Re: Renew marriage visa

Post by jackspratt » January 17, 2022, 11:55 am

sometimewoodworker wrote:
January 17, 2022, 9:03 am
jackspratt wrote:
January 16, 2022, 7:44 pm
ps Not all OA visas are multi-entry.
Please give an example.

On every embassy and consulate website I have seen they are all multi-entry, this incudes the MFA https://www.mfa.go.th/en/page/non-immig ... 00c812e8e2

So anyone who has an OA that is not given as multi-entry is an error and can be corrected.
Things have obviously changed since I obtained my initial OA in Australia in 2007.

For that one, and I believe the subsequent one, I had a choice of single entry (cheaper), or multiple (more expensive). Now, only multi is offered.

So no, I can't give a current example.

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 17, 2022, 12:34 pm

For change from marriage to retirement Visa O what financials are required ?
ie how long need to show 65k being deposited each month

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 17, 2022, 1:27 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 17, 2022, 9:19 am
ah, then since my original visa was indeed an O-A issued Stateside by the Thai Embassy in DC those insurance rules certainly applied to me.. I never figured a simple "O" visa would get a pass. My mistake. https://www.thaiembassy.com/travel-to-t ... r-retirees
Just a point to note.
Copyright © 2021 ThaiEmbassy.com. This is NOT the official website of the Thai Embassy. All Rights Reserved.
So the information though probably correct is not official. Of course official sites may also contain incorrect information.
Jerome and Nui's new househttp://bit.ly/NJnewHouse

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

Post by Bandung_Dero » January 17, 2022, 1:31 pm

noosard wrote:
January 17, 2022, 12:34 pm
So long as it goes in you can start spending straight away and draw down as much as you like. Just make sure you do not miss a month and can prove the 65K comes from an international source.
My SmartBaht Dashboard print out works fine.

Edit: Just to add, if you're anything like me and live comfortably but do not spend anything like 65K per month under normal circumstances and accumulate a significant amount there is nothing stopping you transferring it back, OK there are charges and xrate losses involved but it can be done quite easily.
Sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Heinz bake bean cans and piano wire!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » January 17, 2022, 2:36 pm

noosard wrote:
January 17, 2022, 12:34 pm
I would not expect immigration to permit anything less than 1 year of provable international transfers.
If it were applying for the first time it is different, but for a change I would expect the full 12 months.

Also don’t forget that your extension period WILL change. You will loose any remaining time on your current extension.

Immigration is being kind to anyone who cannot renew a marriage extension by allowing a change near, or at, your next renewal date, rather than the date you can no longer fulfil the conditions of a marriage extension.

maaka
udonmap.com

Post by maaka » January 17, 2022, 4:10 pm

I got a Non O retirement back home in the South Pacific, and 1yr of bank account details was required, not sure of a downsize from marriage to retirement in country.

Udonhoward
udonmap.com

Post by Udonhoward » October 20, 2022, 11:48 am

Applied for my Non-immigrant O based on marriage yesterday. Turned in 2 copies of everything when I sat down. Went pretty well, except the letter from Bangkok Bank that I got first thing in the morning was not the right letter. Had to go back to the bank and get a different letter. Back to Immigration, in and out in two hours (had to wait half an hour for our witness to arrive). They called me at home later in the day, the lady behind the counter had forgotten to take my picture! So I had to go back this morning to get my picture taken. I am "under consideration" until December 7th!

sometimewoodworker
udonmap.com

Post by sometimewoodworker » October 21, 2022, 2:44 pm

Udonhoward wrote:
October 20, 2022, 11:48 am
Applied for my Non-immigrant O based on marriage yesterday. Turned in 2 copies of everything when I sat down. Went pretty well, except the letter from Bangkok Bank that I got first thing in the morning was not the right letter. Had to go back to the bank and get a different letter. Back to Immigration, in and out in two hours (had to wait half an hour for our witness to arrive). They called me at home later in the day, the lady behind the counter had forgotten to take my picture! So I had to go back this morning to get my picture taken. I am "under consideration" until December 7th!
Point of correction you did not get/are in the process of getting “Non-immigrant O based on marriage” but an extension of stay based on marriage which is expiring on November the 7th

This may seem an unimportant pedantic difference to you but the rules and requirements for the 2 are not the same, so people asking, or looking, for help or information using the wrong terms are likely to get information about the item they are asking about instead of the one the need.

rick
udonmap.com

Post by rick » December 28, 2022, 10:51 pm

Did my Visa extension today (Marriage). All went smoothly, got my Kor ror 2 and photos the day before, and my bank letter just after 9.00 am. Then off to immigration, not to busy, and all finished before 10.30 am! Didn't have 2 copies of everything just the important bits - they copied the rest. had to sign my name about 50 times - if not for that, would have been much quicker. Small tip for the extra photocopying and form filling. Pretty good service, no complaints.

Usually take our witness for Lunch afterwards - had to be breakfast instead.....

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 29, 2022, 5:50 am

rick wrote:
December 28, 2022, 10:51 pm
Did my Visa extension today (Marriage). All went smoothly, got my Kor ror 2 and photos the day before, and my bank letter just after 9.00 am. Then off to immigration, not to busy, and all finished before 10.30 am! Didn't have 2 copies of everything just the important bits - they copied the rest. had to sign my name about 50 times - if not for that, would have been much quicker. Small tip for the extra photocopying and form filling. Pretty good service, no complaints.

Usually take our witness for Lunch afterwards - had to be breakfast instead.....
Wait for, wait for it ......

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2022, 5:58 am

Done and dusted in about 90 minutes? Quite impressive. That may encourage some of those that use agents to save themselves some money next time.

That ok Stan?
'Don't waste your words on people who deserve your silence'
~Reinhold Messner~

'You don't have to be afraid of everything you don't understand'
~Louise Perica~

Stantheman
udonmap.com

Post by Stantheman » December 29, 2022, 7:10 pm

tamada wrote:
December 29, 2022, 5:58 am
Done and dusted in about 90 minutes? Quite impressive. That may encourage some of those that use agents to save themselves some money next time.

That ok Stan?
Was waiting for, what seems mandatory by some, comment that not a VISA extension but a permission to stay.

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » December 29, 2022, 8:57 pm

Stantheman wrote:
December 29, 2022, 7:10 pm
tamada wrote:
December 29, 2022, 5:58 am

That ok Stan?
Was waiting for, what seems mandatory by some, comment that not a VISA extension but a permission to stay.
LOL. There was me pre-empting the "dodgy agent" comments. Guess we're both wrong (for the moment).
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » January 1, 2023, 7:36 am

I renewed my marriage visa on 23 Dec. In and out 90 minutes. I was asked for and declined 1,000 Baht tip.

Brian Davis
udonmap.com

Post by Brian Davis » January 1, 2023, 11:19 am

nutosf wrote:
January 1, 2023, 7:36 am
I renewed my marriage visa on 23 Dec. In and out 90 minutes. I was asked for and declined 1,000 Baht tip.
Wow, must be inflation. The norm is usually to round up the fee of 1,900 baht to 2,000.

nutosf
udonmap.com

Post by nutosf » January 1, 2023, 12:07 pm

Brian Davis wrote:
January 1, 2023, 11:19 am
nutosf wrote:
January 1, 2023, 7:36 am
I renewed my marriage visa on 23 Dec. In and out 90 minutes. I was asked for and declined a 1,000 Baht tip.
Wow, must be inflation. The norm is usually to round up the fee of 1,900 baht to 2,000.
They gave me a receipt for 2k. So they kept automatically. They tried to squeeze me for 2k more. They said I only paid 500 Baht on a 5-day overstay. I had a receipt for 2.5k. The boss walked away. Pays to keep the receipts.

FrazeeDK
udonmap.com

Post by FrazeeDK » January 3, 2023, 7:09 pm

did mine in about 2 hours back in mid-November. The younger fellow processing asked for the 2000 baht fee and was surprised when I asked him in Thai if the fee had changed.. He said no, took my 2000 baht and returned with my 100 baht change.. Went in and got my extension stamp the requisite month later then the following week went in and got my multiple re-entry permit paying four thousand baht and getting my appropriate 200 baht change... I received no receipt for either payment and recollect over the last 10 years getting maybe 2 receipts..
Dave

jackspratt
udonmap.com

Post by jackspratt » January 3, 2023, 7:34 pm

FrazeeDK wrote:
January 3, 2023, 7:09 pm
.. I received no receipt for either payment and recollect over the last 10 years getting maybe 2 receipts..
Given that the office is under constant CCTV monitoring, enquiring minds - if they were interested - could possibly ask why if a hundred people (not counting the 90 day desk) pass though on a particular day, only 20 receipts were issued. ;)

And that's disregarding the "agents" of course. :D

noosard
udonmap.com

Post by noosard » January 4, 2023, 10:12 am

jackspratt wrote:
January 3, 2023, 7:34 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:
.. I received no receipt for either payment and recollect over the last 10 years getting maybe 2 receipts..
Given that the office is under constant CCTV monitoring, enquiring minds - if they were interested - could possibly ask why if a hundred people (not counting the 90 day desk) pass though on a particular day, only 20 receipts were issued. ;)

Who is to say the reciepts are not printed for every transaction
and said reciepts are kept by IMO unless asked for

tamada
udonmap.com

Post by tamada » January 4, 2023, 11:22 am

jackspratt wrote:
January 3, 2023, 7:34 pm
FrazeeDK wrote:

Who's looking at any cctv footage? Fox watching the chickens, no? The whole dodgy premise of anything to do with policing and just about anything else here is pay it forward (up). As long as they're taking care of these "commitments", their promotion path is assured.

That's if the cameras are even connected to anything.
~Reinhold Messner~

~Louise Perica~

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”