Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
User avatar
papaguido
udonmap.com
Posts: 3962
Joined: July 5, 2005, 12:28 am
Location: Udon

Re: 90 Day Report - Goal Posts - Here we go again!

Post by papaguido » March 31, 2009, 1:15 pm

laphanphon wrote:i asked in NK late feb when renewing yearly, was told not a good idea to mail to them. no guarantee they will receive or process in time. got the impression i was being told they don't do mail ins, without officially stating it. 8)

hoping for a positve reponse as it is the easiest to do. hope TV is giving out wrong info again, but i suspect possibly accurate, sad not to be able to mail to bkk anymore. 8) nothing but love for us. :roll:
Back from NK for my 90 day report. While being assisted, I asked the officer (Pol. Sen. SgtMaj Suwaphut Punlainak)
about mailing the 90 day report. She said that was acceptable and only emphasized that I include a self address postage paid envelope.



User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11231
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by stattointhailand » March 31, 2009, 4:45 pm

Sounds about right ..... I was there on 23rd Mar for my 90 day report.
Whilst there I mentioned that I am going to Chiang Mai for a few months, and will be there when my next 90 day report is due. I asked if it would be alright for me to report in CM.
The lady (with three pips on her shoulder), informed me that I would have to return to NK, as my visa was issued there and my registered address was in Udon. She did not make any comment about being able to post it, and her use of the word RETURN, led me to believe that I will have to make the trip in person.

One other small point ........ the orig post refers to hotel owners reporting the whereabouts of farang in Thailand, but if we are staying with friends/or renting we still have to report to the police/immigration within 48 hrs of arrival in a new area.

User avatar
747man
udonmap.com
Posts: 10000
Joined: March 25, 2007, 2:22 pm

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by 747man » March 31, 2009, 4:51 pm

stattointhailand wrote:Sounds about right ..... I was there on 23rd Mar for my 90 day report.
Whilst there I mentioned that I am going to Chiang Mai for a few months, and will be there when my next 90 day report is due. I asked if it would be alright for me to report in CM.
The lady (with three pips on her shoulder), informed me that I would have to return to NK, as my visa was issued there and my registered address was in Udon. She did not make any comment about being able to post it, and her use of the word RETURN, led me to believe that I will have to make the trip in person.

One other small point ........ the orig post refers to hotel owners reporting the whereabouts of farang in Thailand, but if we are staying with friends/or renting we still have to report to the police/immigration within 48 hrs of arrival in a new area.
Statto, DON'T we also have to get Our Wives to report that WE are living in THEIR House ??? I Was told this at NK Imm.a Few years back..... :oops: :oops:

User avatar
stattointhailand
udonmap.com
Posts: 11231
Joined: October 25, 2007, 11:34 pm
Location: Oiling the locks on my gun case

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by stattointhailand » March 31, 2009, 4:57 pm

I don't think it matters who OWNS the property ..... they only want to know where you are staying, whether it be hotel, rented place, or in wife/friends house.

laphanphon
udonmap.com
Posts: 5875
Joined: July 4, 2005, 7:47 pm

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by laphanphon » March 31, 2009, 6:31 pm

acceptable and only emphasized that I include a self address postage paid envelope.
excellent. guess they are back on track.... :shock: 8)

those who mail, i send mine 2 weeks early, express, allows plenty of time for return reciept, in case none, i can still make the run without being late. that late fine starts or used start at 2000 baht. :shock:

User avatar
papaguido
udonmap.com
Posts: 3962
Joined: July 5, 2005, 12:28 am
Location: Udon

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by papaguido » March 31, 2009, 8:15 pm

laphanphon wrote:
acceptable and only emphasized that I include a self address postage paid envelope.
excellent. guess they are back on track.... :shock: 8)

those who mail, i send mine 2 weeks early, express, allows plenty of time for return reciept, in case none, i can still make the run without being late. that late fine starts or used start at 2000 baht. :shock:
A poster on Khon Kaen forum also mention the "new boss" confirmed that mailings are acceptable.

While there this morning I noticed a new officer. A female, Captain or "3 pips on her shoulder board" I believe is the new boss mentioned above.

User avatar
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com
Posts: 8886
Joined: July 18, 2005, 12:55 pm
Location: Nong Khai

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by BKKSTAN » March 31, 2009, 10:43 pm

Nice lady,did my 90 day report last time! :D

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2701
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by saint » April 1, 2009, 2:36 pm

i got a letter this morning from immagration in nong khai , reminding me that my visa was up for renewal on 12 april . never happened before . and there was me thinking that they didnt really care :D :D . got to be a new thing , anyone else had one of these reminders ?

User avatar
Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com
Posts: 2484
Joined: July 10, 2005, 8:53 am
Location: Ban Dung or Perth W.A.

Re: 90 Day Report - Goal Posts - Here we go again!

Post by Bandung_Dero » April 1, 2009, 3:44 pm

papaguido wrote:
laphanphon wrote:i asked in NK late feb when renewing yearly, was told not a good idea to mail to them. no guarantee they will receive or process in time. got the impression i was being told they don't do mail ins, without officially stating it. 8)

hoping for a positve reponse as it is the easiest to do. hope TV is giving out wrong info again, but i suspect possibly accurate, sad not to be able to mail to bkk anymore. 8) nothing but love for us. :roll:
Back from NK for my 90 day report. While being assisted, I asked the officer (Pol. Sen. SgtMaj Suwaphut Punlainak)
about mailing the 90 day report. She said that was acceptable and only emphasized that I include a self address postage paid envelope.
That was always the case but it was also emphasized that one should send it to them EMS as the receipt was proof that it was sent and can be tracked. I tracked my last mailed report to their front door but never received the receipt during the time that it was being stated that they were no longer processing mailed reports. ---- THEY COULDN'T BE ARSED so neither could I from then on.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor
Posts: 617
Joined: May 2, 2006, 1:56 pm

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by Nick@AUA » April 1, 2009, 5:47 pm

I will send mine (90 day) off by EMS post tomorrow (2nd April). It's due on 7th April.

If I don't hear or receive anything by 9th or 10th I will just go.

I will let you know how I get on.

User avatar
UdonExpat
udonmap.com
Posts: 1417
Joined: June 9, 2007, 10:30 am
Location: 3rd rock from the sun

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by UdonExpat » April 2, 2009, 8:13 am

When I did my 90 day report last month I was talking with a guy from Khon Kean. He had numerous 90 day reports for some of the teachers where he worked. Seems it's not necessary to physically report, only provide the info.

He had photocopies of each passport ID page, visa page, the old report receipt and the new report. The Immigration Officer checked each one, filled out his section and returned them to the guy. Better than all those people having to come to the office.

Nick@AUA
Udonmap Sponsor
Posts: 617
Joined: May 2, 2006, 1:56 pm

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by Nick@AUA » April 7, 2009, 5:32 pm

Nick@AUA wrote:I will send mine (90 day) off by EMS post tomorrow (2nd April). It's due on 7th April.

If I don't hear or receive anything by 9th or 10th I will just go.

I will let you know how I get on.
It's the 7th - not seen anything yet. Although yesterday was a holiday so ...maybe tomorrow.

fingers crossed.

Shipm8te
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: April 2, 2009, 4:30 pm

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by Shipm8te » April 7, 2009, 9:58 pm

Nick@AUA wrote:
Nick@AUA wrote:I will send mine (90 day) off by EMS post tomorrow (2nd April). It's due on 7th April.

If I don't hear or receive anything by 9th or 10th I will just go.

I will let you know how I get on.
It's the 7th - not seen anything yet. Although yesterday was a holiday so ...maybe tomorrow.

fingers crossed.
Does your EMS Tracking Number show delivery?

User avatar
BKKSTAN
udonmap.com
Posts: 8886
Joined: July 18, 2005, 12:55 pm
Location: Nong Khai

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by BKKSTAN » April 8, 2009, 8:38 am

There is a 7 day grace period!

jetdoc
udonmap.com
Posts: 986
Joined: August 20, 2006, 10:44 am

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by jetdoc » April 8, 2009, 9:08 am

Did a 90 yesterday in at 11:15 out at 11:18;o)

mortiboy
udonmap.com
Posts: 3104
Joined: April 25, 2008, 8:59 pm
Location: Guildford/Udon

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by mortiboy » April 8, 2009, 11:47 am

jetdoc,
SAME HERE! Yesterday, but at 3.00 pm. In and out 5 minutes! Layout changed now.Seems they have got it together.I think more staff there now too.I even got a smile!

User avatar
saint
udonmap.com
Posts: 2701
Joined: February 28, 2008, 5:31 pm
Location: the truth is out there . but dont dare tell it !!!!

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by saint » April 8, 2009, 4:15 pm

went today to renew my visa , not as quick as you guys ,but 40 minutes . considering i changed from retirement to marriage visa , cuz you only need half the funds in thailand , and you gotta get some perks out of being married right ! :roll: :roll: as i say changed visa type and had additional forms needed filling out by them , 4 pages i think , i was happy with the service . has anyone else noticed the woman sitting second from left , next to big chiefess , looks like helen mirran , only with oriental eyes ? or did jan put more than just milk on my cornflakes this morning . :? :?

User avatar
jackspratt
udonmap.com
Posts: 10426
Joined: July 2, 2006, 5:29 pm

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by jackspratt » April 8, 2009, 5:29 pm

saint are you talking about the delicious Helen Mirren when she did "Age of Consent"?

Image

This was the most family friendly photo I could find whilst staying within the UM guidelines :D

User avatar
arjay
udonmap.com
Posts: 8261
Joined: October 2, 2005, 12:19 pm
Location: Gone to get a life, "troll free"

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by arjay » April 8, 2009, 8:01 pm

You sometimes have to watch out for the local visa shop touts, who come in at 8.00am, take a handful of queue cards and disappear again, before reappearing with them later in the morning, intent on jumping the queue!! :roll: [-X

Shipm8te
New Member
Posts: 8
Joined: April 2, 2009, 4:30 pm

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by Shipm8te » April 20, 2009, 4:10 pm

Nick@AUA wrote:
Nick@AUA wrote:I will send mine (90 day) off by EMS post tomorrow (2nd April). It's due on 7th April.

If I don't hear or receive anything by 9th or 10th I will just go.

I will let you know how I get on.
It's the 7th - not seen anything yet. Although yesterday was a holiday so ...maybe tomorrow.

fingers crossed.
It's now the 20th. Did you ever get your 90 Day Reporting slip back in the mail?

Post Reply

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”