Volleyball Tournament

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9086
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Volleyball Tournament

Post by parrot » May 29, 2019, 3:18 pm

18 - 23 June at Tungsrimeuang. International tournament for women, ages below 21.
Attachments
61363660_2105622083070302_2116284120798593024_n.jpg



User avatar
neeemu
udonmap.com
Posts: 278
Joined: February 13, 2007, 2:53 am
Location: North East UK and Bantad, Udon

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by neeemu » May 29, 2019, 6:26 pm

Imagine the look on any married poster's wife's face if they got taken to watch that! I don't think mine would believe I'd suddenly taken an interest in the sport!

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2019, 6:45 pm

It can be a very interesting sport neeemu, but you have to study the tactics very closely.
11Volleyball.jpg

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com
Posts: 172
Joined: September 6, 2012, 4:53 am

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by NongKhaiLee » May 29, 2019, 8:23 pm

My wife is crazy about these volleyball tournaments, watches them on the net all the time. I'm from NongKhai and am not that familiar with Udon, I searched on Tungsrimeuang but didn't come up with much as far as location. Can you give me some help?

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11328
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by stattointhailand » May 29, 2019, 8:49 pm

Thung Si Mueang.jpg
Fawn coloured road running North/South is Route 2 (NK - Udon Rd)

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2784
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by saint » May 30, 2019, 7:44 am

Pervs paradise !!! I can just see loads of dodgy old falang who never venture far from soi sleeze lining up with their tongues hanging out .
I went to watch the Jet ski thingy last weekend and was surprised how few falang were there , considering it was free , and well advertised .
They always moan how boring life here is , nothing to do , ect , ect , Yet when there is something on its always well supported by the local Thais but not farang . Nowt as strange as folk i guess .

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5288
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by GT93 » May 30, 2019, 8:20 am

Under 21s. That should be very spectacular. :lol:

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com
Posts: 172
Joined: September 6, 2012, 4:53 am

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by NongKhaiLee » May 30, 2019, 1:28 pm

stattointhailand wrote:
May 29, 2019, 8:49 pm
Thung Si Mueang.jpg

Fawn coloured road running North/South is Route 2 (NK - Udon Rd)
Much Obliged!

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5288
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by GT93 » May 30, 2019, 1:49 pm

A 6 day treat for Udon (and Nong Khai) perves and volleyball lovers. :lol:

User avatar
Raoul Duke
udonmap.com
Posts: 271
Joined: March 29, 2017, 10:17 am
Location: 76.3 k's south of Laos border

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by Raoul Duke » May 30, 2019, 6:17 pm

Good times......damn good times.
Voiceover for hire.

User avatar
joepai
udonmap.com
Posts: 538
Joined: February 25, 2012, 1:21 pm

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by joepai » June 18, 2019, 3:32 pm

saint wrote:
May 30, 2019, 7:44 am
Pervs paradise !!! I can just see loads of dodgy old falang who never venture far from soi sleeze lining up with their tongues hanging out .
I went to watch the Jet ski thingy last weekend and was surprised how few falang were there , considering it was free , and well advertised .
They always moan how boring life here is , nothing to do , ect , ect , Yet when there is something on its always well supported by the local Thais but not farang . Nowt as strange as folk i guess .
Drove past this morning, however you were wrong with "dodgy old falang *** lining up with their tongues hanging out" as all I could see were "dodgy old Thai men" and yes, with their tongues out.
I was born with nothing and still have most of it left

User avatar
Brian Davis
udonmap.com
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 26, 2008, 8:14 pm
Location: Phen (Udon Thani Province)

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by Brian Davis » June 18, 2019, 6:45 pm

In all innocence :roll: , is there a schedule for matches i.e do games take place at particular times? On occasions, I'm kicking my heels waiting to collect my son from school, quite close to Tungsri Muang. I've previous experience of watching beach volleyball (World League or whatever it was called) at Karon Beach, Phuket.

User avatar
Brian Davis
udonmap.com
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 26, 2008, 8:14 pm
Location: Phen (Udon Thani Province)

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by Brian Davis » June 21, 2019, 5:31 pm

Had a quick look in there today and was quite impressed. A main court (is that the term for sand?) with fairly generous seating all round, then several other ordinary ones with not enough seating, it seemed. I didn't realise it was a women AND men tournament. Seems quite well organised. Hundreds of schoolkids today transported in, maybe because Thai players featured early (and I was told won). You either fit in with the atmosphere they create - or you don't. There are schedules posted.

User avatar
parrot
udonmap.com
Posts: 9086
Joined: March 19, 2006, 8:32 pm

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by parrot » June 21, 2019, 7:02 pm

https://www.smmsport.com/tv/
Click on Friday/Saturday/Sunday, it will show the schedule for those days

dunroaming
udonmap.com
Posts: 805
Joined: July 14, 2009, 1:34 pm

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by dunroaming » June 21, 2019, 9:56 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
June 21, 2019, 5:31 pm
Had a quick look in there today and was quite impressed. A main court (is that the term for sand?) with fairly generous seating all round, then several other ordinary ones with not enough seating, it seemed. I didn't realise it was a women AND men tournament. Seems quite well organised. Hundreds of schoolkids today transported in, maybe because Thai players featured early (and I was told won). You either fit in with the atmosphere they create - or you don't. There are schedules posted.
That means there was eye candy Brian or just great sportsmanship!

User avatar
Brian Davis
udonmap.com
Posts: 2136
Joined: January 26, 2008, 8:14 pm
Location: Phen (Udon Thani Province)

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by Brian Davis » June 22, 2019, 5:56 am

dunroaming wrote:
June 21, 2019, 9:56 pm
That means there was eye candy Brian or just great sportsmanship!
Both :lol:
I'm not in any way protesting :-" , but it continues to amaze me why the girls wear such small 'pants', particularly these days when there's increasing demand for, what's the word, respect. Normal size would not restrict their play.

User avatar
Barney
udonmap.com
Posts: 2946
Joined: November 1, 2012, 5:51 am
Location: Outback of Nong Samrong Udon Thani

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by Barney » June 22, 2019, 9:27 am

I’m only guessing but normal pant size may hold to much sand.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User avatar
GT93
udonmap.com
Posts: 5288
Joined: June 5, 2009, 9:37 am
Location: ฃอยชอบ Auckland

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by GT93 » June 22, 2019, 3:49 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
June 22, 2019, 5:56 am
dunroaming wrote:
June 21, 2019, 9:56 pm
That means there was eye candy Brian or just great sportsmanship!
Both :lol:
I'm not in any way protesting :-" , but it continues to amaze me why the girls wear such small 'pants', particularly these days when there's increasing demand for, what's the word, respect. Normal size would not restrict their play.
Money talks. They can earn more money as a sexy sportswoman than as a plain Jane sportswoman.

NongKhaiLee
udonmap.com
Posts: 172
Joined: September 6, 2012, 4:53 am

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by NongKhaiLee » June 23, 2019, 7:48 pm

saint wrote:
May 30, 2019, 7:44 am
Pervs paradise !!! I can just see loads of dodgy old falang who never venture far from soi sleeze lining up with their tongues hanging out .
I went to watch the Jet ski thingy last weekend and was surprised how few falang were there , considering it was free , and well advertised .
They always moan how boring life here is , nothing to do , ect , ect , Yet when there is something on its always well supported by the local Thais but not farang . Nowt as strange as folk i guess .
You must not get out and about much if you think there is such a lack of lookers here that your "pervs" have to go to volleyball games to find them. Besides people can get all of that they want on the internet now without even leaving their place.
This dodgy old farang went to the last day of the tournaments with his dodgy wife and their dodgy niece and they had a good time, I kept looking for the other dodgy farangs but I have to say I didn't see any...but maybe that's because I was looking for their tongue hanging out as a tipoff. It may surprise you, but there are male players in professional volleyball also.

TJ
udonmap.com
Posts: 1092
Joined: September 9, 2005, 9:16 am
Location: Udon Thani and USA

Re: Volleyball Tournament

Post by TJ » June 24, 2019, 12:11 am

GT93 wrote:
June 22, 2019, 3:49 pm
Brian Davis wrote:
June 22, 2019, 5:56 am
dunroaming wrote:
June 21, 2019, 9:56 pm
That means there was eye candy Brian or just great sportsmanship!
Both :lol:
I'm not in any way protesting :-" , but it continues to amaze me why the girls wear such small 'pants', particularly these days when there's increasing demand for, what's the word, respect. Normal size would not restrict their play.
Money talks. They can earn more money as a sexy sportswoman than as a plain Jane sportswoman.
Possibly, the earning of more money. But is that a good thing, the public display of immodesty? Especially as it was stated that hundreds of school children were brought in to see this event? What might be the affect of that, an exhibition that public immodesty might be or was acceptable in various sectors of society? IMO this takes some thought regarding what is being sacrificed in acceptable or traditional values for "more money."

Post Reply

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”