Nakhon Sawan

Northern Thailand forum
laphanphon

Nakhon Sawan

Post by laphanphon » March 26, 2009, 8:35 pm

March 2009

Blew by Tak, and surprisingly sis’s house in Kanphang Phet, saw last year twice, and been to Tak before. NS is where 2 rivers meet to make up Chao Phraya running past BKK. So should be some nice gh or hotels along river, with all things river related. Not to be, a 1.5 meter, ugly wall, with the ugliest market strewed with trash. Mistakenly thinking staying near river would be a plus, one night was enough, but luckily, found a pleasant place, over by the picturesque lake. A mere 380 a night, comfy bed and room, frig/hw/ac, off street parking, nice host, w/decent restaurant. A well appreciated break from driving past couple legs. And of course, shopping, F’ me. A nice small shopping mall w/Big C as anchor store. The better of the big c complexes I’ve seen.

From another thread, picked up a new toy, netbook, very nice. Couple other items, some stocking up on brekkie items, coffee and such, with some toiletries items also, and just relaxing before thinking about where to next. Doing some research, well, a lot, the north is similar to northeast, well deserving non tourist area reps, as not a lot here. As this and few others, fail to utilize some valuable assets, such as these lovely rivers, wasted. Trash shrewd, plastic everywhere. As I was looking at river, a little one, not mine, just chucked his remaining drink in bag w/straw down the steps to the ‘beach’ before rainy season, mom next to him, unfazed. My parents would of kicked the sh*t out of me, and at the time, nobody would have been surprised, deservedly so. Today’s society, arrested for child abuse. Oh well, progress.

The GH is nice, with roof top sitting area, comfy with views of………roofs, but better than scooters, noise and dirt. Shaded for morning coffee. Pics of the park below, saving grace of the town. Some tourist Wats in town of course. The usual array of vendors and food options surround the park and area. Link for gh below, priced different, and posted at gh, 380/500 vip, same bed, just larger room. Couple nice things about town, but unless just stopping thru, no special reason to visit, other than an out and about curiosity run. I think something everyone should do, as soon as you decide to settle in Thailand, as it gives you a good idea what is and isn’t here, and options for your different taste. There are some nice areas, and others that will make you appreciate Udon Thani so much more.

http://www.lelawadeehome.com/index.php? ... &Itemid=28
Last edited by laphanphon on March 26, 2009, 9:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

laphanphon

Re: Nakhon Sawan

Post by laphanphon » March 26, 2009, 8:36 pm

:oops: :oops:

MODS, feel free to delete this post :oops:
Last edited by laphanphon on March 26, 2009, 9:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 26, 2009, 8:36 pm

:oops: :oops:

reloaded both sets again, forgot to turn on shrinkPic, way too big :shock:

MODS, feel free to delete this post, thank you :oops:
Last edited by laphanphon on March 26, 2009, 9:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 26, 2009, 9:07 pm

junction of Ping River and Nan River, become the source of Chao Phraya River

small part of the rooftop terrace at gh, about 8 sitting areas

Last edited by laphanphon on March 26, 2009, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 26, 2009, 9:08 pm

strange looking statues in the park

BKKSTAN
udonmap.com

Post by BKKSTAN » March 27, 2009, 12:39 am

You paid 380,but the site lists 450,480,590!Was this negotiations or walkin price?pets?

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 27, 2009, 12:53 am

walk in and posted behind check in, nice place, one of best value of hotel i've been at, free wifi...............................300 per day for dog :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: , which i don't understand, because nobody has carpets :censored:

rooftop terrace is quite nice. tho no shade except early morning. food decent. 8)

beer monkey
udonmap.com

Post by beer monkey » March 27, 2009, 6:48 am

Thanks La for the pics...the small mountain range looked familiar and remember the big bhudda(sure there was one in the hill somewhere too) and park only ever stopped off there for an hour or so many times when travelling to Tak many moons back.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 27, 2009, 3:29 pm

Stan

Stop calling LA pets !! [-X [-X

" You paid 380,but the site lists 450,480,590!Was this negotiations or walkin price?pets? "

Gr8 post LA , sort of stuff the backpackers bible needs to have

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 27, 2009, 8:21 pm

the hill was called Khao No, and another next to it, big monkey statue, apparently monkes hang out at base of wat cave, didn't see any and didn't bother with cave. just curious. at dusk, the bats emerge in large black cloud, supposedly, wasn't going to drive back to see.

the other side

only monkeys we saw.

Return to “Northern Thailand”