Where to stay in Khon Kaen?

Issan the rural northeast forum
Adhoc
udonmap.com

Post by Adhoc » December 13, 2010, 6:44 pm

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good place to stay for a couple of nights in Khon Kaen?
Something like Top Mansion would be ideal.

thrilled
udonmap.com

Re: Where to stay in KK?

Post by thrilled » December 14, 2010, 2:01 am

go to khonkaenmap.com You'll find A reasonably priced hotel there.

farlong68
udonmap.com

Post by farlong68 » December 14, 2010, 4:54 am

chareon princess is nice and location is good a little pricey depending on time of year and your thai between 800 and 1000 baht with breakfast included have a nice trip

Prenders88
udonmap.com

Post by Prenders88 » December 14, 2010, 7:55 am

I always stay in the Kaen Inn.

Nice rooms, great location if you like to drop your trousers.

Breakfast included, and in house massage service.

http://www.khonkaen.com/english/hotels/kaen_inn.asp

lee
udonmap.com

Post by lee » December 14, 2010, 8:50 am

Adhoc wrote:Something like Top Mansion would be ideal.
There are many apartments dotted about all over the city. If you're looking for something central in the same price range of Top Mansion check out Chaipat Hotel: http://www.khonkaenmap.com/forum/chaipa ... 17222.html

Adhoc
udonmap.com

Re: Where to stay in Khon Kaen?

Post by Adhoc » December 14, 2010, 3:29 pm

Thanks for that guys, I'll look into it, the Kaen hotel sounds good.
I'll need some stress relief, as I'm going there in January to take my teaching exams go get the full Thai teaching licence.

SkyyWalker
udonmap.com

Re: Where to stay in Khon Kaen?

Post by SkyyWalker » December 18, 2010, 5:27 pm

These two places I can highly recommend:

Mai Thai Guesthouse 043 916 606
http://khonkaenorchid.com

They are both foreign/thai owned & a bit of a step up from the Top Manision/Roy Suk types. Still, only around 600 baht.

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » March 12, 2014, 10:04 am

Nice and clean guesthouse-hotel in Khon Kaen price around 350-400 baht ???
I looking hotel like Perfect Mansion in Udon....but i don't know Khon Kaen very well yet.

Thanks in advance :D \:D/

Zidane
udonmap.com

Post by Zidane » March 12, 2014, 11:21 am

The Boss Grand Tower......centrally located,5 mins walk to Pullman restaurants/bars area,10 mins walk to Central Plaza mall......rooms from 499 baht......aircon,restaurant/coffee shop etc.
Telephone : 043-270666
Just when I thought our chance had passed,you go and save the best for last.

dkman
udonmap.com

Post by dkman » March 12, 2014, 11:46 am

We always stay at Khon Kean Orchid Hotel. Everything perfect, clean, fridge, air-con, tv, private bath, balcony etc. Price around 500 baht. Look at agoda. Easy to find and 200 m from Central Plaza.

Laan Yaa Mo
udonmap.com

Post by Laan Yaa Mo » March 12, 2014, 8:50 pm

Last July and August, I split my time in Khon Kaen between two hotels. One, Khon Kaen Hotel, is a bit pricey at 800 baht a night but their cable tv got live baseball on tv every morning about six, which was nice. They also include breakfast in that price.

Almost right beside it is the Roma Hotel which is 500 baht a night. It is very comfortable and the counter staff are very friendly. Some of the mae baan (maids) are looking for husbands but you need to speak Thai to communicate with them. You can also get Thai rooms here for about 200 baht a night. The latter are very basic with a fan, shower and sink.

Within shouting distance of both of these hotels are a slew of others.

The main attraction here is the location. The VIP bus station is just a 5-minute walk away and Bus Station 1, which also includes air conditioning but not always washrooms is about an 8-minute walk the opposite way. Beside the Roma are a number of small Thai restaurants, very fast internet cafes and food stores. Across the street are a range of specialty restaurants.

Just down from the front entrance of the Khon Kaen Hotel is a laundry shop that will take care of your washing needs at half the price of hotels. There are two massage places that provide happy endings if your interest lies in that direction.

Beside Bus Station 1 is a shop that provides many new and old mor lam and luk thung songs, and you can also find a couple of these stores, although not with such an extensive selection, at the market across the street. This popular market sells a host of goods ranging from fresh food to martial arts weapons to the aforementioned vcds.

Central Plaza is about a 20-30 minute walk away or 60 baht tuk-tuk ride.

The City Pillar, where there are free movies shown every night, is a bit beyond the plaza, or before it if you walk the other way.

There is a very big Tawan Daeng outside the city centre that is very popular with college and university students in Khon Kaen.

The key point is that this is a very convenient location, and you can use the 9-baht bus to get to Fairy Plaza, Big C or the one on the outskirts of the city.

Another nice point about Khon Kaen is that there are far fewer farangs here than in Udon Thani.
You only pass through this life once, you don't come back for an encore.

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » March 12, 2014, 9:47 pm

Thanks at all :D \:D/

Drunk Monkey
udonmap.com

Post by Drunk Monkey » September 23, 2014, 6:45 pm

An old thread re visited ,,, business lead to Dao n I staying over in KK last night and heres a serious heads up for a brilliant place to stay .

Mantra Varee Hotel , good location , new very swish rooms and facilities including pool and fitness bar and dining areas , fantastic bathroom with rainforest walk thru shower and the best mattress ive ever laid my ample frame across ...

All rooms 900 bt per night inc buffet brekkie which included excellent fresh coffee and was very palatable .

The KK hotel made the one we stay at in Bkk look like a doss house and half the price !! ,,,definately worth a visit .

DM
Claret n Blue all way thru .. Up the Iron
L2 Season 19/20 Codheads 0 Scunny 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2qrsItFUug
8 minutes is the point of lift off !!!!!!!

hippo
udonmap.com

Post by hippo » September 23, 2014, 7:41 pm

Coming from udon thani you pass the central plaza and the traffic lights after you turn left into the soi and there are plenty of guest house 350 baht fine and clean \:D/

socksy
udonmap.com

Post by socksy » September 24, 2014, 10:46 am

Drunk Monkey wrote:An old thread re visited ,,, business lead to Dao n I staying over in KK last night and heres a serious heads up for a brilliant place to stay .

Mantra Varee Hotel , good location , new very swish rooms and facilities including pool and fitness bar and dining areas , fantastic bathroom with rainforest walk thru shower and the best mattress ive ever laid my ample frame across ...

All rooms 900 bt per night inc buffet brekkie which included excellent fresh coffee and was very palatable .

The KK hotel made the one we stay at in Bkk look like a doss house and half the price !! ,,,definately worth a visit .

DM
Have to agree - stayed there earlier this year.
Here's tae us, wha's like us, damn few, and they're a' deid. Mair's the pity!
Alba gu bràth
Since 1872 Semper Paratus. Neque Deditionem

Alexander355
udonmap.com

Post by Alexander355 » January 4, 2015, 6:36 pm

I stayed in Khon Kaen Orchid Hotel, was very pleased, ok parking places, good english speaking staff.

Return to “Northeast Thailand (Issan)”