Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
izzix
udonmap.com

Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by izzix » March 29, 2009, 12:33 am

Updated: [March 28, 2009

PATTAYA IMMIGRATION POLICE ENFORCE REPORTING PROCEDURES

As part of the latest initiative to find foreign criminals hiding out in Thailand, Pattaya Immigration Police have informed owners of local hotels and accommodation businesses about the strict rules for the registration of foreign visitors and the penalties for non-compliance.

500 business owners attended a meeting on 26th March 2009, at the Bangkok Pattaya Hospital, where they were addressed by the Superintendent of the Pattaya Immigration Police, Pol. Col. Arnonnat Kamonrat and his officers.

They explained methods to prevent crime and made clear how important it is that the business owners work together with the authorities. The owners will have to file a report for every guest within 24 hours. If they fail to deliver in time they will be fined. The fine starts at 2000 baht and if the person who was in charge of the registration was the manager; the fine can be up to 10.000 Baht.

The report must contain data about the foreigner’s name, arrival-date, passport no., visa, TM-card-no, 90-day-report and departure-date. In the event of the foreigner extending his/her stay beyond 90 days the report must be updated.

For the foreigners themselves, failure to report after 90 days will result in a 5000 baht fine and 200 baht per day overstay.

The officers made it clear that all of this data must be written correctly in capital letters. Spelling mistakes will not be tolerated. As a solution for very busy owners the immigration offered to accept the reports by mail or email.

may
News Type : Community
Story : Jirawat
Photo : Jirawat
Translater : Sirithanon

arjay
udonmap.com

Re: Immigration enforce reporting procedures

Post by arjay » March 29, 2009, 8:16 am

Izzix, again your source is not clear. It appears to be a report on Immigration procedures, and not from Immigration, so cannot be relied upon!! :roll:

Note also it appears flawed:-
For the foreigners themselves, failure to report after 90 days will result in a 5000 baht fine and 200 baht per day overstay.
Failing to report isn't over staying!!

I have a friend who normally lives in Hat Yai, has a work permit issued there, has recently been staying in Issan, and and 3 days ago, "reported his address in Nong Khai", without incident. Though, I believe they may have pointed out that he should normally "report" in Hat Yai.

wazza
udonmap.com

Post by wazza » March 29, 2009, 8:25 am

For Security reasons, I dont allow hotels to photocopy my passport if its asked for , I always give them my Thai driving licence which has never been rejected.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 29, 2009, 9:00 am

i guess i won't mention that i rarely give them anything, only if i booked online and res is in my name, maybe once a year. barring that, ree usually calls, res in her name, we enter, gem and i sit, she does the paperwork thing, off to the room. they never seem to be interested in my ID. like it that way, no hassles or bother for me. also give the thai license as id, when asked. my debit card has a constant block on it, i unblock if shopping online, charge goes thru, i reblock till next 6 months when i might use it. they ask, why, i say in thailand, nuff said, never questioned, that's kind of sad. :roll: occasionally, when going 'upscale' :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: they ask for card for security, but must not run it, as blocked. guess run it thru the imprint for future use if needed, but useless to them. :D 8)

wokkawombat
udonmap.com
Location: Udon/Noosa Australia. "One crowded hour of glorious life is worth an age without a name".

Post by wokkawombat » March 29, 2009, 10:54 am

When I visited Nong Khai immigration on March 9th I noticed a yellow paper with the requirements and penalties for non compliance re the 90 day report. Unfortunately I did not take any notice as my thoughts were elsewhere. It was sticky taped on my side of the immigration officers desk so maybe someone visiting soon can get the full gist of it and report back.

John

banpaeng
udonmap.com

Post by banpaeng » March 29, 2009, 1:35 pm

I left Jomtien 3 days ago. Upon arrival they did check the visa dates. I wondered why, as this has never been done.

I am not saying the story is true or false. Just stateing what happened to me.

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 29, 2009, 5:40 pm

Well we have always had to report evrey 90 days and there has always been a fine involved for not doing it.

What I saw being stressed really has nothing to do with us. The Hotel must report that you are staying there, That aslo applies to people who rent homes to us. But it's their resposiblity, ours is to notify them if we change addresses.

Good information but I don't see anything new in it, Arjay is right fine for overstay is much more stiff then failing to do the ninety day report. I've never done it but the last I heard you could do the ninety day report via the mail. I like to go there and see whats going on. :lol:

Anyone noticing it's from Pattaya again again again again again again :fryingpan: :wave:

747man
udonmap.com

Post by 747man » March 29, 2009, 5:46 pm

git wrote:Well we have always had to report evrey 90 days and there has always been a fine involved for not doing it.

What I saw being stressed really has nothing to do with us. The Hotel must report that you are staying there, That aslo applies to people who rent homes to us. But it's their resposiblity, ours is to notify them if we change addresses.

Good information but I don't see anything new in it, Arjay is right fine for overstay is much more stiff then failing to do the ninety day report. I've never done it but the last I heard you could do the ninety day report via the mail. I like to go there and see whats going on. :lol:

Anyone noticing it's from Pattaya again again again again again again :fryingpan: :wave:
Git,I GUESS that is were MOST of the Falang Criminals stay,Well Maybe........( Lots of Hiding Places ) :pirate: :pirate:

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 29, 2009, 6:01 pm

Ya I would think they would be a little busier then Nong Khai :lol:

cali4995
udonmap.com

Post by cali4995 » March 30, 2009, 7:08 am

The irony of all this is that there are by far more "Thai" fugitives hiding-out in Patters
than obscure mafia figures. And of course as we see repeatedly in the news folks such
as this don't stay in popular tourist areas, they go find some quiet neck-of-the woods. =;

bumper
udonmap.com

Post by bumper » March 30, 2009, 7:30 am

I have often said it woudl be to their advatage to go a real retirment visa get rid of a ton of this paper work. So they have the staff to find the illegal allein. But hey it's up to them. Those of us who are complying are not the problem

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » March 30, 2009, 9:56 am

Git, In general, reducing workloads and thereby making it more difficult to justify increases in staff and resources has not the nature of bureaucracies. I'm not holding my breath for any changes like that, or even email 90 day notification.

Arjay, I think holding Izzix responsible for mistakes in quoting or mistakes made by those quoted in the articles he posts is a little bit harsh. It would be great if he cited sources more thoroughly so readers could verify the source, but at the same time, I think that this particular article was well worth posting for its own sake, and as a bonus, look at the interesting discussion it generated.

Bandung_Dero
udonmap.com

90 Day Report - Goal Posts - Here we go again!

Post by Bandung_Dero » March 30, 2009, 12:00 pm

A new thread has started on ThaiVisa re 90 day reporting and it basically states that Bangkok may no longer be accepting mailed reports from non Bangkok residence. :evil: :-#

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Retiremen ... 52624.html

lopburi3 says:
The web site is indeed out of date and you used to be able to report to Bangkok by mail if you lived outside of Bangkok (inside Bangkok you were told not to use mail). Those mailing from outside Bangkok now are getting returned letters advising them to contact there local office for future reports.
but he also said that NK may be processing mailed reports now (again)???

Any word as they stopped doing that some 12 months or more ago. ](*,)

laphanphon

Re: 90 Day Report - Goal Posts - Here we go again!

Post by laphanphon » March 30, 2009, 12:18 pm

i asked in NK late feb when renewing yearly, was told not a good idea to mail to them. no guarantee they will receive or process in time. got the impression i was being told they don't do mail ins, without officially stating it. 8)

hoping for a positve reponse as it is the easiest to do. hope TV is giving out wrong info again, but i suspect possibly accurate, sad not to be able to mail to bkk anymore. 8) nothing but love for us. :roll:

arjay
udonmap.com

Post by arjay » March 30, 2009, 1:22 pm

Rickfarang, I wasn't meaning to hold Izzix responsible for mistakes or flaws in the actual articles he quoted.

I was suggesting that he should make his sources clearer, which would enable members, if not Izzix himself, to give consideration to the value, reliability and integrity of his sources. ;)

papaguido
udonmap.com

Post by papaguido » March 30, 2009, 6:09 pm

Going tomorrow to do mine, I'll ask about mailing 90 day reports.

rickfarang
udonmap.com

Post by rickfarang » March 30, 2009, 8:53 pm

The goal posts did not get moved, they were redefined.

Along with the receipt for my last 90 day report by mail to Bangkok last month, they included a slip that said:

" According to the Immigration Order No. 38/2252 issued on February 5, 2009, regarding the specific zone for submission of application in connection with The Immigration Act, Bangkok Immigration Division is responsible and authorized for the applicant residing only in Bangkok. In case of other applicant, not residing in Bangkok, he/she must contact the particular Immigration Office / Checkpoint located in the area as specified in the above mentioned order. Thus, next tim you have to contact Nongkhai Immigration tel 042-420242-2" and in the part of the slip written in Thai, "Website [email protected]" I suspect that this is an email address, and have sent a email requesting information on doing my 90 day report by mail.

The emphasis (boldface and underlining) is the same as that printed on the slip.

Yes, there is a rumor on khonkaen.com that says that somebody of rank in Nong Khai Immigration said that they will accept 90 reports by mail from anybody. Remember, except for one long term staff member, there is a new staff in Nongkhai.

laphanphon

Post by laphanphon » March 30, 2009, 9:47 pm

so, if i'm out and about, such as now, and my 90 day check in is due, i'm supposed to mail it to NK, if they accept, since out and about, no real way to verify they recieved in time.............so i'm supposed to drive from where ever / phuket maybe, to report in. even though i drive past hua hin (which i used before, think they were happy to see me, they were so bored), chumphon, ranong, phuket............something wrong with this picture.

izzix
udonmap.com

Post by izzix » March 30, 2009, 10:59 pm

Dave58
udonmap

Post by Dave58 » March 30, 2009, 11:18 pm

Laphanphon, well let's hope common sense will prevail. arjay's friends experience suggest it may well do:
arjay wrote:I have a friend who normally lives in Hat Yai, has a work permit issued there, has recently been staying in Issan, and and 3 days ago, "reported his address in Nong Khai", without incident. Though, I believe they may have pointed out that he should normally "report" in Hat Yai.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”