Kids Activities

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
caspernk
udonmap.com

Kids Activities

Post by caspernk » January 17, 2022, 11:58 am

Hi All,
Does anyone know of any kids activities in Udon or Nong Khai ?
I am looking for music classe (Thai & Western) , dance classes (Thai and Western) and sports activities (kids Muay Thai. Kids football etc ).

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Re: Kids Activities

Post by stattointhailand » January 17, 2022, 12:19 pm

Music shop does lessons on Wattana Nuwong Rd just North of Adunyadet Rd.
Dance classes (Tap/Modern/Ballet etc) not sure of road name. From Global traffic lights heading towards Nong Sim, go over railwayline then as road goes to the right before the lake, turn left, and its on right hand side about 100m

deankham
udonmap.com

Post by deankham » January 17, 2022, 12:53 pm

On the 3rd or 4th floor of Central you have several places doing music, dance, extra tutoring, etc.

All charge a pretty price and will try and sell you a package.

In my experience it is easy for the kids to get bored of these expensive lessons. i have 'wasted' plenty of cash on;
Guitar lessons (got bored after 2 lessons and after buying a small guitar never to be used again)
Dance lessons (after 3 lessons was done to only one child in the group, my daughter. Did not enjoy the remaining 7 lessons we had already paid for!)
Math tuition (did not learn anything of enjoy the experience. we ended up finding a good tutor on Sri Suk road that had a positive experience with).

A friend of mine paid for a Tennis Coach for his son. However in the end his Son almost had a mini breakdown as he was doing all day at School, then an hours home work class then an hours tennis then an hour to get home. This was 5 days per week and on weekend he had home tutoring all mornings. Poor lad was exhausted, especially the tennis in hot and humid weather.

If I had the time over again I'd put more attention into fun activities like Swimming, Horse Riding, Archery, etc plus a few tutoring classes by a good tutor in areas needing improvement.

Just my experience of course, but all kids are different and enjoy different things.

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » January 17, 2022, 2:08 pm

My princess lasted about 2 months at dance and 4 weeks at Piano ......... I still swear the only reason she lasted that long was because Mrs Statts hadn't managed to inform all an sundry within 50 miles that her baby was taking extra expensive lessons. I'd not been aware of this behaviour in UK, but now realise it is quite common. having seen a TV programme about mothers making their kids compete in beauty pageants

pepesgrill
udonmap.com

Post by pepesgrill » January 18, 2022, 9:29 am

sheesh you guys win daddies of the year award.
we got dumped off at local pee wee football
league. and had snot kicked out of us. literally

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”