Tourist Visa - Cost. Free or not?

Thailand visa and Immigration forum
jai yen yen
udonmap.com

Re: Tourist Visa - Cost. Free or not?

Post by jai yen yen » September 28, 2009, 9:19 pm

I am in Vancouver Canada and I just got 3 tourist visas valid for 60 days each for free, no charges at all. Just a smile.

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 29, 2009, 12:07 am

dee...may I ask where you actually are now???
and what website you are actually looking at???
My information is 100% true if you are in Udon & looking to go to Laos (Vientiane) to create a tourist visa.
If you are somewhere else, or looking somewhere else then a multitude of different regulations may apply...
A case of the information that you will receive will be as reliable as the information you impart to the Forum!!!! :(

lopburi3
udonmap.com

Post by lopburi3 » September 29, 2009, 8:16 am

I sauspect he is looking at Hull. That is an Honorary Consulate and they have taken it upon themselves to impose an administrative charge for a free tourist visa. I have not seen any report of any other Consulate doing this.

dee
udonmap.com

Post by dee » September 29, 2009, 12:00 pm

hello bob.im looking at the hull website.i thought they would be all the same.but no!!!

BobHelm
udonmap.com

Post by BobHelm » September 29, 2009, 12:12 pm

No indeed Dee...as Lopburi says Hull are charging for tourist visas ('admin' charges) now that they are free. If you read the Hull site about the Non-Imm 'O' visa you will see that they are actually suggesting that people use this as a 'longer term' tourist visa - they still get paid for a non 'O'... :D
Nearly every Consulate/Embassy seems to have their own take on visa rules & regulations (even in the same country, let alone different countries) which is why you have to be careful.

Return to “Thailand Visas & Migration to other countries”