PC Cowboy Town

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

PC Cowboy Town

Post by FrazeeDK » January 12, 2017, 6:17 pm

Traveled out to PC Cowboy Town today. It's about 35km west of Udon on the Nong Bua Lamphu Highway and located here: https://www.google.co.th/maps/@17.26791 ... 452689,15z This 4,000 rai ranch has no entrance fee and it only cost us 100 baht a head to get the chauffeured large golf cart to take you around the farm (it is definitely NOT walkable). They have a variety of animals and other attractions that kids or adults would like: BB Gun range, ATV rides, horse rentals, carriage rentals, pedal boats, a Zip line ride across a lake (if you're less than a 100kg!!), a small cowboy show, and a small and slightly expensive Steak House restaurant with good steaks.. Definitely worth a day trip.. To tour the place, watch the cowboy show, and use some of the attractions plus stop for a meal would take perhaps 3-4 hours... If you've got kids I think they'd love it.. For us old codgers, it was worth the time and money to go out of town for the day...

Dave

parrot
udonmap.com

Re: PC Cowboy Town

Post by parrot » January 12, 2017, 6:23 pm

My wife and I went there a year or two ago with one of the village girls. I was likewise impressed......had a decent burger in the restaurant and toured the grounds. The owner has sunk a chunk of cash into the place.....well worth a few hours of time to tour, especially if you have kids.

Mosquito
udonmap.com

Post by Mosquito » January 12, 2017, 6:44 pm

normally hit the place on the weekends, always have paid an entrance fee (300 baht for 2 kids and 2 adults).

additionally, pay the 300 baht per kid package. covers zipline, horseback riding (weak and short 20 minute ride), food for the animals and normally have 2 tickets leftover unless they do the zipline twice.

had the burger with fries 3 years ago, very good........but to expensive for me.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 12, 2017, 6:55 pm

Been there a couple of times. Certainly worth a visit with kids.

The biggest surprise, if I recall correctly, was the absence of Thai food in the restaurant. It certainly seemed some quality beef was available, but with a price to match.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 12, 2017, 7:09 pm

we were there today with what appeared to be an entire school grade of kids perhaps 11-12 years old. All in their uniforms and having a good time.. The animal displays and cowboy show, zip lines, pedal boats et al are about 1.5 kilometers from the main area. They sell snacks and a bit of food in that area. Mostly the kids were getting big cups of MAMA noodles and the store had water boiling for them.. There was another store in the main area that had signs saying souvenirs and other things but we didn't go in there. They may also have had food.. The guide that drove us around said that on February 11th there will be a big Luk Tung concert in the main area..
Dave

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”