Valentines 2023

Things to do and places to see in Udon Thani.
tamada
udonmap.com

Valentines 2023

Post by tamada » February 9, 2023, 5:59 am

Any recommendations for a nice, romantic venue for dinner and libations?

Ta
tam

PS: Oh aye, an' flooers for ma quine. Roses an' that. Ony guid florists in Oodorn?

'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Re: Valentines 2023

Post by Old Grumpy » February 9, 2023, 6:30 am

tamada wrote:
February 9, 2023, 5:59 am

Ta
tam

PS: Oh aye, an' flooers for ma quine. Roses an' that. Ony guid florists in Oodorn?
The 14th happens to be my birthday so I aways splash out and take the wifey out, couldn't last year due to the covid but I am hoping this year to do so.I am afraid the Thais don't seem to do romantics, although I did have a couple of years enjoying a candlelit dinner on the rooftop restaurant of the Prajakta hotel over looking the park with a couple of friends.I have learnt over the years the Thais generally, my wife anyway, prefer many people all sitting on a mat with lots of dishes. including the inevitable som tum, accompanied by mor lam music played at an ear splitting volume, so this year I am paying for a woman to come and cook and she will have about a dozen friends , mainly women all talking at once, of which I won't understand a word, sitting round the barbecue fire, getting merry on Chang and sprites, while I will sit further away with my inevitable cream birtday cake and possibly a glass of soda water , listening to a Thai rendition of the happy birtday song .Happy Days!
Age is a matter of mind.
If you don't mind, it doesn't matter.
Mark Twain,

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 9, 2023, 7:10 am

Happy b/day for the 14th Grumps, have a good time whatever you do, you only get one a year \:D/ :drunk: :guitar: :guiness:

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » February 9, 2023, 9:11 am

Yeah happy birthday Val .from Dao n myself ......

BTW did you get that hearing aid sorted out ?.. maybe leave it in the box till after Valentines day . :-"

@Tam ... surely in true Scottish style don yer kilt n spozza and drag the missus to a local sausage cart then doon tha pub stopping off at the nearest graveyard /temple to a source some flooers ... :lol: ornnee jesting lar

suppose your looking for a fine dining experience maybe check out some of the hotels im sure they will be doing something for VD .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

Udon Map
Admin

Post by Udon Map » February 9, 2023, 9:21 am

tamada wrote:
February 9, 2023, 5:59 am
Tha Naam. Romantic individual tables in little shelters lakeside. Live music.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Tha+N ... 11bw4t04nn

stattointhailand
udonmap.com

Post by stattointhailand » February 9, 2023, 9:22 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 9, 2023, 9:11 am

BTW did you get that hearing aid sorted out ?.. maybe leave it in the box till after Valentines day . :-"

@Tam ... surely in true Scottish style don yer kilt n spozza and drag the missus to a local sausage cart then doon tha pub stopping off at the nearest graveyard /temple to a source some flooers ... :lol: ornnee jesting lar

suppose your looking for a fine dining experience maybe check out some of the hotels im sure they will be doing something for VD .

DM
Free condoms from the mini bar might help :-"

Old Grumpy
udonmap.com

Post by Old Grumpy » February 9, 2023, 10:01 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:
February 9, 2023, 9:11 am

DM
Hi Jon, thanks for the greetings from you and Dao, re: the hearing aid been in touch with the one you mentioned Hear Plus and they told me likely cost would be about 13,000 bht each ear. Can't
afford that sort of money so looked further on line and discovered I might not need a hearing aid but a volume booster which are much cheaper so now I need to find who sells those and whether they would be suitable for me.

Return to “Things to do in Udon Thani”