joined: May 30, 2011, 12:31 pm

Udon Water World.

Post by Macca » February 3, 2015, 1:13 pm

Took a trip to the new Udon Water World today and it looks fantastic, so will be back again on Saturday with the lad.
For those looking for an alternative day out it has something for all the family including play areas jet skis, those space pack things, lakeside eating.
Not sure of all the prices but to play on the water park (pics below) is 80 baht for kids and 160 for adults all day.
Seems reasonable to me

Located off the Western side of the city ring road, 5 kms out on the 3001
http://www.udonwaterworld.com/
Attachments
UD4.jpg
UD3.jpg
UD2.jpg
UD1.jpg



Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com
Posts: 153
Joined: December 30, 2014, 11:46 am
Location: Muang Udonthani

Udon Water World.

Post by Dreamcatcher » February 4, 2015, 2:31 pm

Macca wrote:Took a trip to the new Udon Water World today and it looks fantastic, so will be back again on Saturday with the lad.
For those looking for an alternative day out it has something for all the family including play areas jet skis, those space pack things, lakeside eating.
Not sure of all the prices but to play on the water park (pics below) is 80 baht for kids and 160 for adults all day.
Afternoon,

Yes, the entrance are certainly reasonable. Any ideas if dogs are allowed, Macca?

Cheerios
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

User avatar
Macca
udonmap.com
Posts: 1057
Joined: May 30, 2011, 12:31 pm

Udon Water World.

Post by Macca » February 4, 2015, 2:37 pm

Dreamcatcher wrote: Afternoon,

Yes, the entrance are certainly reasonable. Any ideas if dogs are allowed, Macca?

Cheerios
Never noticed any signs prohibiting dogs and can see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed as it is a massive open area.
I am going Saturday with the lad and will let you know more then

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com
Posts: 153
Joined: December 30, 2014, 11:46 am
Location: Muang Udonthani

Udon Water World.

Post by Dreamcatcher » February 4, 2015, 2:42 pm

Macca wrote:
Dreamcatcher wrote: Afternoon,

Yes, the entrance are certainly reasonable. Any ideas if dogs are allowed, Macca?

Cheerios
Never noticed any signs prohibiting dogs and can see no reason why they shouldn't be allowed as it is a massive open area.
I am going Saturday with the lad and will let you know more then
Thanks Macca,

Truly appreciate it! Hope it's going to be a positive one.

Then I shall be making a line for it with my lads and lass (all 4 legged, though)...lol.

Good shout! Cheerios:)
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

Nufc70
udonmap.com
Posts: 13
Joined: February 10, 2013, 1:32 am

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by Nufc70 » February 6, 2015, 11:46 pm

hi would you mind letting me know how much the jet ski hire is and some of the watersports? hoping to come back to udon with my wife over easter.

User avatar
Macca
udonmap.com
Posts: 1057
Joined: May 30, 2011, 12:31 pm

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by Macca » February 7, 2015, 7:15 am

Nufc70 wrote:hi would you mind letting me know how much the jet ski hire is and some of the watersports? hoping to come back to udon with my wife over easter.
I think, but don't quote me, the price list shown below says that
Jet Ski is 300 baht for 15 minutes or 600 for 30 minutes. :-k :-k :-k
It is an introductory price but not sure for how long.
Attachments
water1.jpg

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com
Posts: 153
Joined: December 30, 2014, 11:46 am
Location: Muang Udonthani

Udon Water World.

Post by Dreamcatcher » February 7, 2015, 10:42 pm

Greetings Macca,

Did you made it to the Water Park with your lad today? Hope you had a splendid time:)

Have you got any information pertaining to whether dogs are allowed entry?

Regards
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

User avatar
Macca
udonmap.com
Posts: 1057
Joined: May 30, 2011, 12:31 pm

Udon Water World.

Post by Macca » February 7, 2015, 10:50 pm

Sorry didn't make it today as the lad went with school for a Tiger day walk in Nong Bua Lamphu.
Will go next Saturday

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com
Posts: 153
Joined: December 30, 2014, 11:46 am
Location: Muang Udonthani

Udon Water World.

Post by Dreamcatcher » February 7, 2015, 11:16 pm

Macca wrote:Sorry didn't make it today as the lad went with school for a Tiger day walk in Nong Bua Lamphu.
Will go next Saturday
Thanks for the reply! :)

Cheerios
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

Nufc70
udonmap.com
Posts: 13
Joined: February 10, 2013, 1:32 am

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by Nufc70 » February 13, 2015, 3:12 am

thanks macca. those prices are very cheap, hopefully we can come over for easter :)

User avatar
Macca
udonmap.com
Posts: 1057
Joined: May 30, 2011, 12:31 pm

Udon Water World.

Post by Macca » February 16, 2015, 7:17 am

Dreamcatcher wrote: Have you got any information pertaining to whether dogs are allowed entry?

Regards
Took a trip there on Saturday afternoon and can't give you a clear answer.
There are no signs to say no dogs allowed and it is a very large area with 60 water side huts so can't see any problems.
Attachments
3.JPG
2.JPG
1.JPG

Dreamcatcher
udonmap.com
Posts: 153
Joined: December 30, 2014, 11:46 am
Location: Muang Udonthani

Udon Water World.

Post by Dreamcatcher » February 16, 2015, 8:47 am

Thanks Macca,

Will head down this weekend with my dogs and see how it goes.

Regards
"Speak only if it improves upon the silence." Gandhi

User avatar
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com
Posts: 3751
Joined: February 13, 2006, 2:02 am
Location: Udon Thani Thailand

Udon Water World.

Post by FrazeeDK » February 16, 2015, 10:41 am

Dave

Techland
udonmap.com
Posts: 596
Joined: June 28, 2006, 3:57 pm
Location: Germany/Udon

Udon Water World.

Post by Techland » February 16, 2015, 1:56 pm

This must be the best kept secret of Udon at this time. Went there yesterday with the family and it is pure paradise for the kids. It is also very nice for the parents, as the restaurant has plenty of choice and (IMHO) very good quality in what they do. Later in the afternoon you can see groups of people arriving just to have dinner with a view - and some show from the waterski gang etc. Highly recommended, and not too far outside.

This thing will be overrun soon when the word spreads, so better go now...

User avatar
Macca
udonmap.com
Posts: 1057
Joined: May 30, 2011, 12:31 pm

Udon Water World.

Post by Macca » February 16, 2015, 2:12 pm

Techland wrote:This must be the best kept secret of Udon at this time. Went there yesterday with the family and it is pure paradise for the kids. It is also very nice for the parents, as the restaurant has plenty of choice and (IMHO) very good quality in what they do.
The food portions were also surprisingly big, so good value for money. 80 baht for a large Leo was a good price too.
I took a walk around the lake and the place is far from being fully opened, none of the huts are fully finished and still other building taking place.
Will be there again next weekend and enjoy while we can because as Techland says this secret will soon be very popular as there is nothing else like it in Issan.

johnnya
New Member
Posts: 10
Joined: November 9, 2011, 3:01 am

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by johnnya » April 26, 2017, 12:09 am

Is this place still open for business? Was thinking of making a trip over there this week if it is? Any feedback regarding this place would be much appreciated.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9086
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by parrot » April 26, 2017, 9:25 am

Judging by recent posts on their Facebook page, they're in operation
https://www.facebook.com/udonwaterworld/

dingdong
udonmap.com
Posts: 491
Joined: December 25, 2012, 9:25 pm

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by dingdong » April 26, 2017, 10:38 am

Just drove by this morning and all is a go

User avatar
UdonThaniPete
udonmap.com
Posts: 153
Joined: April 5, 2017, 9:55 am
Location: Udon Thani

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by UdonThaniPete » April 26, 2017, 10:58 am

We were there on Sunday, not sure how much longer though, 2 of the children's inflatables were down, also a complete lack of Lifeguards on duty considering the amount of young children in the water, just keep with your own children for Safety's sake.
A pessimist see’s a difficulty in every opportunity,
A optimist see’s an opportunity in every difficulty,
I am the latter.

Fear Rua
udonmap.com
Posts: 44
Joined: October 5, 2013, 1:11 am

Re: Udon Water World.

Post by Fear Rua » May 19, 2017, 2:01 am

I was there a couple of weeks ago. Good fun but maybe not for small kids. They give you a life jacket so I presume they expect you to manage by yourself. I’d have murdered those slides and bouncy things as a teenager instead of being sore and bruised as I was. :p

Post Reply

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”