Uttaradit 2 day pit stop/accomodations and Phrae, 1 nighter

Northern Thailand forum
laphanphon

Uttaradit 2 day pit stop/accomodations and Phrae, 1 nighter

Post by laphanphon » March 11, 2009, 2:59 pm

March 2009
Uttaradit province/municipality, for a couple . Not the first time, but paying more attention to details. Arrived via Udon Thani - Loei, then 203 via Phu Rua/Dan Sai, 2013-1143-1246-11 to Uttaradit. (i went 1143-1246-1245-1214, map suggested for this, only saves about 8 kms)

Hwy 11 - 119, bear left at ‘T‘, signed and easiest/shortest to town. Stayed at Tai Tana Apt/rooms, a nice top mansion/ruysuk style place with decent bed, ac, frig, clean, safe, car park and good location to food. 320 baht, cheap beer can be purchased all hours if desired, no food available, coffee station, didn’t sample. Exit hotel to the right to intersection, turn right, 1st left, set back less than 50 meters, ice cream parlor with lite food menu. Nice quick, close munch or afternoon heat break. For morning/dinner munchies, exit hotel, turn left, approx. 200 meters, i’m lazy, i drove, in the morning, you can go up to the market area, then road is blocked off. Everything is available, prepared or fresh fruits/veggies. Couldn’t find, though didn’t look to hard for jok. Place is crowded and rightfully so. In the evening, the ‘market’ part is closed, and it’s food vendors, offering their wares. Ate dinner there twice, at same place, quite tasty and priced right. It will be the last place on hotel side of street at main intersection. Looking to the right, across the street, and you will see the local ‘mall’, with Friday Hotel connected to the rear of the ‘mall’.

Didn’t venture much around town, just a quick tour in car, not much there. They have a lovely river, totally under utilized, as in, not at all. The perfect place for food vendors and hotel/guesthouses to take advantage of the ‘better view’, though not knowing, it either floods during rainy season, or the wats already stole all the best areas. But poor use of resources. Not much in immediate area, a large lake to the north of amphur muang, and of course wats, both of which didn’t interest me.

Stayed basically 2 days, as too lazy to leave, and too cheap and munch was rather good. One would of been more than enough, but in no hurry to go anywhere’s. Also free wifi, which is good in morning hours only, then slows considerably. My AIS was better at times.
A pic of apt/hotel sign and ph. #, more details, simply pm me. Another pic of morning market, goes down to far intersection, also where dinner was a couple times, that left hand corner.

Phrae.............1 night stop, not much there, and actually no reason to stop unless too tired to continue. stayed at Nakon Phrae Hotel, 400 baht, almost clean, safe, off street parking. close to extremely mediocre night market. would not waste time stopping there again, simply push on for the extra hour or so to next destination.

Return to “Northern Thailand”